British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shadders

Plymouth V Berwick (pl) 30th May

Just got home from the match,steen jensen very impressive,barker and rasmus apart plymouth were crap,berwiick very solid better than the monarchs imo

• Like 4

Absolutely brilliant result!

Steen Machine really living up to expectations, a masterstroke of a signing.

The whole team though are putting in solid, consistent scores, that will make us very hard to beat.

I really don't agree with the home team getting two double point rides either.

When you take those scores out, it really shows the quality of this win.

Sounds like a great meeting too, I must get down to Plymouth at some point.

• Like 2

Personally I don't think that T/R option (in its current form ) should be available to the home team at all being at home should be enough of an advantage

• Like 2

Result was never in doubt. Racing was better than I thought it'd be.

Plymouth really are struggling, with only Barker & Jensen looking decent.

A couple of alarming crashes. Thankfully all four riders managed to walk away

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

Absolutely brilliant result!

Steen Machine really living up to expectations, a masterstroke of a signing.

The whole team though are putting in solid, consistent scores, that will make us very hard to beat.

Sounds like a great meeting too, I must get down to Plymouth at some point.

Totally agree with this i absolutely hate the stupid double point rule as do most Speedway supporters it would seem maybe if we all said we love the rule then the powers that be would scrap it, it was ok from 15 Meters but it is actually points for nothing when from the gate, makes Speedway very unproffesional looking its like its a bloody knockout..

Edited by fairplay1
  • Like 1

Personally I don't think that T/R option (in its current form ) should be available to the home team at all being at home should be enough of an advantage

That's what I meant, I just didn't put it as clearly :)

Yeah, it's a joke that they get any double rides.

Edited by bigeddiechek

Steen really has been a great signing, but it really is a team effort, and all the boys seem to get along, it's absolutely great to see!

• Like 3

Matty wethers always impresses me good team man always gives100% and can mix it with anyone in this league has done a good job guesting for the devils in the past

• Like 1

Totally agree with this i absolutely hate the stupid double point rule as do most Speedway supporters it would seem maybe if we all said we love the rule then the powers that be would scrap it, it was ok from 15 Meters but it is actually points for nothing when from the gate, makes Speedway very unproffesional looking its like its a bloody knockout..

Its seems that Jon Cook is thinking the same way going by his comments in this weeks speedway star

• Like 1

Matty wethers always impresses me good team man always gives100% and can mix it with anyone in this league has done a good job guesting for the devils in the past

Solid as a rock is Matty, utterly dependable rider.

• Like 2

Solid as a rock is Matty, utterly dependable rider.

Been a great signing for the Bandits, goes about his business quietly but really can mix it with the best at times....also he is the man who often comes up with the goods when the pressure is on!
  • Like 5

Couldn't have put it better pal!

Its seems that Jon Cook is thinking the same way going by his comments in this weeks speedway star

while I agree with Cook regarding scrapping the tactical rule but I think his comment that it is"last great wrong"in the Elite League is a bit wide of the mark.
  • Like 2

I said that right from the time the joker was introduced. Basically it's a money saving dodge with no tactical basis - just artificial points.

Edited by Had Enough
  • Like 1

Fantastic result Berwick, really looking good and hopefully they keep this momentum up👍

• Like 1