British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Berwick Pl Sunday 8th June 2014 At 6.30pm

Damn, never been there before cos of the walk, venue for my next visit perchance.

same pies both places

same pies both places

but they must taste better, cos you've went further for them :-)

Robbo riding for your lot Monday night. Remember, we need him back in one unbroken piece after he scores you a few.

Robbo safe & sound - thanks for the pleasure of watching him in a Hammers jacket once again

All action as usual. It'll be a sad day for speedway when Robbo retires.

• Like 6

All action as usual. It'll be a sad day for speedway when Robbo retires.

All action , but what really comes across is when other riders are interviewed after racing against him is the fact he always leaves the other rider racing room . Likewise he complemented Joe Screen and James Grieves during a centre green interview at Glasgow after one of the races of the season there last year , between the three of them . Will be a sad day when Stuart eventually calls it a day , he's one of the visiting riders everyone likes to see come to their track , and a gentleman of the sport

• Like 7

All action , but what really comes across is when other riders are interviewed after racing against him is the fact he always leaves the other rider racing room . Likewise he complemented Joe Screen and James Grieves during a centre green interview at Glasgow after one of the races of the season there last year , between the three of them . Will be a sad day when Stuart eventually calls it a day , he's one of the visiting riders everyone likes to see come to their track , and a gentleman of the sport

it comes across as 'they know' he will always leave them room,,, thus inviting the challenge, whereas others might not be so sure,,, noticed he already had his right leg out last night when he came close to Stead (I think),,, seems to be so aware of what's going on around him,,, top rider,,, even if he is a mackem :-)

it comes across as 'they know' he will always leave them room,,, thus inviting the challenge, whereas others might not be so sure,,, noticed he already had his right leg out last night when he came close to Stead (I think),,, seems to be so aware of what's going on around him,,, top rider,,, even if he is a mackem :-)

:t::approve: :approve: :approve:

Love watching Robbo. He is one of my favourite Riders and seems a nice lad too.

Great advertisement for Sunderland where he was born, although I believe that he lives in Coventry now.

• Like 1

Great advertisement for Sunderland where he was born, although I believe that he lives in Coventry now.

Obviously saw sense and moved! :P

• Like 3

Hard to believe how he has come back from very, very serious injuries. Missed over a full year of his career and has umpteen other broken limbs. They are a special breed speedway riders (or stupid) ;)

does'nt seem to have too much luck,,, 'a mackem and sent to Coventry',,, poor bugger :-(

• Like 1

does'nt seem to have too much luck,,, 'a mackem and sent to Coventry',,, poor bugger :-(

HaHa - he could have been a 'Geordie' so it's not as bad as it seems. :wink::nono::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by The White Knight

Robbo safe & sound - thanks for the pleasure of watching him in a Hammers jacket once again

Yeah, one of the downsides of this Fast Track stuff is riders of Robbo's calibre are losing out on EL berths. He said on Sunday when interviewed post meeting that he was short on rides. Hopefully his performance in front of the cameras will net him further rides elsewhere.

• Like 2

I remember Stu flying over the Brough 4th bend fence a few years ago. A horror story crash but he survived and still has a blast on occasions around the outside on that bend, such is his confidence in himself. 2014 and he is riding well. Certainly one of the best ever Newcastle riders like Tom and Joe Owen before him.

I hope Robbo continues for a while yet before hanging up his kevlars and I don't care if he is a mackem

• Like 1

I remember Stu flying over the Brough 4th bend fence a few years ago. A horror story crash but he survived and still has a blast on occasions around the outside on that bend, such is his confidence in himself. 2014 and he is riding well. Certainly one of the best ever Newcastle riders like Tom and Joe Owen before him.

I hope Robbo continues for a while yet before hanging up his kevlars and I don't care if he is a mackem

Yes would you believe though it is now 11 years ago since that horror coming together with Stuy and David Ruud, I even have the match somewhere!!