British Speedway Forum
ColinMills

Coventry Meeting Day

Why are you bothered about Brandon when the National Speedway Stadium at the Ricoh is ready and waiting?? 25,000 seats and all the facilities you could ever want??

Could Speedway afford it though?

8 people have confirmed interest!!....we have 29 days, if you want this to happen, 8 is clearly not enough..its an MP is on our side, he wants in from the start, you may have speedway NOW, but planning permission/noise etc takes ages, if at all, to get passed.. its up to you guys if you wanna make a big noise on july 5th..thanks

• Like 1

8 people have confirmed interest!!....we have 29 days, if you want this to happen, 8 is clearly not enough..its an MP is on our side, he wants in from the start, you may have speedway NOW, but planning permission/noise etc takes ages, if at all, to get passed.. its up to you guys if you wanna make a big noise on july 5th..thanks

We'll be there.
  • Like 1

Abigail Udin is the person at middlands tv someone needs contact if you cov fans wants this meeting covered by local tv..Mark Pawsey can be contacted easily, Rugby advertiser through email address also easy.I WAS happy to arrange the meeting place, but the lack of feedback means i could of done it in a phone box!..8 people is just embarassing to have a tv camera around..you have JUST 27 days to drum up support, i find it sad so few people appear bothered that time is ticking away on brandon..IF anyone is interested, i suggest you arrange a local to take this on, not every club would have a MP as enthusistic as Mr Pawsey on side..good luck

• Like 3

Abigail Udin is the person at middlands tv someone needs contact if you cov fans wants this meeting covered by local tv..Mark Pawsey can be contacted easily, Rugby advertiser through email address also easy.I WAS happy to arrange the meeting place, but the lack of feedback means i could of done it in a phone box!..8 people is just embarassing to have a tv camera around..you have JUST 27 days to drum up support, i find it sad so few people appear bothered that time is ticking away on brandon..IF anyone is interested, i suggest you arrange a local to take this on, not every club would have a MP as enthusistic as Mr Pawsey on side..good luck

Colin not all fans are on social media sites a lot of Cov fans are old school like myself could we get it advertised in the local papers so it covers majority of fans

Colin not all fans are on social media sites a lot of Cov fans are old school like myself could we get it advertised in the local papers so it covers majority of fans

Good idea.

It is only a small number of fans that use this site

could someone in rugby area arrange a social club to let us use on 5th july?....if someone can contact them, explain why we need use of a hall, at 2-3 in the afternoon, theres no way you will be refused, as the custom would be fantastic for drinks,, no club is overly busy between 2-3 oclock

THERE will be another hour of speedway chat on BBC Coventry & Warwickshire this Monday at 6pm.

Broken collarbone victim Oliver Greenwood will be in the studio to talk about his season so far and give an update on his injury.

In addition, there are interviews with Ryan Fisher and Kenneth Hansen after Friday's meeting, Phil Morris discusses the World Under-21 Team Cup and Peter York reflects on his most memorable meeting.

Tune in on 94.8, 103.7 and 104FM or on bbc.co.uk/Coventry.

If you contact CWR, hopefully Wayne will be able to publicise the event.

ATB

Dave

• Like 1

Why are you bothered about Brandon when the National Speedway Stadium at the Ricoh is ready and waiting?? 25,000 seats and all the facilities you could ever want??

but how long for ? even if a speedway promotion could afford the rent , how long will it be before Coventry city FC come back with their tales between there legs , and the council says Thanks for putting your finger in the hole speedway but now the great god is back you'll have to go .

Speedibee tends to have a lot to say, have you asked him?

I'm not local as you full well know , go do your stirring on another thread , this is too important for childish games

• Like 1

but how long for ? even if a speedway promotion could afford the rent , how long will it be before Coventry city FC come back with their tales between there legs , and the council says Thanks for putting your finger in the hole speedway but now the great god is back you'll have to go .

I'm not local as you full well know , go do your stirring on another thread , this is too important for childish games

Err, how would I know where you live. I don't know who you are! :blink: You were the one that started the threads about this, but are happy to sit back and let other people do the work it seems. As for stirring and childish games LOL you are the master at that sir!

Edited by Jacques

Err, how would I know where you live. I don't know who you are! :blink: You were the one that started the threads about this, but are happy to sit back and let other people do the work it seems. As for stirring and childish games LOL you are the master at that sir!

Your'e right I did start A thread asking the question why Bee's fans are not interested in protesting , So now the forum Police In the form of Jacques are going to insist I have to organise a protest are they? simply because I asked the question . what a shame I can't block you on here as I have on facebook .

Your'e right I did start A thread asking the question why Bee's fans are not interested in protesting , So now the forum Police In the form of Jacques are going to insist I have to organise a protest are they? simply because I asked the question . what a shame I can't block you on here as I have on facebook .

:D I don't know who you are, why would I be bothered?

I didn't realise you were such a sensitive soul, put me on ignore if I bother you that much ...

could someone in rugby area arrange a social club to let us use on 5th july?....if someone can contact them, explain why we need use of a hall, at 2-3 in the afternoon, theres no way you will be refused, as the custom would be fantastic for drinks,, no club is overly busy between 2-3 oclock

Colin, there is a social club in Brandon, not sure how big it is as I've ever been in, that could be one option. There is also the Roseycoombe Pub on the Rugby Road, just up from the stadium they used to run the Cocked hat and I'm sure would be very approachable. Next you have the Oak at Brandon...??

We seem to have posts going on three different threads which isn't too helpful, maybe we could get them merged?

I think Falsedawns suggestion to get the supporters club on board is the right idea. They may know more than us about the situation with the club. But as it stands we don't have any true idea of what is actually going on with the club. That info is vital. Jeremy Heaver is a member here, maybe he could help?

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 2

tails between their legs

B E E S

Actually, the owners of CCFC have made it clear they will not return to the Ricoh, and are planning for a new 12,000 seater stadium!

Edited by Midland Red
  • Like 1