Belle Vue National Stadium

The local American football team as moved to the NSS

The local American football team as moved to the NSS

Well thats a start... :D

• Like 1

At a wild guess -- the SCB?

THERE isn't a supremo ...

Is that instead of the speedway!!!

HAD it from good authority this week that Belle Vue speedway will continue into 2017 thanks in no small part to the prompt and decisive action of Buster Chapman.

By the noises from the BSPA and SS , as well as !!!

The announcement from the American football team , the Titans , it says they will be sharing the stadium

• Like 1

Sharing.

So I can see belle vue just renting the stadium like we did at Kirky lane.

HAD it from good authority this week that Belle Vue speedway will continue into 2017 thanks in no small part to the prompt and decisive action of Buster Chapman.

So prompt that BSI had to bail them out first back in the summer? :rolleyes:

Just had a bit of sick in my mouth.

THERE isn't a supremo ...

I heard Buster Chapman played a major part, too.

Sharing.

So I can see belle vue just renting the stadium like we did at Kirky lane.

I heard that the new Belle Vue owners wanted the stadium as well as the Aces, so maybe it is they who are subletting to the American Football team.

So much for those who said the NSS couldn't attract anything else.

We shall have to wait and see on that one.

Quite. I'll believe it when I see it.

• Like 1

Just had a bit of sick in my mouth.

You keep it.. :neutral:

I doubt that 'supremo' would ever be an official job title.

You would know, wouldn't you. You clearly know everything.

...HAD it from good authority this week that Belle Vue speedway will continue into 2017 thanks in no small part to the prompt and decisive action of Buster Chapman.

This is the sort of thing that needs some really good investigative journalism to happen, for some incisive digging into what the story is, to find out what really happened, what the reasons are and if necessary, where the blame lies. There needs to be more than whispers in internet forums about what is on good authority, and there needs to be more than just copying and pasting BSPA press releases. Speedway Star ought to be doing a big splash on what has happened at Belle Vue, and the truth needs to be delivered to the public, many of which have paid money in the form of the "buy a brick" scheme, and who deserve to know.

IT'S not a supremo but a collective who endeavour to take a stronger grip on British speedway. Just the messenger here, time will tell.

Time shouldn't tell. Speedway Star should tell. If there is a fundamental change in the organisation of the sport at the highest level, the fans should be told. Imagine there being a cabinet reshuffle and the mainstream press not reporting on it. That wouldn't happen and nor should the silence be maintained over what's happening at the SCB. The fans will want to know. What's new? What's changing? Who will be doing the string pulling? What will be the new relationship between the SCB and the BSPA? What does it all mean to the speedway that the fans see next season? Done properly, this could fill 2-4 pages, and could be a very good read. Done as normal, nothing will be put into print until the press release is copied and pasted, which will be well into 2017, and will tow the party line in its entirity AGAIN.

• Like 3

This is the sort of thing that needs some really good investigative journalism to happen, for some incisive digging into what the story is, to find out what really happened, what the reasons are and if necessary, where the blame lies. There needs to be more than whispers in internet forums about what is on good authority, and there needs to be more than just copying and pasting BSPA press releases. Speedway Star ought to be doing a big splash on what has happened at Belle Vue, and the truth needs to be delivered to the public, many of which have paid money in the form of the "buy a brick" scheme, and who deserve to know.

Time shouldn't tell. Speedway Star should tell. If there is a fundamental change in the organisation of the sport at the highest level, the fans should be told. Imagine there being a cabinet reshuffle and the mainstream press not reporting on it. That wouldn't happen and nor should the silence be maintained over what's happening at the SCB. The fans will want to know. What's new? What's changing? Who will be doing the string pulling? What will be the new relationship between the SCB and the BSPA? What does it all mean to the speedway that the fans see next season? Done properly, this could fill 2-4 pages, and could be a very good read. Done as normal, nothing will be put into print until the press release is copied and pasted, which will be well into 2017, and will tow the party line in its entirity AGAIN.

AS I have said before, this isn't the time for upsetting the applecart at Belle Vue. Lots off delicate negotiating going on which will come out in the fullness of time and when the future of the stadium is secured for speedway we can examine what previously went wrong. Our prime concern now is for British speedway not to lose its most iconic name and an outstanding stadium.

As for changes at the SCB, you obviously don't read SS otherwise you would know the answers to the questions you pose.

• Like 1