British Speedway Forum
PHILIPRISING

Belle Vue National Stadium

How long did it take Leicester and Newport? (the only two "stadiums" that have been built in the last 15ish years). I'm sure Newport went up in about 6 months. They have 12 months for this one so no need to panic yet!

You obviously forgot Redcar.

You obviously forgot Redcar.

Was it a stadium? I missed them, Somerset and Scunthorpe out as they were more track in a field to start with. Newport and Leicester had/have permanent buildings.

Was it a stadium? I missed them, Somerset and Scunthorpe out as they were more track in a field to start with. Newport and Leicester had/have permanent buildings.

Fair enough SCB - I stand corrected. :t:

Though Redcar does now have a permanent Stand.

How long did it take Leicester and Newport? (the only two "stadiums" that have been built in the last 15ish years). I'm sure Newport went up in about 6 months. They have 12 months for this one so no need to panic yet!

First of all was the stand at Newport actually ever finished? Everytime I went it still looked like a building site. We are talking a bit more professional here then a few concrete steps with some seats bolted on them with a dark and dingy bar and toilets underneath.

They haven't updated for about 2 weeks but latest photos here :

http://www.bellevueaces.co/newsitem.aspx?id=1338

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.800845563322698.1073741831.129552893785305&type=3

First of all was the stand at Newport actually ever finished? Everytime I went it still looked like a building site. We are talking a bit more professional here then a few concrete steps with some seats bolted on them with a dark and dingy bar and toilets underneath.

They haven't updated for about 2 weeks but latest photos here :

http://www.bellevueaces.co/newsitem.aspx?id=1338

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.800845563322698.1073741831.129552893785305&type=3

It's all looking might Posh .Cant wait to see the pictures when the track is marked out , that will be a watershed moment for speedway

I was at Swindon a few weeks ago, and considering it is supposed to be their last season at the abbey, there was no sign of any works commencing on the site of the new stadium. They will need to get a move on to get it ready in time for the 2016 season.

• Like 1

I was at Swindon a few weeks ago, and considering it is supposed to be their last season at the abbey, there was no sign of any works commencing on the site of the new stadium. They will need to get a move on to get it ready in time for the 2016 season.

Your right they had better get a wriggle on at Swindon with this being the last year at the Abbey.

Saturday 19th March will be the opening night in the Peter Craven Memorial

• Like 3

Saturday 19th March will be the opening night in the Peter Craven Memorial

Most appropriate. :approve: :approve: :approve:

:party: :party:

FC United started construction of their stadium in November 2013 ..first they were hoping to start this 2014-15 season there but it was nowhere near ready...not surprising as that would have been about 9 to 10 months to complete....they were hoping to finish the season in it but it still wasn't ready ...so that was 17 months under construction without being ready.......they are due to open in May though .....so that is 18 months from starting construction to the official handover ..and that's around 5000 capacity

I don't know how Belle Vue compares in design but they have another 12 months to be able to start next season plus the few weeks of construction already done..and hopefully a good summer to work through....I think they should be fine to start next season and I'll certainly go and have a look at the place once it opens.

Now that Team GB are allowed in the Best Pairs Cup, maybe the National Stadium could host the British leg in 2016 - or even a round of the European Championships?

• Like 2

Now that Team GB are allowed in the Best Pairs Cup, maybe the National Stadium could host the British leg in 2016 - or even a round of the European Championships?

Pity we only have 1 rider worthy of entering into it.

Pity we only have 1 rider worthy of entering into it.

Tai, bomber and Nichols are all well worthy of places in the pairs. The likes of cook are equal or better than manzares or the Germans/Latvians.