British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cliffeboy

Rebels V Scorpions 30.05.14.

I agree June that something is not right , the terrible form of Josh Auty lately, seems the only track he can now ride consistently is Sheffield, others struggling for consistency and it's a good job that Nikolai Klindt was signed hopefully for the rest of the season, I believe that Glasgow and Sheffield are our only chances of securing away wins and unless major changes to the team are made such as the return of a racefit Anders Mellgren (with Nikolai Klindt also in the team) i can't see Scunny finishing in the top 6, it doesn't help either that the next home league match is 3 weeks away on June 20th so all the other teams should have well caught up with Scunny in the league table by then.

I think you have pretty much said what most of us are thinking. Again tonight Josh on 3pts; I have a theory on Josh which says that the busier he is ie; doubling up with Birmingham in the EL last season...the better he is. Sometimes you just need to be in 'the zone' in speedway and too much time spent waiting for the next meeting to come around won't help your form. Speedway riders generally need to be out there racing; and that breeds confidence. You score 3pts and then the next meetings a week away. Except in this particular instance Josh can put it right at Glasgow on Sunday; and he is certainly very capable of doing exactly that. At the moment without Nicolai the going would be even tougher and to be honest, if Anders Mellgren confirms a return then a 'decision' would need to be made as if we are aspire to the 'play-offs' then both of them would probably be in the team. So depending on averages someone would be stood down.

Back to tonight Ash(6) and David(5) filled in the middle order as you expect; but with Josh down and Ryan tweeting he rode his nuts off for just 4pts its a tall order against Rebels who have scored freely at home this season. To be honest I would not get too down (although the riders will be frustrated) because we can pick it up at Glasgow on Sunday and win there.

But I do agree with other posters that something does not feel quite right at the moment; although I am certain everyone is working hard to keep the Scorpions on track in this ultra competitive 2014 Premier League.

• Like 1

You have jorghensen not pulling his weight at reserve which doesnt help plus a no1 whos scoring like a reserve and shot to bits on his confidence.imo a complete re shuffle is needed

douglas,klindt,mellgren are def riders you need to stay. As for howe,birks,auty,jorghensen all look like there going nowhere fast this yr if scunny want to progress they need replacements

Good racing last night, although the final scoreline was a bit disappointing from a Scunny viewpoint,especially after being 24-24 mid-meeting. But Somerset are very, very good around their own track. At least we stopped 'em getting 60 again.

Worst refereeing decision I've seen for a long time in Heat 4 Olly Allen clatters straight into Ryan Douglas on second bend and knocks Ryan off. Allen should be excluded, although ref has option of all 4 back if he's feeling generous. But somehow Ronnie Allan excludes Ryan. Preposterous.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 1

Good racing last night, although the final scoreline was a bit disappointing from a Scunny viewpoint,especially after being 24-24 mid-meeting. But Somerset are very, very good around their own track. At least we stopped 'em getting 60 again.

Worst refereeing decision I've seen for a long time in Heat 4 Olly Allen clatters straight into Ryan Douglas on second bend and knocks Ryan off. Allen should be excluded, although ref has option of all 4 back if he's feeling generous. But somehow Ronnie Allan excludes Ryan. Preposterous.

All the best

Rob

Totally agree, but even worse decision was in heat 7 when Allen took Todd Kurtz out wide and put him in the fence, yet blind referee excluded Todd. Referee seemed never to have heard of "All 4 back" Only second match I have attended this year, but on last nights performance in more than one race, Allen looks a dangerous rider and only a matter of time before he is injured again. Good racing and enjoyed that, but please Somerset do something about the evenings presentation and also drop the interval after heat 12.

josh auty's form is a mystery,3to5 points at home or away(excluding Sheffield of course),maybe he will come good maybe not but we've been here before with other riders hav'nt we?they get dropped get signed by another team and then come back to the E.W.R and score a hatfull of points! beats the hell outta me?

Give over with regards Olly Allen being dangerous - there is a fine line between being very hard, which there is no doubt Olly is, and being dangerous. The way we saw heat 4 from where we were stood was that it was clear where Olly was heading and Douglas kept going with him, kept going, kept going and eventually went down like a sack of spuds where he realised he had no room. Correct decision, and similar in heat 7 although I can see why Todd would be slightly aggrieved being his team mate.

A good showing from Scunthorpe who were a lot better than their score line suggests. Klindt was good value and flew round in his first couple, and both Douglas and Jorgensen mixed it and deserved much more than their tallys suggest. Jorgensen was leading both heat 2 and heat 4 before the red lights coming on and not being able to repeat it in the rerun.

What has happened to David Howe and Josh Auty though? Couldn't believe how poor they both were and both seem to have lost their bottle somewhat.

I think you have pretty much said what most of us are thinking. Again tonight Josh on 3pts; I have a theory on Josh which says that the busier he is ie; doubling up with Birmingham in the EL last season...the better he is. Sometimes you just need to be in 'the zone' in speedway and too much time spent waiting for the next meeting to come around won't help your form. Speedway riders generally need to be out there racing; and that breeds confidence. You score 3pts and then the next meetings a week away. Except in this particular instance Josh can put it right at Glasgow on Sunday; and he is certainly very capable of doing exactly that. At the moment without Nicolai the going would be even tougher and to be honest, if Anders Mellgren confirms a return then a 'decision' would need to be made as if we are aspire to the 'play-offs' then both of them would probably be in the team. So depending on averages someone would be stood down.

Back to tonight Ash(6) and David(5) filled in the middle order as you expect; but with Josh down and Ryan tweeting he rode his nuts off for just 4pts its a tall order against Rebels who have scored freely at home this season. To be honest I would not get too down (although the riders will be frustrated) because we can pick it up at Glasgow on Sunday and win there.

But I do agree with other posters that something does not feel quite right at the moment; although I am certain everyone is working hard to keep the Scorpions on track in this ultra competitive 2014 Premier League.

Edinburgh i can understand being smug and confident but if you think a win tomorrow is a foregone conclusion then i would think again.

Great meeting on Friday! Best racing I've seen for a long time! Top marks to both sides.

Can someone do me a favour?

The youngster who came out at the end to do a few practice laps along with Henry Atkins..? What was his name - couldn't catch what the announcer said.

Great meeting on Friday! Best racing I've seen for a long time! Top marks to both sides.

Can someone do me a favour?

The youngster who came out at the end to do a few practice laps along with Henry Atkins..? What was his name - couldn't catch what the announcer said.

Anybody know?

Young rider doing after meeting laps at Somerset not Henry..?