British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Crump99

Panthers V Workington (lcsf) Tues 17/6/14

howarth out...................... who knows

ash out ..... . deffo

wells............. neednt be there

bach.................................... maybe his night, but doubt it

but we are still gonna win. against the so called top 5 in the pl..L.O.L.book a second ambulance .. NOW.....

who will fisher fence tonight.. drop aline on this thread... .. come on wucky.... more lols

• Like 1

A good performance from the boys to night what happened to campton he let us down . A big thank you to lawson and Poole for them doing the job .

one has to be r/r though under current rules.6 would be a decent effort though!

Could happen in the EL. Leicester will come close in the next couple of weeks.

Leicester once rode with 6 guests, back in the 1970s - I think Doug Underwood was the only regular Lion to appear.

A good performance from the boys to night what happened to campton he let us down . A big thank you to lawson and Poole for them doing the job .

personaly i think howarth let us down a rider who rolls round in pain like he did saturday was never gonna be fit enough to ride 3 days later

Decent meeting at EoES, Peterborough will probably look at this as a missed opportunity, especially with Howarth only lasting a couple of laps into his return, though you must question the decision to let him ride in the first place. Workington's efforts are all the more remarkable when you think that the Comets had only one rider in Hts 7 & 10. Lawson was real class at his former home, and was well back up by Wells who was the rider out on his own twice when Workington had only one rider. Taylor Poole was the enigma he is, looked ok in his first ride, before putting in two zero`s, then winning his fourth ride in fine style.

I was interested to see how Nicki Barrett got on, his debut was steady if unspectacular, winning his first ride in fine style before tailing off.

P.S Can someone return the second half of the National Anthem, I had only got to my feet and taking off my cap when it was all over, but as with last year it was another happy trip to Peterborough Speedway.

Edited by screm
  • Like 1

Thoroughly enjoyed the meeting. Fantastic heat 4 between Baby and Rene Bach, and passing in quite a few heats. Even the races without overtaking were close run affairs. A wry smile when I heard two guys saying it was a dull gate and go meeting. Obviously never been to Leicester!

P.S Can someone return the second half of the National Anthem, I had only got to my feet and taking off my cap when it was all over, but as with last year it was another happy trip to Peterborough Speedway.

or alternatively lose the first half as well!

• Like 2

PETERBOROUGH VERY LUCKY TO GET THAT WIN.. IF MR HOWARTH HAD TURNED UP, PANTERS WOULD HAVE BEEN IN TROUBLE.. oops caps again. sorry

PETERBOROUGH VERY LUCKY TO GET THAT WIN.. IF MR HOWARTH HAD TURNED UP, PANTERS WOULD HAVE BEEN IN TROUBLE.. oops caps again. sorry

He turned up alright. He then apparently withdrew from the meeting without telling anyone.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

He turned up alright. He then apparently withdrew from the meeting without telling anyone.

Not so sure about that, the centre green announcer, who was presenting from the pits through out, announced Howarth`s withdrawal soon after he returned from his first ride.

Edited by screm
  • Like 1

Workington's efforts are all the more remarkable when you think that the Comets had y if unspectacto run with only one rider in Hts 7 & 10.

For those of us whose first language is English, . . . .

Not so sure about that, the centre green announcer, who was presenting from the pits threw out, announced Howarth`s withdrawal soon after he returned from his first ride.

Threw out? I guess that's predictive text for throughout? Edited by Midland Red

Not so sure about that, the centre green announcer, who was presenting from the pits threw out, announced Howarth`s withdrawal soon after he returned from his first ride.

That's true, Screm, but didn't he also say that he has gone missing and there had been a hunt for him ?

I took it that the Comets had not been allowed to use reserves simply because he had ruled himself out, rather than being ruled out by the track doctor.

Bizarre.

Did he disappear to avoid the meeting being abandoned if they had had to kill his pain and take him to hospital?

• Like 1

That's true, Screm, but didn't he also say that he has gone missing and there had been a hunt for him ?

I took it that the Comets had not been allowed to use reserves simply because he had ruled himself out, rather than being ruled out by the track doctor.

They could not use reserves because he withdrew from the meeting by an injury not caused during the meeting itself. He was seen by medical staff. Edited by Noodles
  • Like 1