British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAudi

Edinburgh Vs Glasgow (30th May)

It is a difficult one . Berge , we are told , will be back at some point . He actually drops to reserve today . But we are beginning to worry that it's going to be long term and he was the shining light of our season before he got hurt .

As for the rest . Anders Thomsen cant be faulted . The lad is riding out his skin , ok maybe he tries a wee bit too hard at times , but you canny criticise the lad for that . We'll see how he does out of the reserve position .

Kasper Lykke also cant be faulted . Fair enough he cant gate for toffee , but he tries his heart out in every race .

Now it gets more murkier . Theo Pijper is fine at home when he gates , more often than not he's ineffective when he doesn't . 5/10 for his performances so far .

Rusty Harrison has in the main done his job , apart from the last home match against Workington . The headache excuse for Friday's absence , hot on the heels of the disappointing return against Workington , got the rumour mill working overtime on Friday .

Mark Lemon is 41 and obviously not the force he once was , he's scoring the fives and sixes which is basically all we can expect .

Kevin Wolbert is the main disappointment . We know how good a rider he is , we've seen it in the past round Armadale and Ashfield when he was a Monarch What we have witnessed this season isn't even close to what he was just a couple of seasons ago . Mark Lemon scoring 5 and 6 is one thing , Wolbert scoring the same is quite another . We've heard all the excuses about engines etc , we've had enough . A number one scoring 5 and 6 isn't going to win his team many meetings .

Our bottom end is improving and exciting . The four experienced riders at the top aren't raising their game adequately enough ,and in Wolbert's case not at all .

Regardless what changes are made , nobody among the Tigers faithful would lose any sleep if any of the top 4 are replaced .

Yes re Berge it is a bit strange re the seeming lack of info, to date. Is no news good news?

I hear you re Thomsen I've not seen Lykke as much as yourself I'm a wee bit less sure of him.

Lemon appears to be doing his job now, just about.

I'm not sure what's going on re Rusty.

Theo and Kevin will probably be the most concerned.

It will be interesting to hear the news today.

George has had a change of heart or sobered up by looks of it.

I would be very surprised if Theo has not been dropped. His performance on Friday night was One of a man not puting it all in. Although he has maybe below the performance I expected he is not the biggest problem. I didn't see the message in question about our director but if you want customers through the doorthen you need to give them a product. For the first time since we never tried at Armadale that bad bad night I wasn't going yesterday. I spend at least £100 a month following The Tigers when you include travel, programmes and beer money so for anyone to ask if we really want speedway shows you there are serious problems with those running our club. I am not shelling out this money to watch what is being served up any longer. Take note of how a speedway meeting should be ran and watch how our nearest rivals do it. The presentaition in a different league completely. Wolbert would not have last this long at any other club in the PL. If you take his meetings just this season he must be below a 7 average?

Edited by markw40
  • Like 4

George has had a change of heart or sobered up by looks of it.

George should have a good look at himself and not the supporters hope he has a right good look at Mark's post above it is people like him and all the other fan's who spend there hard earned money that are the lifeblood not a Big i am like George as far as i am concerned there are far too many Big I am's at the club but nobody seems to be pulling in the same direction they are all only interested in there look at me importance.

No wonder he pulled it the backlash has been understandable it really was a poor comment to make and ill-advised hopefully he has seen his error and will have learnt from it to keep his mouth shut.

• Like 1

George should have a good look at himself and not the supporters hope he has a right good look at Mark's post above it is people like him and all the other fan's who spend there hard earned money that are the lifeblood not a Big i am like George as far as i am concerned there are far too many Big I am's at the club but nobody seems to be pulling in the same direction they are all only interested in there look at me importance.

No wonder he pulled it the backlash has been understandable it really was a poor comment to make and ill-advised hopefully he has seen his error and will have learnt from it to keep his mouth shut.

Do we have more directors than rider assets?

Do we have more directors than rider assets?

:rofl:

Who would have keyboard warriors !!!!!!

Or concerned fans voicing their displeasure at as poor a performance as i can remember . Suppose it's a fine line .

• Like 2

I reckon that rules me out then cos I refuse to be a good little boy! :P;)

nah you certainly dont qualify as a boy