British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAudi

Edinburgh Vs Glasgow (30th May)

On Friday night the Tigers make the short trip east to face Edinburgh. 4 out of 4 derbies have been won by Edinburgh so far this season, and the Monarchs aim to keep their place at the top of Scottish speedway.

Predicted line ups:

Edinburgh Monarchs:

1. Craig Cook

2. Justin Sedgmen

3. Max Fricke

4. Derek Sneddon ©

5. Sam Masters

6. Aaron Fox

7. Steve Worrall

Glasgow Tigers:

1. Kevin Wolbert

2. Dimitri Berge R/R

3. Mark Lemon

4. Theo Pijper

5. Rusty Harrison

6. Kasper Lykke Nielsen

7. Anders Thomsen

Edited by MonarchsMitchy

yawn, I feel for both sets of fans

i know the feeling

Agreed... The league meetings between these two used to be THE match that both sets of supporters looked out for... Some of the fiercest and intense meetings have occurred when these two have clashed in the league... However, nowadays with 1/3rd of our season practically devoted to meeting our friends from the West, the gloss has well and truly been taken from these matches...

• Like 1

Sunday would have been the Monarchs third visit to Ashfield in 8 weeks. I agree this used to be the fixture of choice but that's going back a few years now.

I used to think there was nothing better than getting the speedway season under way with a trip to Armadale on a bitterly cold March evening to see the Tigers new recruits. That was then, now other than a glory hunting visit in 2011 I haven't been to Armadale since 2008. Too many matches between the sides is one reason and others which have been debated on here before. However I'm out of the mode of going there now, like many Monarchs fans are to Glasgow and don't see that changing.

There is also the end of season meeting between the teams to make it four visits home and away. Add in that one are annual strugglers whilst the other are regularly table topping sides, it doesn't whet the appetite anymore.

Sunday would have been the Monarchs third visit to Ashfield in 8 weeks. I agree this used to be the fixture of choice but that's going back a few years now.

I used to think there was nothing better than getting the speedway season under way with a trip to Armadale on a bitterly cold March evening to see the Tigers new recruits. That was then, now other than a glory hunting visit in 2011 I haven't been to Armadale since 2008. Too many matches between the sides is one reason and others which have been debated on here before. However I'm out of the mode of going there now, like many Monarchs fans are to Glasgow and don't see that changing.

There is also the end of season meeting between the teams to make it four visits home and away. Add in that one are annual strugglers whilst the other are regularly table topping sides, it doesn't whet the appetite anymore.

Add to that a second league meeting (yep, we meet twice in the league this season!) between the two sides in the farcical fixture list this year and also a (albeit possibly remote) chance that should we both reach the KO Cup Semis, another H/A fixture of the Monarchs vs Tiggers would make it a minimum of 6 home/away meetings between the two clubs...

Weather forecast looks good for today.

With Monarchs making the long trek back from darkest Sussex, and messrs Masters & Sedgemen having also travelling overnight on Wednesday from France, it is probably fortunate that our friends from the West do not appear to be formidable opposition.

So long as the racing is up to the normal high standard at the Dale, the punters should be well entertained.

Weather forecast looks good for today.

With Monarchs making the long trek back from darkest Sussex, and messrs Masters & Sedgemen having also travelling overnight on Wednesday from France, it is probably fortunate that our friends from the West do not appear to be formidable opposition.

So long as the racing is up to the normal high standard at the Dale, the punters should be well entertained.

What's wrong , not predicting defeat :shock: . Anyway it is a lovely morning , hope it stays that way - even within the Armadale micro climate

With Monarchs making the long trek back from darkest Sussex

Did they get directions from KKS?
  • Like 1

With Monarchs making the long trek back from darkest Sussex, .

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And they say women have no sense of direction! lol :P

Rusty out with severe migraines, Andre Compton in as guest for Dimitri and r/r for Rusty.
Fox out due to wound opening up and Max Clegg in for him

Guess we need Anders and Kasper to do well to keep it competitive, Which Kevin will turn up ? and what is Andre like at Armadale ? Will be going along to cheer on the boys anyway, need to get more than 38 points lol as no one has got more than 38 there so far.

Quite easy to mix up these backwaters of Suffolk & Sussex :oops:

For a track Theo Pijper rode so well last season he looks a novice tonight