British Speedway Forum

Without Nicki P, the GP's would have a major hole in them, there isn't one rider in the world, who pushes things to the edge as him, and goes for moves that not many riders would. Most of the time, they come off, but when they don't, then that's when people pipe up.

I'd rather have 7 Nicki's in my team though, who gives 110%, and is box office, rather than 7 dull riders

• Like 1

The BSF debate treadmill is beginning to trundle on again! No wonder promoters don't take the BSF seriously.

Debate? What they posted is all fact.

I am generally a Niki fan. I think he gets a hard rap for his hard riding in the GPs where it is the World Championship, you have to ride hard. However last night was totally out of order. He went for a non-existent gap, which you can give him the benefit of doubt for. However his actions on the track post crash and in the pits in kicking and goading was totally inappropriate.

Edited by Marmite
  • Like 3

Let's be honest - controversy and punch ups are box office.

Thank goodness for Nicki Pedersen.

If all riders were like Greg Hancock, the terraces would be empty and speedway would be finished.

• Like 1

Let's be honest - controversy and punch ups are box office.

Thank goodness for Nicki Pedersen.

If all riders were like Greg Hancock, the terraces would be empty and speedway would be finished.

Absolutely right. People will pay to watch him. Must be horrible to work for, to ride with or against, but an entertainer

I'll come on here and slag off Nicki until the cows come home. But please, don't ban him and please Nicki, never retire :D

As for last night, the actual speedway incident was pretty tame by Nickis standards. But he did make himself look silly kicking out and racing off like that.

There is no doubt that Nicki is a bit of a knob, but he is a great entertainer too..

Apparently the Aussie Brains Trust (Noddy and Darcy) cant stand him..

A bit of a shame that Matej Z didn't do a better job on Saturday, but it made me and the remaining few I speak to about speedway laugh out loud.. :t:

There is no doubt that Nicki is a bit of a knob, but he is a great entertainer too..

Apparently the Aussie Brains Trust (Noddy and Darcy) cant stand him..

A bit of a shame that Matej Z didn't do a better job on Saturday, but it made me and the remaining few I speak to about speedway laugh out loud.. :t:

Blooming heck that made me laugh

What Nicki did was wrong and he should have held is hands up and acknowledge it. Then most people would respect him a bit more. I like Nicki he gives 100%. We need riders who get people talking about our sport. I got some of my non speedway pals to have a look at the GP for the first time on Saturday before the footie and that incident they loved. The comment was he should have chinned him. I said this is not football we are more refined than that lol.

The problem is that he will hurt someone in a bad way soon - or he runs the risk of the others starting to say enough is enough & they all start putting it on him & he'll end up in a bad way.

I very much agree that he's great to watch, but he's guilty of this kind of incident time & again & enough is enough before someone's seriously hurt.

• Like 2

Shame on anyone who would rather have Pedersen over Hancock.

Greg is more talented than Pedersen imo without having to resort to dirty tactics.

I personally wouldn't cross the road to watch Pedersen for what it's worth.

I actually get a bit bored with Pedersen as he can't take it back after dishing it out. All the fella does is slide off when he gets touched with his arms a loft...the speedway version of diving.

In football terminology, he'd be a Robbie Savage as opposed to a Roy Keane

• Like 1

So what the prat did was ok. What planet are you on Gustix.

You miss the point. I have not given any opinion either way on the Nicki Pedersen-Matej Zagar incident. I was more reflecting on some of the outrageous comments being posted on here. And I have been on 'Planet Speedway" since April 1946 as a spectator!

Edited by Guest

Shame on anyone who would rather have Pedersen over Hancock.

Greg is more talented than Pedersen imo without having to resort to dirty tactics.

I personally wouldn't cross the road to watch Pedersen for what it's worth.

I actually get a bit bored with Pedersen as he can't take it back after dishing it out. All the fella does is slide off when he gets touched with his arms a loft...the speedway version of diving.

In football terminology, he'd be a Robbie Savage as opposed to a Roy Keane

Roy Keane? Not the best choice my friend.

• Like 1

As much as I dislike Perdesen's antics and his down right dirty, unfair and unsafe moves at times, the GP's will be worse off when he packs up. The guy is totally box office and you can guarantee entertainment when he's around. As a person I cannot stand him, as a speedway rider and entertainer he is fantastic!

For what it's worth, Zagar is as much of a Pratt as Nicki but totally agree with why he kicked off, was a silly and un-necessary pass he tried to make which could of caused serious injury. Made for great entertainment too!

No amount of "entertainment" is worth the risk he places on other riders. One day he will go for a gap that doesn't exist and another innocent rider will end up spending the rest of his life in a wheelchair, or worse. I'm sure you'd all be calling him "totally box office" when that happens.

• Like 2