British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Adder

Swindon V Wolves 12/06/2014

So if not a quitter, then how did he manage to leave Swindon for Coventry for the 2010 season ?

Happy days

I had believed that Kildemand and Morris were also "his riders" - well he done something to upset them both for the scores they rewarding him with at present.

So Kildemand having a bad meeting is all Roscos fault? Even a few bad meeting, all Roscos fault? So I guess Peter Adams is crap because Waoffy has been crap all year and Middlo is crap because Holder had more bad than good meetings? And Vatcher should quit because PK has dropped a point and a half off his average.

As for Nick Morris, he's having an awesome season tbf to him. Signed on a sub 6 point average as a heatleader and now averaging about 6.5. He's doing far better than anyone could have predicted. Don't forget he no longer gets to rider against reserves and only twice against second strings. He's never even had the chance to ride as a heatleader in the old, easier format so fair play to him and thus Rosco for showing faith in him and getting the best out of him as he's not exactly having a great season for Somerset.

An awful second half of the meeting for Swindon.

PK did well in his first two rides but then had issues in the last two, his scores seem to have been going down recently since the start of his meetings in Denmark and Sweden.

Bellego was an awful guest.

Simon was the best of the Swindon riders and has improved over the past few weeks. Very good night with 4 wins.

Steve did ok apart from the heats at the end where he was asleep at the gate.

Nathan had his best night so far this season and is still trying to get his bikes sorted.

Nick is doing all that is expected of him in a heat leader role.

Wolves came back, starting with the 8-1 in heat 10 followed by two 5-1s in 12 and 13 with our riders slow away from the gate in the later part of the meeting.

A good win for Wolves.

Edited by A ORLOV

How nice to have gained so many new Swindon fans lately, even though their posts have a familiar ring about them. :lol::lol:

• Like 2

Of course Woffy did do his job 7+1 on a 7.97 average so tonight it is job well done and yes from 1-7 every rider chipped in.

Strange that, previous night at Lynn, Woffy scored 6+2 and was pillared by all and sundry, for a sub par performance, a night later at Swindon , he scores 7+1 and done a good job. Please explain to me the difference .

Another home defeat for Swindon, I wait and see, who Rosco will publically criticise next ..........

• Like 1

There is a lot of sh1te posted on here.

People questioning Rosco are idiots. League winners and play off semi finalists in last 2 years.

Questioning Killer is stupid. 4 point reserve to 8.50 number 1 in 2 years. Every number 1 in the league is having a dodgy meeting or 2 this year. The bloke is class. Let me guess. Eddie Kennett in as a replacement.

Morris has upped his average when his set of rides is a lot harder this year.

We were stitched up by the stupid draft thing when Bates joined Sheffield and that cost us. Not gonna be our year. So what. Who else except for Poole is up there every year.

• Like 1

Yet again such a stupid and child like comment when the bloke got a great record based just on those things.

So it's ok to praise him for the successes, but not to criticise for the obvious failures?

Tai was clearly down on power all evening...wonder what bike(s) he had available...He had to work damn hard for the points he did get..thought the crowd looked about 2k...

So it's ok to praise him for the successes, but not to criticise for the obvious failures?

What obvious failures are those? He's not riding the bikes!!! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I think a fair test of Rosco's Motivational skills will be the World team Cup. If he gets Team GB through then he can be considered as cut above previous RECENT managers. If not he is in the mix with the rest who have failed. To be fair. he has the World Champ, Grand Prix rider now coming into form, the pick of X number of up and coming riders, so he has a better chance than the others had.

So Kildemand having a bad meeting is all Roscos fault? Even a few bad meeting, all Roscos fault? So I guess Peter Adams is crap because Waoffy has been crap all year and Middlo is crap because Holder had more bad than good meetings? And Vatcher should quit because PK has dropped a point and a half off his average.

As for Nick Morris, he's having an awesome season tbf to him. Signed on a sub 6 point average as a heatleader and now averaging about 6.5. He's doing far better than anyone could have predicted. Don't forget he no longer gets to rider against reserves and only twice against second strings. He's never even had the chance to ride as a heatleader in the old, easier format so fair play to him and thus Rosco for showing faith in him and getting the best out of him as he's not exactly having a great season for Somerset.

Very good post

• Like 1

Gater1 mentioned about £17 being too much to see a team lose, well it's too much to see your team win as well because people go to speedway hoping more than expecting a win, they do expect and have the right to expect to see some entertaining action though and that was not provided last night and all too often it's the case at other tracks.

• Like 3

What obvious failures ? someone who lives about 200 miles away and i trust have never been in the Swindon pits this year has said the team spirit is bad nor sure what that is based on and so far i have not seen any examples put forward ...so bearing that in mind it's not obvious .

Swindon have not put a good enough side together this year and are getting beat it's as simple as that

• Like 1

Didn`t think little Pawlicki would do much at the beginning of the season but he`s turned out to be a really good signing its a pity Tai`s not firing on all four cylinders at the moment.

Didn`t think little Pawlicki would do much at the beginning of the season but he`s turned out to be a really good signing its a pity Tai`s not firing on all four cylinders at the moment.

What made you think he would be a failure? for me he is the best young talent around in the world.Also before the meeting last night see him before the start he seems a real chirpy chappie seems to be enjoying his speedway over here. Edited by sidney
  • Like 1

What obvious failures ? someone who lives about 200 miles away and i trust have never been in the Swindon pits this year has said the team spirit is bad nor sure what that is based on and so far i have not seen any examples put forward ...so bearing that in mind it's not obvious .

It's based on my observations of team mates fighting each other for position on track, presumably because they haven't spoken before the meeting/race. The lack of team riding. I've not seen any sign of riders greeting team mates on their return to the pits after a good race etc.

Now I may well have missed all of the above cos you are right, I've not been near the Swindon pits but I have seen examples of all of the above from every other team I've seen this season. That lead me to my conclusion.

Incidentally I haven't seen you put forward any examples of good team spirit :wink: