British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DragonsDen

Rye House V Ipswich Sat 31st May

Talking of the fish and chips, has anyone tried the fish and chips from the new shop on the second bend at Foxhall yet?

Got to admit I was impressed and much better than I thought they would be! admittedly the chips aren't chip shop chips, just frozen fries probably, but the fish and battered sausage were bang on.

I shall return :D

I did try them once, but I really don't like skin on my fish, which unfortunately there was. But if I did like skin, then yes it would have been pretty good.

Interesting you say that Baldy because we've had this conversation before on here with Shadders a few weeks back. I agree with you I would prefer skinless fish, but I've honestly never ever seen skinless fish from a fish shop in Ipswich and I've probably tried all of them.

The pub fish and chips like your weatherspoons around town do them, but I've never had a skinless piece of fish from a proper fish shop.

If you've found one, let me know!

Back on topic before someone pipes up, good win yesterday :D

Well I live in Sudbury, and of the few fish and chip shops in use, they just take the skin off for me, it's that simple. But at the stadium they don't cook the fish that you have asked for as it's basically already done. You don't see any fish being dipped in batter and then dropped into the fryer. But it's better than that of Rye which by the uniform shape of every piece, it's also just fish out of a packet but still frozen then fried to its death.

As for the win, yes it was good as wasn't expecting it, but it could have been much better if anyone had been watching the racing beforehand,

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

Why does every Rye house thread descend into a discussion in fish and chips ?

Maybe because the stadium is a dive it's the best thing about it ?

I did try them once, but I really don't like skin on my fish, which unfortunately there was. But if I did like skin, then yes it would have been pretty good.

One thing I can't stand is skin on battered fish.

Was that the same Hawkins who rode like a dog when he was with us? Also, Manzares looked a totally different rider from the one who guested for us v Plymouth in the LC.

One blown engine away from a win, that's the way it goes sometimes.

It may be a dive, but it's ours. Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

Possibly also there's little contribution on here from the Rye faithful? Perhaps the likes of westhamboy and rocketBen and the sort that will only come on if their team wins..

Possibly also there's little contribution on here from the Rye faithful? Perhaps the likes of westhamboy and rocketBen and the sort that will only come on if their team wins..

Makes a change to see Ipswich fans not arguing with each other

It may be a dive, but it's ours.

Very true Shadders and you're not alone either, very few stadia are up to scratch these days unfortunately.

Foxhall was looking tired and hardly state of the art before having a load of money spent on it recently.

Not everyone has that sort of cash for improvements

Makes a change to see Ipswich fans not arguing with each other

I've heard this before, but I don't really get it. When the blert Aljack was around maybe, but apart from him I don't see it.

Maybe I've just not paid enough attention..

Edited by Catch22

Very true Shadders and you're not alone either, very few stadia are up to scratch these days unfortunately.

Foxhall was looking tired and hardly state of the art before having a load of money spent on it recently.

Not everyone has that sort of cash for improvements

Being tenants means you're at the mercy of the landlords. Len Silver paid for the air fence out of his own pocket, without having to go cap in hand to the supporters like most other teams. Perhaps that's why something had to give, notably air fares for Swedish riders. Edited by Shadders
  • Like 2

Hate to think the best thing is the Fish and Chips! Well it maybe was when it was a proper Fish Shop but now.....?!

Anyways anyone know if there is a fish and chip shop at Peterborough?! Thinking of making a visit on the 10th ;)

There is actually and a few of us had fish and chips last time, and it was very very good. And it was proper fish dipped in batter.

Edited by Baldyman

Peterborough fish & chips are outstanding.

Make sure you're hungry though - they are huge.

Rye fish (really??) and chips - the barge pole phrase comes to mind

The fish and chips at mildenhall today were superb, worth every penny of the £5.50 it cost me!

Haven't been there yet this season but they have always been great in the past at Mildy.