British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Belle Vue V Lakeside 9/6/14

What was up with Zagar tonight? Very weird from start to finish and gave some very odd interviews.

Kelvin Classic!

'He had both feet off the handlebars there'

This guy is hilarious! PK Didnt even move!

There was minmal movement from PK but, elsewhere, someone has said Scotty was looking right (towards Gate 4) - I didn't record it so cannot check. If it is true, what the hell is Tatum talking about?

What was up with Zagar tonight? Very weird from start to finish and gave some very odd interviews.

Tonight? He's always like that! It's part of his "unique charm" ;)
  • Like 1

There was minmal movement from PK but, elsewhere, someone has said Scotty was looking right (towards Gate 4) - I didn't record it so cannot check. If it is true, what the hell is Tatum talking about?

I also thought he was looking away from PK but I can't be absolutely certain - it'd be great if someone can confirm it.

• Like 1

Glad I went for Lakeside on the +2 handicap, just snuck in there! As for the meeting itself, I enjoyed it as a neutral, made all the better once Zagar stopped messing around and showed what he can do, such a stylish rider to watch and a brilliant swoop around the outside in Heat 15. Schlein's blast around the outside to beat Steady was a cracking ride too, very intelligent ride to build his speed up like that, just goes to show Belle Vue's not a bad track when ridden with some thought. Bet the Rooboy felt a bit daft after that fall though after his giggle at Zagar in Heat 1.

Sky seemed to be anti Hammers tonight for some reason or maybe i am just being paranoid? anyway typical show from them, always going on about the weather then making no effort to get the meeting through with heat 15 being completed right on the two hour mark, clearly have not learnt a thing from the recent rain affected meetings.

• Like 1

Sky seemed to be anti Hammers tonight for some reason or maybe i am just being paranoid? anyway typical show from them, always going on about the weather then making no effort to get the meeting through with heat 15 being completed right on the two hour mark, clearly have not learnt a thing from the recent rain affected meetings.

Pretty much par for the course I'm afraid - no you are not being paranoid.

I also thought he was looking away from PK but I can't be absolutely certain - it'd be great if someone can confirm it.

Definitely looking right, towards Gate 4, during the entire time. So unless Nicholls can see out his arse (albeit Pearson & Tatum believe the sun shines out of it) then there is NO WAY he saw PK move (all of a centimetre I should add).

What Tatum has basically alluded to is that the most respected rider in our sport is a cheat.

If I was PK, when Sky next show their faces at Lakeside, I'd have Tatum on that accusation face to face.

Despicable comment from a supposedly 'unbiased' professional commentator!

• Like 1

Nicholls wasn't looking left or right, he was looking at the tapes directly in front of him.

So it is possible he saw PK out of the corner of his eye, and PK did move.

• Like 1

Definitely looking right, towards Gate 4, during the entire time. So unless Nicholls can see out his arse (albeit Pearson & Tatum believe the sun shines out of it) then there is NO WAY he saw PK move (all of a centimetre I should add).

What Tatum has basically alluded to is that the most respected rider in our sport is a cheat.

If I was PK, when Sky next show their faces at Lakeside, I'd have Tatum on that accusation face to face.

Despicable comment from a supposedly 'unbiased' professional commentator!

He didnt call him a cheat. He suggested that PKs movement may have been a factor. "may" have been a "factor" not it was the sole reason or that PK had done it to sucker Scott in.

Just a quick word about the weather because I doubt if you could see the black clouds behind the main stand. Driving home, the M60 & M62 had both had a soaking so it just missed the stadium.

After that rubbish at Leicester on Saturday, my faith has been restored by this cracking meeting :approve: I was even enjoying it before heat 8 and when others were complaining - it must be because the riders don't often get strung out at Kirky Lane and it was clearly going to the wire.

Zagar was imperious, Stead, Schlein and Robson full value and Palm Toft really punches above his weight. From making up the numbers he's put nearly two points on his average and simply doesn't know when he is beaten.

That's the second high quality meeting I have seen at Belle Vue this season and, at about 30 minutes from my home, I am genuinely considering buying a season ticket in 2015.

• Like 2

Nicholls wasn't looking left or right, he was looking at the tapes directly in front of him.

So it is possible he saw PK out of the corner of his eye, and PK did move.

No. He honestly wasn't.

I was specifically watching Nicholls to see if he could trap again out of Gate 2.

He was definitely, beyond any doubt whatsoever, looking towards his RIGHT during the entire time.

Edited by The Voice Of Reason

Thanks to ABS I broke even by putting £1.50 on the draw but those idiots, laughing boy in particular, cost me a free night at Belle Vue.

Not happy.

I did Lakeside +2.5 and +4, so a good night. Like you, not happy, really wanted a 4-2 in heat 15.