British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

For those people who say Ward hasnt got a semi final phobia the stats are:

2013: 9 GP'S - 8 Semi-Finals - 2 Finals

2014: 6 GP'S - 3 Semi-Finals - 1 Final

In 15 GP's Darcy has had 11 Semi Finals yet only reached 3 finals - 27% strike rate.

Compere that with Tai

2013: 12 GP'S - 10 Semi-Finals - 6 Finals

2014: 6 GP'S - 4 Semi -Finals - 3 Finals

In 18 GP's Tai has had 14 Semi Finals and reached 9 Finals. - 65% strike rate

They both reached on average the same number of semi finals yet Tai converts into finals hence why he is World Champion.

Until Darcy handles the pressure better then he may never get to be champion.

Interesting stats-but that might not tell the full story-it would be interesting to know the ratio of 1st 2nd 3rd 4th gate picks respectively between the two of them.

Don't realy understand the moaning about the bad racing. Watched it from the stream on the SGP website while I was in Czech Republic, was pretty good! Although the ad's every 10 minutes are realy annoying. Would be cool if there was an option to watch one GP for a certain amount of money, the only option was to pay 60 euros for the whole season!

Interesting stats-but that might not tell the full story-it would be interesting to know the ratio of 1st 2nd 3rd 4th gate picks respectively between the two of them.

I'm going to estimate now but I'd be amazed if Wards programmed rides didn't yield a similar (if not higher) average than Tais did over the last 2 seasons.

How many more years must we endure the sight of Greg Hancock thrusting that awful green drink at the camera and then worse, pretending to actually drink the stuff.

Please Greg, retire now, you've had a incredible run but speedway needs 'the young'.

I would generally agree that an ole timer who has had a good innings may just go on too long which may detract from all the good years.

As for Greg, he is still top of the pile its still for the others to catch him.

For a 44 year old I think he is doing amazingly well just to compete at the top level, never mind beating those half his age.

Its the same with Valentino Rossi, I "worry" sometimes that he will push the years too much and really go off the boil, but basically this year he is the only one to take the challenge to Marquez, who has to be said is phenomenal, especially for his age - quiet exceptional.

For those people who say Ward hasnt got a semi final phobia the stats are:

2013: 9 GP'S - 8 Semi-Finals - 2 Finals

2014: 6 GP'S - 3 Semi-Finals - 1 Final

In 15 GP's Darcy has had 11 Semi Finals yet only reached 3 finals - 27% strike rate.

Compere that with Tai

2013: 12 GP'S - 10 Semi-Finals - 6 Finals

2014: 6 GP'S - 4 Semi -Finals - 3 Finals

In 18 GP's Tai has had 14 Semi Finals and reached 9 Finals. - 65% strike rate

They both reached on average the same number of semi finals yet Tai converts into finals hence why he is World Champion.

Until Darcy handles the pressure better then he may never get to be champion.

I don't think its the pressure that could/will stop Darcy becoming World Champion one day, i reckon that until he learns to GATE, then he will never do it. The majority of the GP tracks are set up slick (heaven knows why!!!!) for the gaters and if you miss it, then you more often than not, have no chance of getting to the front, no matter how good you are.

How many more years must we endure the sight of Greg Hancock thrusting that awful green drink at the camera and then worse, pretending to actually drink the stuff.

Please Greg, retire now, you've had a incredible run but speedway needs 'the young'.

It's called keeping your sponsors happy!

He is also leading the world championship not to bad for someone who isn't young and should retire i say! ;)

I fund Greg pretty dull but the guy has no need to retire just yet. He's still doing it better than anyone else in the sport - fair play.

Yes. If I was leading the world title race I'd definitely decide to retire half way through the season.

I think you csn probably find 14 other people who would agree that now is a good time for greg to retire...

• Like 2

It must be doing him some good as he is #1 at the moment :)

I think all those energy drinks are awful and get most of my energy from drinking gin :)

Just because Ward is the most excitig rider in the world it doesnt make him the best rider in the world

Its only the Poole -ites that seem to believe that hype.

You are of course very right.

Darcy remains a rider with bags of potential that has yet to prove it on the big stage.

Bit like Michael Jepsen Jensen. Although his hype seems well and truly over.

Its only the Poole -ites that seem to believe that hype.

You are of course very right.

Darcy remains a rider with bags of potential that has yet to prove it on the big stage.

Bit like Michael Jepsen Jensen. Although his hype seems well and truly over.

DIDN'T fully appreciate the extent of the injury MJJ has been carrying until words with him over the weekend. Still has bags of potential and much too soon to write him off.

MANY more years of Greg still to come hopefully. Pure joy just watching him ride in classical fashion. One for the purists...

Philip, had a great time in Copenhagen as always-but one thing left a bad taste in my mouth. The robbing Parken stadium Danish Ba**ards. The programme clearly had a cover price of 100 Danish Kroner(nearly £12-a disgraceful price) but could you buy one for that-NO you had to pay 110 and get a free pen. I took 3 pens with me-they have done it before but this year really pi**ed me off.

Greg is very dull to watch but a super pro who never misses a GP due to his conservative style. Be sad when he is gone but the more exciting racers we get to watch the more success for the GP series.