British Speedway Forum
PHILIPRISING

Belle Vue National Stadium

I really hope that the condition is that the stadium must be complete before they sell the houses.

We had a similar deal for a stadium near Edinburgh 10 years ago which stated that the stadium had to be started before they could sell houses. 10 years later, all the houses are sold and we have this of the stadium:

033866_6a491583.jpg

Instead of this:

01.jpg

Wow. Where was that going to be built.

Wow. Where was that going to be built.

That was planned for Wallyford, just to the East of Edinburgh.

There is still some talk that it might finally get built but after all this time it seems unlikely...

That was planned for Wallyford, just to the East of Edinburgh.

There is still some talk that it might finally get built but after all this time it seems unlikely...

I didn't know about that one. Remember the later one, which was to build within, was it ScotWastes, factory area. Hope it comes back as being viable, cos that looks a terrific design.

I didn't know about that one. Remember the later one, which was to build within, was it ScotWastes, factory area. Hope it comes back as being viable, cos that looks a terrific design.

I'm not sure that the Wallyford one would ever have included speedway but where there is a dog track there is always hope :)

I'm not sure that the Wallyford one would ever have included speedway but where there is a dog track there is always hope :)

Planning consent barred motor sports.

• Like 1

The new Stadium at Swindon is scheduled to be built before the 2016 season. They have recently started building the houses and the conditions are that the Stadium must be either started or completed before they sell 400 houses.

So what happens if they stop building when the 399th house is complete. I've heard of that happening in the past, although it was only something to do with providing a playground or something similar, so something that means the 400th house is going to cost millions to the developer, it makes you wonder.

So what happens if they stop building when the 399th house is complete. I've heard of that happening in the past, although it was only something to do with providing a playground or something similar, so something that means the 400th house is going to cost millions to the developer, it makes you wonder.

I would hope that a payment, part of the 106 agreement, is made to the council for each house built and not after they have built the 399th. Also they are not able to knock down the existing stadium to build on that area and the car park until the new one is built, so we would just continue in the old one.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

I for one hope and believe this will happen and if the new track is any where near as good as H/Road we are in for a real treat I see no reason why it will not happen from what i have read.Everyone seems on board and the cost of the stadium will be a fraction of the profits achieved by the housing and it is a condition of planning is it not.

LATEST from Belle Vue ...

The build effort of the National Speedway Stadium has already crossed the one-month mark and nearly all of the initial earth works have been completed.

Thursday saw the arrival of the mammoth pile driver that, next week, will get to work on the initial stages of the foundations of the Main Grandstand.
Deep excavations are set to commence on Monday while ground preparation of the South Stand, which features the state-of-the-art acoustic barrier, will also begin.
And astroturf from the former hockey pitches has started to be removed from the site, but since ISG are such firm believers in recycling it will be sent to one of the local Cricket Clubs in Manchester.
  • Like 2

Very encouraging.

Hope this works for you guys.

www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.800845563322698.1073741831.129552893785305&type=1

• Like 1

hyderd,that link doesn't work for me but thanks for posting it. This is the same address but hopefully, this one will work.

https://m.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.800845563322698.1073741831.129552893785305&type=1

These things are tough if you aren't on Facebook. I'll just have to pass on this one. :sad: :sad: :sad:

I don't like Facebook and do not wish to be a Member.

• Like 3

These things are tough if you aren't on Facebook. I'll just have to pass on this one. :sad: :sad: :sad:

I don't like Facebook and do not wish to be a Member.

TWK, you can do as I do and join Facebook and twitter without ever posting anything and restrict your page so that nobody can see it.

There a only two new photos but you can get updates on the stadium here

http://www.bellevueaces.co/newsitem.aspx?id=1316

• Like 2

TWK, you can do as I do and join Facebook and twitter without ever posting anything and restrict your page so that nobody can see it.

There a only two new photos but you can get updates on the stadium here

http://www.bellevueaces.co/newsitem.aspx?id=1316

Thank you very much indeed Aces51. I will use this Link regularly. :t::approve: :approve: