British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shadders

Rye House V Glasgow (knock Out Cup) 14th June @7pm

Up against Colombia v Greece & Uruguay v Costa Rica as well as the Swedish GP.

Interest at Rye House is waining fast, so only die hards and people with little else to do will be in attendance. At least the weather is looking good.

Edited by Shadders

With glasgow due at the launch pad next saturday as well, as shads said, one for the die hards. Which i will be one of them!

• Like 1

would hazard a guess at needing a 10-15 lead to take to the new Country!

A double figure lead at the very least is required. Rockets will be without Matt Tres, who is riding grasstrack, Ben Morley deputising. I assume Stefan Nielsen will take his place at reserve.

Glasgow have Andre Compton guesting for the injured Dimitri Berge and James Sarjeant in for Kasper Lykke who is on U21 duty.

In previous years this would've been a routine 20 point win, but the way things are going this year I'm not so confident. Track won't hold much moisture in the warm weather, so gating will be even more important.

Too close to call

*edit*

Ben Morley in the main body of the team and Andre Compton at reserve puts a whole new perspective on this match. I can see Glasgow keeping it very close, maybe even sneaking an away win. The misery continues.

Edited by Shadders

Interest at Rye House is waining fast, so only die hards and people with little else to do will be in attendance. At least the weather is looking good.

GP not being broadcast live. Instead, the whole recording will be shown at 8.30am on Sunday morning then highlights at 9.30pm.

GP not being broadcast live. Instead, the whole recording will be shown at 8.30am on Sunday morning then highlights at 9.30pm.

It's being broadcast live on Quest, Sky channel 167. Also on free view Edited by Shadders

As has already been stated, very difficult to call. We could either be basking in the evening sunshine, enjoying a delicious portion of fish and chips watching the team roar to a convincing 20 point victory and then off home to watch the GP which was recording while we were out. Or we could be sweltering in the oppressive heat, getting bitten to buggery by the midges, reminiscing on how good the fish and chips used to be, watching the team get another tonking and wishing we had stayed at home and watched the GP.

Edited by Oafski
  • Like 3

We have been pretty poor so far this season , so meeting could go either way, at least you dont have to meet the Monarchs 4 times in the league this season :o

We have been pretty poor so far this season , so meeting could go either way, at least you dont have to meet the Monarchs 4 times in the league this season :o

We have Somerset four times. That's just as bad
  • Like 1

Will make it as far as the Rye pub for about 6pm, then depending on mood will walk round to track maybe. The days of nothing gets in the way of Saturday night speedway are long gone I am afraid.

Apathy rules....... when I can be bothered ))

• Like 3

Check G.P. thread. It's even on cooncil telly. :t::cheers:

• Like 1

Do what I did in The Black & Gold, turned the footie off and put on a speedway DVD

Interest at Rye House is waning fast, so only die hards and people with little else to do will be in attendance.

Plus there will always be a few pikeys who take there kids Rye House soley to play in the sandpit in front of the stand...! :t:

• Like 1

Do what I did in The Black & Gold, turned the footie off and put on a speedway DVD

Try that after a Berwick Rangers match and see how far they shove that speedway DVD up your ar$e