British Speedway Forum
PHILIPRISING

Belle Vue National Stadium

Smashing News. :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve:

I won't make the opening Meeting. But I do hope to get there at least once to see it all.

Can't wait................. :t:

i'll certainly be making the pilgrimage TWK you would be welcome to come along - i'll just nip through the tunnel and get you

• Like 1

i'll certainly be making the pilgrimage TWK you would be welcome to come along - i'll just nip through the tunnel and get you

Thank you very much for that ch958. I may take you up on that. :t::approve: :approve: :)

This is by far the most important thing stated on the whole 13 pages of this thread.

DO NOT balls-up or compromise the size, shape, or surface of the track under ANY circumstances!

Think this guy got it right

• Like 1

And there has not been a "balls up" of the size, shape, or surface of the track - its whats under the surface of the track only on turns 3-4 that is/was the problem.

And there has not been a "balls up" of the size, shape, or surface of the track - its whats under the surface of the track only on turns 3-4 that is/was the problem.

Is it the Loch Ness monster? Only appears now and again. Some people believe it doesn't exist, others disagree. Some even refuse to go out on the surface of the loch, whereas other, less experienced, people seem to have no problem with it. Been a mystery for ages that nobody can get to the bottom of. Hopefully, the equally mysterious situation at the NSS won't take as long to solve.

• Like 2

What are you finding mysterious about the situation at the NSS? Its been well documented what the problem has been and what's being done to rectify it.Same as the Loch Ness monster in as much that some people won't accept the truth.

• Like 1

What are you finding mysterious about the situation at the NSS? Its been well documented what the problem has been and what's being done to rectify it.Same as the Loch Ness monster in as much that some people won't accept the truth.

Apologies for my flippant remark, Colin and my suggestion that Nessie may be lurking down there. No mal ice intended (though I had thought that the "N" in "NSS" may stand for "Nessie" :lol: ). Q: What is the unluckiest monster in the world? A: The Luck Less monster - well, she would be if she surfaced at the NSS about now, imagine the barrage of refund requests and litigation she would receive.

What I have found "mysterious" is the Belle Vue web-site, or rather the apparent lack of an open & honest update of the current situation to be found on it. Apart from some kind posters on here who have relayed some of the information they gleaned from the recent Fan's Forum, there would have been no update provided for us "outsiders" - like Manchester equivalent of sassenachs. A fan's forum is all well and good if you can attend it, or information is disseminated from it to the general public.

Fair enough, if this situation simply affected Belle Vue's fans, but it doesn't as a number of other, general speedway, fans were affected (probably more so) and, some may say the sport in Britain as a whole. Maybe not "mysterious" but, for me, disappointing. If the Belle Vue management cannot put a statement out for legal reasons, then why not make that their statement.

I would have thought that their web-site is the major medium for public communication and, apart from announcing meeting cancellations and a brief statement about ticket refunds (together with details of a coach being sent to Coventry), the actual ongoing issue has been skirted around on there, in my opinion. I am a speedway fan, have loved my trips to Belle Vue in the past (particularly in the Octobers of 1976 & 1984) , am interested in what is going on and, simply, have a reasonable request for being kept in the loop. I am though, as I said, simply a fan of the sport I suppose.

I get where your coming from regarding the official web site.The unofficial site Belle Vue Army is very good and probably more informative.I think the official site has to be careful what is put out with the recent problems.The delay to get racing at the NSS has been really frustrating for all fans.I watched some of the practice session before the first league match was called off and I thought the track was great,what do I know? Hope you make the trip to Manchester it should be a brilliant race track when finally sorted out.

• Like 3

I get where your coming from regarding the official web site.The unofficial site Belle Vue Army is very good and probably more informative.I think the official site has to be careful what is put out with the recent problems.The delay to get racing at the NSS has been really frustrating for all fans.I watched some of the practice session before the first league match was called off and I thought the track was great,what do I know? Hope you make the trip to Manchester it should be a brilliant race track when finally sorted out.

Thanks Colin and all the best for having the situation resolved soonest. Thanks for the info about the unofficial site too. If things don't change soon, the Aces will have ridden all of their 'A' home fixtures before they start their home programme. Never known a start to the season quite like it, but people more knowledgeable than me would know if otherwise. At least the team that was assembled looks good on track and Scott is in form. Just need to get Joe Jacobs going now. A competent rider, but a big ask after a year out, to get a No.7 berth in the EL. Best wishes.

Edited by macca56
  • Like 1

So now they have dug up bends 3 and 4 they have found another problem, and some on here said that there was no need for the contractor to utilise the expertise of someone who knew how to build a speedway track.

The problems and repairs are down to the Council and contractor but if the job was done properly the stadium would be up and running by now and would have saved a lot of embarrassment.

Edited by A ORLOV

You have to begin to wonder if the rest of the track will eventually encounter the same unexpected defects that have materialised on bends 3 & 4.

I sincerely hope not but it does seem that the contractors, whoever controls theml, are somewhat less than ideal. Someone has made a right pigs ear of all this.

• Like 1

i'm starting to call bull$hit on this, there seems to be too many problems, my son in law is a civil engineer and he's more than sceptical that a simple thing such as a base is the root of all the "problems". What are the chances on not seeing any racing at all this year at the NSS ?

• Like 1

How does digging it up and starting again 'expose' further defects. Surely the whole point of digging it up and starting again is getting rid of the defects entirely and starting from a clean slate?

• Like 2

How does digging it up and starting again 'expose' further defects. Surely the whole point of digging it up and starting again is getting rid of the defects entirely and starting from a clean slate?

One would have thought so unless the ground they built the track base on was dodgy, will have to wait and see what new problems are if they are made public.

• Like 1