British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pointsmeanplayoffs

King's Lynn Stars V Wolverhampton Wolves - Wed June 11

At Lynn NKI ( World number 3) has had a few duff meetings recently. Do you see any Lynn fans getting on his back ? Sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for. IF, ( crazy I know) Wolves were to get shot of Woffy, do the Wolves fans think there is a queue of riders just waiting to take his place ? Cos not, But I would bet there would be a queue of clubs begging Woffy to join them.

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

I've just read the Wolves own web-site, saying: ' World champion and skipper Tai Woffinden gave another below-par score for Parrys International Wolves. ' What a load of rubbish. He don't deserve comments like that, especially from his own club. His performance was far better then the 6 +2 he was accredited with. In two of his 5 races he help Pawlicki score big points, and he met home side star rider Niels in 3 of his 5 rides. There's no need to feel bad being beaten by Niels, He's pretty special around Norfolk Arena.

Whichever way you dress it up 6+2 is 'below par' for the World Champion and a rider who finished top of the averages last year. I have no doubt he gave 100% but his score was lower than you would expect, as all four of his returns at Lynn have been this year. Hope he can raise his game for the SWC!

Edited by Gordon Bennett

I will just leave it there with all respect it is actually getting a bit silly now :t:

unfortunately i doubt it is the last time you will have a snipe at Woffy and Wolves.

Lets hope it is tho.

So let's get this right tai is no good in the uk anymore ? And tai is rude to fans now ?..... What utter nonsense you people have such short memories as for been rude think that's a one off met many people who would say quite the opposite.....

If you do want to get rid of him send him down perry barr we'd appreciate him there...

Think its only other teams fans who think we should get rid. Not a cat in hells chance of that happening thank god.

The reason we don't give Iversen stick is because Lynn are performing as a team at the mo; if Iversen has an off night, someone else seems to picks up the points. As we are a team and have great team spirit, we aren't hugely reliant on one member of the team as other clubs seemingly are

• Like 1

Privilege you are joking? over the years i have found 99 per cent of the riders great anyway in this respect.Supporters are the bread and butter so they need to considered especially the young uns.As for Woffy if he completes his rides i will be having a punt that he drops no more than two points tonight at the Abbey.

Yes, it is a privilege to get an autograph/photo from a rider, not a right.

You are quite correct, 99% of the times riders are great in this regard, however there will be times when asking them for an autograph or a photo is not ideal, unfortunately some fans simply don't realise or accept this.

I used to get autographs every week when I was younger, particularly from riders like Sam Ermolenko, Ronnie Correy etc. I never had a problem with them at anytime BUT even as a kid I wouldn't intrude upon them. If they were involved in a conversation at the time I wouldn't jam a photo in front of them or ask for a photo which I see some fans do.

There's a discussion in a facebook group at the moment where someone has whinged that Darcy Ward didn't give their kid the attention he wanted stating although he signed their photo he carried on talking to other people.. case in point. If he's talking to other people, what are you doing interrupting asking for an autograph. These things work both ways. Have some respect and some manners.

Speedway riders get taken for granted. The fact that 99% of the time they stop and sign things means on the rare occasion they don't folk get the hump about it.

Now with regards to Woffinden, it seems he went straight to sit in his chair in the pits, this suggests he's already changed and ready to race? In which case I wouldn't be asking for his autograph at that point, He's having a rough patch in England and likely wanted to get focused on the job ahead. It's all well and good saying it only takes 2 mins, 30 seconds, but you stop to sign one at that point, there will be another and another and another.. It's mentioned above he was seen signing a lot of autographs last night so the key here is, choose the right time.

• Like 4

Woffinden is a rider i admire and we should make the most of when he is about a terrific rider and ambassador.If he read? some of this garbage written would he not think is Britain really worth the hassle? We should make the most of when these riders are about there are not many now on view in Britain as for that clown who wrote that on the website he should be hung up to dry.

Yes, it is a privilege to get an autograph/photo from a rider, not a right.

You are quite correct, 99% of the times riders are great in this regard, however there will be times when asking them for an autograph or a photo is not ideal, unfortunately some fans simply don't realise or accept this.

I used to get autographs every week when I was younger, particularly from riders like Sam Ermolenko, Ronnie Correy etc. I never had a problem with them at anytime BUT even as a kid I wouldn't intrude upon them. If they were involved in a conversation at the time I wouldn't jam a photo in front of them or ask for a photo which I see some fans do.

There's a discussion in a facebook group at the moment where someone has whinged that Darcy Ward didn't give their kid the attention he wanted stating although he signed their photo he carried on talking to other people.. case in point. If he's talking to other people, what are you doing interrupting asking for an autograph. These things work both ways. Have some respect and some manners.

Speedway riders get taken for granted. The fact that 99% of the time they stop and sign things means on the rare occasion they don't folk get the hump about it.

Now with regards to Woffinden, it seems he went straight to sit in his chair in the pits, this suggests he's already changed and ready to race? In which case I wouldn't be asking for his autograph at that point, He's having a rough patch in England and likely wanted to get focused on the job ahead. It's all well and good saying it only takes 2 mins, 30 seconds, but you stop to sign one at that point, there will be another and another and another.. It's mentioned above he was seen signing a lot of autographs last night so the key here is, choose the right time.

Good post Witcher yes you are correct how many did he sign last night endless amounts i expect that does not get mentioned.I really feel sorry for the young lad who missed out one of those isolated incidents i suppose.My point about autographs are that my son plays pro football in Sweden, and he says he pinches himself everyday that he is able to do something he loves and gets paid for it.For him though he is no superstar the supporters come first everytime they have to without them the sport would be nothing. Edited by sidney

In Sweden in a Home meeting on Tuesday Tai faced:

Nicki Pedersen x2

Kylmakorpi x 2

MJJ x 2

Dudek x 1

Aspegren x1

In the UK, away from home to the League leaders he faced:

Iversen x 3

Schlein x 3

Bjerre x 2

Porsing x 1

Lambert x 1

Looking at that, I'm not surprised he scored more in Sweden to be honest. Not a great deal of difference in the quality of his opposition, despite the constant wittering of some about the quality of the EL.

• Like 4

Im not so sure. Now Cov have signed MJJ, I think it has kind of even things up

Edited by semion

In Sweden in a Home meeting on Tuesday Tai faced:

Nicki Pedersen x2

Kylmakorpi x 2

MJJ x 2

Dudek x 1

Aspegren x1

In the UK, away from home to the League leaders he faced:

Iversen x 3

Schlein x 3

Bjerre x 2

Porsing x 1

Lambert x 1

Looking at that, I'm not surprised he scored more in Sweden to be honest. Not a great deal of difference in the quality of his opposition, despite the constant wittering of some about the quality of the EL.

it's just not one meeting thou ....the bottom line is we have a world champ with a 7.97 average .

• Like 1

I just feel that if Woffy was to leave Wolves on good terms and that Wolverhampton would bring back Fast Freddie then it would be good for all parties.

Gater1

Yet again i ask are you a Wolves fan and why are you so interested what they should do or not do?

Freddie wants a season out of British Speedway, end of.

If you think its that simple to click your fingers and make changes happen then i don't know why i bother discussing it.

Freddie, like Holder, wont have his bikes based here so IF that was to happen he will struggle for his usual Fast Freddie form.

You seem to think the answer is simple. It isnt.

In the real world most WOLVES fans are behind Woffy despite the moaning`s of the few.

Will The Wolves fans moan when it comes tio team building next season and they have Wuffy on under 8 ? Wolves have some very talented riders in Wuffy and now Pawlicki, that boy is a joy to watch. Once Proctor and Wells show their true form, things will pick up at Molineux

Will The Wolves fans moan when it comes tio team building next season and they have Wuffy on under 8 ? Wolves have some very talented riders in Wuffy and now Pawlicki, that boy is a joy to watch. Once Proctor and Wells show their true form, things will pick up at Molineux

At Monmore you mean!

No Wolves are now a Championship team and will have the great honour of visiting mecca's such as Carrow Road next season. :rofl:

Edited by semion