British Speedway Forum
PHILIPRISING

Belle Vue National Stadium

Even I can't knock this latest news. Awesome stuff :)

There are some on here who will read and weep. :P:wink:

• Like 3

The first diggers and materials have arrived on site

http://www.bellevueaces.co/newsitem.aspx?id=1274

good to see although at first glance I thought it mustve been a picture from Wimbourne Road! wink
  • Like 1

There are some on here who will read and weep. :P:wink:

You are such a fool mate why should anyone be anti that even if you qualify it with a wink :)

Now we can see something real taking place.

Once the ground is broken it is likely to end up with a stadium.

Excellent news but the points raised here about debt and making it pay will still stand unfortunately.

This idea that fans will flock to the place in thousands is a bit too optimistic.

Once the honeymoon period is over BV will struggle just like all the rest of the EL except Poole :)

Edited by pandorum

Here we go. :t::party: :party: :party: :party:

You are such a fool mate why should anyone be anti that even if you qualify it with a wink :)

Now we can see something real taking place.

Once the ground is broken it is likely to end up with a stadium.

Excellent news but the points raised here about debt and making it pay will still stand unfortunately.

This idea that fans will flock to the place in thousands is a bit too optimistic.

Once the honeymoon period is over BV will struggle just like all the rest of the EL except Poole :)

You are the fool if you think there isn't folks on here who hope it fails. Read the thread before making stupid statements.

• Like 1

Well it's started!! Still a huge amount of work to be done, but this is a big step forward. Leaving Kirky Lane is a big boost to the speedway here.

Really think the Cradley promotion should get their councillors up to see what is happening. This is still a small stadium in Manchester but something similar would be a big stadium in Dudley.

• Like 2

So after 7 years of hard work and against all expectations Belle Vue achieve something which may just help to save this sport we love. It will provide modern facilities that might just encourage newcomers to return and properly structured training facilities to encourage British talent and you want the council to pull the plug.

If everyone had that attitude the sport really would be doomed.

As for the pathetic comment about fact finding missions, only a fool would embark on such a major project without doing as much research as possible.

Well its took them long enough to find out what they need in a stadium and all of the tracks ive seen them at you need'nt worry Bellvue is not gonna match to the ones they have visited

You are the fool if you think there isn't folks on here who hope it fails. Read the thread before making stupid statements.

Not sure that is the case.I guess people just can't see it being a success.In reality i think everyone must have their fingers crossed,because if this doesn't succeed it is Goodnight Vienna for British speedway.I do think speedway missed a chance when the Speedway Star was asking British speedway to get behind Plough Lane.I hope this time British speedway gets behind this project otherwise it will increasingly become a backwater on the European scene

I don't think anyone will really hope that it fails but there are an awful lot who said it wouldn't happen (despite all the statements to the contrary) and who now stand to look pretty foolish.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 3

Well its took them long enough to find out what they need in a stadium and all of the tracks ive seen them at you need'nt worry Bellvue is not gonna match to the ones they have visited

I dont really see how you can be so sure of that.... sounds like you not too happy its going ahead.

Too many doom and gloomers.

I look forward to seeing the progress and finished project - more then just a speedway track remember.

I dont really see how you can be so sure of that.... sounds like you not too happy its going ahead.

Too many doom and gloomers.

I look forward to seeing the progress and finished project - more then just a speedway track remember.

Yes - it is. It is a TRADITION that goes back to 1928.

I am definitely looking forward to the Grand Opening and watching Belle Vue in their very own Stadium.

To those who said it wouldn't happen - I TOLD YOU SO!!!

I wouldn't normally say that - but some Posters on here were oh so certain............................... :nono: :nono:

I am definitely looking forward to the Grand Opening and watching Belle Vue in their very own Stadium.

I wouldn't normally say that - but some Posters on here were oh so certain............................... :nono: :nono:

TWK its a small detour from Whitley Bay i'll pick you up on the way to the opening night

• Like 1

TWK its a small detour from Whitley Bay i'll pick you up on the way to the opening night

Cheers mate. :t:

You can pick me up at the Comrades Club. ;):) :)

This venture needs the fans to support it. I take you will be buying a season ticket White Knight as a supporter

I'm sure there are still plenty of bricks available for those who really want to show their support. 🏁

Edited by Aces51