British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spittalbandit

Glasgow V Berwick Mon 9th June

couldnt see a thread. anyone know who Berwick using for matej kus tonight.

Apoligies if duplicated thread

Don't know what either team is tonight, meaningless match but with all our rain offs, will be good to see some racing and get some track time for our boys

Edited by dorothy58

couldnt see a thread. anyone know who Berwick using for matej kus tonight.

Apoligies if duplicated thread

I am led to believe Ryan Macdonald for Kus

I am led to believe Ryan Macdonald for Kus

Makes sense No disrespect to Ryan but what point of a club booking in an expensive guest for meeting that it pointless in terms of the section?

• Like 1

I see Anders is down to ride in SEC in Debrecen today to replace those at Berwick in the GP qualifier. That us R/R for Theo NL guest for Anders? Does anyone know who is in for Dimitri ?

I see Anders is down to ride in SEC in Debrecen today to replace those at Berwick in the GP qualifier. That us R/R for Theo NL guest for Anders? Does anyone know who is in for Dimitri ?

Think it is Andre Compton

Its a guest and R/R fest at Glasgow tonight.

Meeting off.

Reluctantly, given the fixture backlog we already have, tonight’s outstanding League Cup tie Vs Berwick has been called off due to the rain-fall already delivered and forecast between now and start time.

No restaging date has yet been agreed. Next meeting at Ashfield will be this coming Sunday (15th June) in the deciding leg of our Knock Out Cup, 1st Round tie, against Rye House.

Taken from Glasgow site on Twitter.

Makes sense No disrespect to Ryan but what point of a club booking in an expensive guest for meeting that it pointless in terms of the section?

I'd put it the other way round and applaud clubs who are giving a local youngster a go when needing an NL guest. i know its academic now. Ryan has come on leaps and bounds though in the last year or so and although he still has a fair bit to go the guest bookings he has got so far this season from clubs traveling north (he's had a couple of outings at Edinburgh) can only help. He's learning all the time which is good to see and keen as mustard

• Like 2

I'd put it the other way round and applaud clubs who are giving a local youngster a go when needing an NL guest. i know its academic now. Ryan has come on leaps and bounds though in the last year or so and although he still has a fair bit to go the guest bookings he has got so far this season from clubs traveling north (he's had a couple of outings at Edinburgh) can only help. He's learning all the time which is good to see and keen as mustard

I may be the one who has misunderstood but I thought he was hinting that he was pleased that we would have been using a junior rather than giving the booking to someone more experienced!

No we read it the same way, its probably me in the way I have worded it. I meant I agreed that its good Berwick (and others) have gone down this route and I would emphasise the praise to the clubs rather than the no disrespct bit. Basically Im agreeing but wording it very badly! lol

• Like 1

With the fixture backlog for Glasgow interesting comments on facebook from George Barclay saying double headers are a no go but riding a Sunday/Monday night will happen. Would have thought double headers would cost less than running on two seperate nights?

He also says if only they had floodlights. I thought Glasgow bought floodlights for when then wanted Friday night speedway?

With the fixture backlog for Glasgow interesting comments on facebook from George Barclay saying double headers are a no go but riding a Sunday/Monday night will happen. Would have thought double headers would cost less than running on two seperate nights?

He also says if only they had floodlights. I thought Glasgow bought floodlights for when then wanted Friday night speedway?

Agreed . Surely when Berwick are up on League business it would make sense to run this meaningless meeting alongside it as a double header . I think the Friday night thing was quashed by the BSPA before we actually got round to purchasing the floodlights .

Agreed . Surely when Berwick are up on League business it would make sense to run this meaningless meeting alongside it as a double header . I think the Friday night thing was quashed by the BSPA before we actually got round to purchasing the floodlights .

That's far too sensible,why not just forget about the meaningless fixture and save some money at the same time.
  • Like 1

That's far too sensible,why not just forget about the meaningless fixture and save some money at the same time.

Think the riders might object to the loss of a payday though

Think the riders might object to the loss of a payday though

Judging by the the crowds they attract give them a set amount of money each and maybe the clubs losses on the day may not be as much as if they had raced.