British Speedway Forum

I,m going to the next two GP Copenhagen and Cardiff am already excited about both meetings this is building nicely - great publicity to sell tickets .

• Like 1

I,m going to the next two GP Copenhagen and Cardiff am already excited about both meetings this is building nicely - great publicity to sell tickets .

Totally agree nicki puts bums on seats , as did briggo, fundin ,mauger, etc what worries me is who will replace nicki when he retires, the vast majority of riders are gating tarts, imagine a gp series with 16 bjarne pedersons no thanks
  • Like 1

How anyone can defend Pedersen is beyond me. It's not as if incidents involving him taking other riders off are rare, is it is quite commonplace. He has scant regard for anyone's safety and even when clearly in the wrong seems to feel its all someone else's fault.

The incident with Zagar on Saturday was just another in a long line of examples highlighting the issue. There was no gap to go through, so he tried to create his own and totalled Zagar in the process. What struck me was he got up, went to sort his bike out and wouldn't have thought any more of it had Zagar not confronted him. No apology or concern for the well being of the man he has just cleaned up. It's fair to say that Zagar should not have raised his hands to Pedersen, but correct me if I'm wrong Pedersen was still wearing a helmet, so I think he was always going to be ok, whereas kicking Zagar whilst still wearing your steel shoe was bang out of order and this along with his then racing off to hide behind his pit crew, tells you everything you need to know about Pedersen.

Can't deny his ability and bravery on a bike, but as a human being he doesn't have a great deal going from him.

• Like 2

When wolves signed him from Newcastle he would fence his team mates regularly hence why he never done a second season.

He has always been dirty and you cannot blame youthful exubriance now. He fenced Hancock at a gp years ago and gollob fenced him in the rerun to a massive cheer.

What's most disturbing is his attitude to zagar after the incident. Not seeing how he was and then kicking him on track. And then goading him in the pits was disgusting behaviour.

Conveniently missing out the fact that Zagar was the one who initiated the 'violence'.

I think its safe to say that Zagar is 'ok' when he's trying to slap you.

As for the crash, they were level down the straight, Nicki enters the turn with his front wheel over the white line, he couldn't go anywhere else. Zagar could. Zagar chose to try and block him.

I've always liked Nicki P on track. Wild in his early years, daring after that, but with his increasing years he has become more calculating and hard ( I won't say dirty cos I'm not a rider so don't have the expertise to make that judgement). However the number of instances of him being involved in incidents does seem to have increased with age. It would seem that he does not have the respect of many of his fellow riders.

Maybe it's time for stewards at GP meetings who are ex-riders, something along the lines of F1 (not too sure how it works). Riders know if a move was dangerous as opposed to an accident caused by a combination of circumstances.

What annoyed me most about Saturday was the kick by Nicki, complete with steel shoe which could have done damage had it connected. The Zagar slap at Nickis helmet and the handbags in the pits afterwards were pure box office and BSI must have been rubbing their hands with glee.

Nicki said on twitter that he did say sorry, but so far has not answered my query as to whether that was before or after he kicked Zagar :P

It will be a sad day when Nicki quits the GPs, he is one of the few characters left in the sport.

Edited by Star Lady

Without Nicki P, the GP's would have a major hole in them, there isn't one rider in the world, who pushes things to the edge as him, and goes for moves that not many riders would. Most of the time, they come off, but when they don't, then that's when people pipe up.

I'd rather have 7 Nicki's in my team though, who gives 110%, and is box office, rather than 7 dull riders

Totally agree,Id rather watch Nicki P than that moster Joe fella and his bunch of mates hes has bought with a few fancy Helmets!!!

Totally agree nicki puts bums on seats , as did briggo, fundin ,mauger, etc what worries me is who will replace nicki when he retires, the vast majority of riders are gating tarts, imagine a gp series with 16 bjarne pedersons no thanks

Woffinden, Holder, Ward, Iverson, Sayfutdinov, Zagar gating tarts? You really have to be kidding, have you watched any GP's in the past few years?

• Like 3

Sorry matej your a wuss, you dont go up to the likes of pedersen and wave a finger at him, he'll just laugh at you. The following link shows you what to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYbMzqo0QqI

• Like 2

pedersons an amazing rider. but kicking someone and running off to stand behind the pit crew is the act of a coward in my opinion. stick to being the brilliant rider you are nicki. :nono:

Zagar wasn't worth Nicki's time. Hardly a hard kick, more a "Go away you girl" I've got better things to do. ;)

• Like 1

I've always liked Nicki P on track. Wild in his early years, daring after that, but with his increasing years he has become more calculating and hard ( I won't say dirty cos I'm not a rider so don't have the expertise to make that judgement). However the number of instances of him being involved in incidents does seem to have increased with age. It would seem that he does not have the respect of many of his fellow riders.

Maybe it's time for stewards at GP meetings who are ex-riders, something along the lines of F1 (not too sure how it works). Riders know if a move was dangerous as opposed to an accident caused by a combination of circumstances.

What annoyed me most about Saturday was the kick by Nicki, complete with steel shoe which could have done damage had it connected. The Zagar slap at Nickis helmet and the handbags in the pits afterwards were pure box office and BSI must have been rubbing their hands with glee.

Nicki said on twitter that he did say sorry, but so far has not answered my query as to whether that was before or after he kicked Zagar :P

It will be a sad day when Nicki quits the GPs, he is one of the few characters left in the sport.

Good post, and a good idea to have former riders involved as stewards, although I guess it may have to be retrospective punishments ranging from banned from practice, points removal to starting from x far back in first race of following GP. The other problem is not so much the crash, we all agree that was NP fault, but the problem is who adjudicates on the post crash antics, that needs to remain with ref I assume.

Only problem with Nicki is he perhaps upset many former GP riders that might be appointed as stewards already so they will just side against him each time :)

Entertainment wise Nicki is good for the GPs, but I can understand why other riders dislike him.

I'm personally not gonna miss Nicki, I don't see him as a character just a menace to everyone on the race track with him! Makes me angry cos he can race cleanly, I've seen him .......twice ;-)

• Like 1