British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAudi

Edinburgh Vs Glasgow (30th May)

The morning after the night before.

It doesn't feel any better.

WTF was that last night?

First of all, due respect to the Edinburgh riders and fans. The riders remained professional throughout and the fans last night and on here could be giving us a lot more stick.

That says it all really. If they'd humped a decent team they'd have every right to be rubbing it in.

They've not, because we're dire and there's no joy in beating a team like that.

What of our lot?

Well I'm reading all sorts of excuses on the internet, and the usual "they're our boys, get behind them".

An admirable attitude. But realistically, a view only shared by a minority. We need bums on seats and performances like that won't have the remaining fans queuing up at the Ashfield turnstiles!

The Glasgow promotion have a responsibility to put out a team that befits the red and white striped race bibs.

No excuses.

I've heard too many of them over the last 2 years.

I'm tired of them.

It really is time this promotion got its act together and gave the loyal fans a team we can be proud of.

Glasgow promotion, if the programmes for tomorrow haven't been printed yet, print one less.

I'd rather give my money to a worthy cause who'll treat my money with respect - Barnardos.

• Like 1

Wasnt there to witness the massacre ..part 7,8,9 or what ever sequel of this horror show glasgow put on these days.... Edinburgh do over every team at home anyway but read fabulous live updates on monarch chatzone and gave overall picture of how poor we are/were. I thought stewart would deliver something better team wise he still has time to make changes but will he..

• Like 1

That was absolutely dreadful . Fair enough Edinburgh are a very good side , but those first 8 heats tonight were the worst i've ever seen from a Tigers side . 36-12 after heat 8 and two taccy rides producing zilch , i thought were were going to be lucky to get 20 never mind the 32 we managed to muster .

No heart , no fight apart from Anders Thomsen , a truely abysmal performance .

We showed more fight during the average fixing meeting in 2010 than we did in those first 8 heats tonight . Where we go from here god only knows , but we have to take a long hard look at ourselves , cause we still have a decent following , but we are being force fed garbage .

Wolbert starts to ride once the meeting is lost , Pijper looked as if he'd never seen Armadale before . We're having to watch Cook popping wheelies half a lap ahead of our riders . It's just not good enough .

Can't really add to much to the above other than what you said last night i.e. early doors it was looking like a 70+ score for Edinburgh.

It was a good crowd last night with a very healthy turn out from the Tigers fans..hats off..

Hopefully wee Berge comes back soon from injury as he'll be at reserve, assuming team changes don't impact that. If he returns in the same/similar form prior to injury that could be a wee trump card. Plus what were Rosen and Henry's averages when Newcastle punted them... surely they must be in with a shout of hanging their kevlars on one of the shooglie pegs at Ashfield.

One good thing from last night I forgot to mention, at least in Anders Thomsen we have a rider who's willing to give it a try at Armadale and looks like he's getting to grips with it.

It was a good crowd last night with a very healthy turn out from the Tigers fans..hats off..

Mug punters, they'll never learn! Like you couldn't have foreseen last night and then want to complain about it. There is supporting your team through thick and thin and then there's being downright delusional. Glasgow are on the fringes of not worth supporting at all away from home. Scunny will smell an away win tomorrow and only they can chuck it away.

• Like 1

Embarassing, no wonder g.m found the talent off track more enticing than the kittens efforts on track. Part of me says we should feel for em, but the other half says GIRUY Kittens.

• Like 1

Mug punters, they'll never learn! Like you couldn't have foreseen last night and then want to complain about it. There is supporting your team through thick and thin and then there's being downright delusional. Glasgow are on the fringes of not worth supporting at all away from home. Scunny will smell an away win tomorrow and only they can chuck it away.

How long should thin last?

Edited by george.m

How long should thin last?

Good question, we've been on the verge of extinction for 2 years now, though nowt changes on track. I doubt we have the cash to make changes. I'll still be at Ash on Sunday. I don't expect a league winning side just a credible one that can supply a bit of entertainment, at home anyway.

• Like 1

Good question, we've been on the verge of extinction for 2 years now, though nowt changes on track. I doubt we have the cash to make changes. I'll still be at Ash on Sunday. I don't expect a league winning side just a credible one that can supply a bit of entertainment, at home anyway.

I've always said I want entertainment as first priority.

Watching riders switch off half way down the straight last night was not entertainment.

EEN thought Kittens were so bad they used a pic of Plymouth v Monarchs to head up their match report.

It wasn't that enjoyable last night, I'm not sure whether that's due to the amount of times we have seen the Kittens or the sorry state they are in. Probably a mixture of both.

Not really sure where they go, I would have thought a temporary replacement for Berge would have been a must. I mean the last thing you want for struggling team is more rides for the struggling riders. As for Agent Wolbert, I'm a bit confused, he does show what he is capable of but obviously not nearly often enough. Stevie's interview got me thinking, could it just be a lack of effort from over the winter and previously taking effect? He was close to giving up, so he surely wasn't investing 150% of his efforts being keen and enthusiastic about his speedway.

EEN thought Kittens were so bad they used a pic of Plymouth v Monarchs to head up their match report.

Perhaps there were no pictures from last night with all 4 riders in them?

• Like 3

Or just ones of the gal in the dress....

• Like 1

True , they were popping wheelies on the back straight while ours hadn't reached the first bend . And thinking about , anyone wanting a pop about me complaining about last night , just be thankful you weren't stood beside me when we'd amassed the grand total of 12 points after heat 8 .

I went there last night , not expecting my team to win but at least hoping to give them a run for their money , what we witnessed in those first 8 heats was nothing short of embarrassing .

• Like 2