British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TMW

Stoke V Leicester 22/06 Nt

Well lets wait for the answer of Mr Vasey shall we?

I see motormouth has to put his nose in again Lee.

• Like 1

I see motormouth has to put his nose in again Lee.

Sticks and stones

Btw i've been called many things in my time but never a 'he' :-)

Edited by TMW

Well lets wait for the answer of Mr Vasey shall we?

The track shouldn't be dusty from the start but otherwise TMW is right.

A hot, breezy day is every track curators nightmare.

The track shouldn't be dusty from the start but otherwise TMW is right.

A hot, breezy day is every track curators nightmare.

It wasn't dusty from heat 1 but it did get dusty early on. I think Dave Tattum and crew tried their best to keep it well watered. The shale on the outside was still moist but on the inside no sooner had it been watered than it dried out. It was hot and breezy which is every curators worst conditions. It wasn't pleasant for spectators and riders but I am not sure what the solution would be apart from not running in the afternoon in summertime.

Yes it was.

I was standing on the first bend and I couldn't see the riders on the first bend in heat 1.

Rubbish....it was at least ht 6-7 but think what you like

Infact I've got a recording taken on an ipad of ht 8 with some dust yes but where you can clearly see the riders

Edited by TMW

I was there yesterday and not the greatest meeting Ive ever been to lots of dust, baking sun, hard work for the track crew, funny watching the security man chasing off the four lads who tried to climb the ladder up to the refs box.

Tense score all the way through.

I brought a raffle ticket but didnt hear it announced, I did leave after the main event anybody know if it was called out and what the number was. Its some time since I brought a raffle ticket and feel slighty robbed at the moment.

Rubbish....it was at least ht 6-7 but think what you like

Infact I've got a recording taken on an ipad of ht 8 with some dust yes but where you can clearly see the riders

Funny, I never noticed you standing on my shoulder with your ipad so you got the same view as me!

In later heats the dust was damped down slightly by what little watering there was, perhaps you recorded one of those heats.

Funny, I never noticed you standing on my shoulder with your ipad so you got the same view as me!

In later heats the dust was damped down slightly by what little watering there was, perhaps you recorded one of those heats.

I will backtrack ever so slightly on the basis that we were at opposite ends of the track (bend 3) and prevailing winds etc..but surely some slack can be afforded for track conditions. It will be interesting to see how Kent in the garden of england manage today Edited by TMW

Now then chaps . I think you may be being a little over critical of the Stoke Track staff here , over the years I have been to many meetings on hot sunny afternoons , the british finals at coventry always had dust problems every year , sun baked shale will always create dust , and that leads to the headache of when to actually apply the water . I dont know if any of the dissenters have ever ridden a speedway bike , but anyone who has will tell you what happens when water is applied to a track which has become slick from use , it invariably turns into a Skating rink , so track staff are caught between a rock and a hard place , because No water means the spectators and riders get their hair do's ruined by dust , or apply water and have riders sliding allover the place rider on a dangerously slippery surface , believe me if you think that was dusty yesterday you should go to an afternoon meeitng at Scunthorpe , even with their acclaimed track staff they cannot control the dust .

• Like 3

I wouldn't normally comment because it just isn't worth it but.........

Probably because it was a baking hot afternoon and it would try the patience of the best track curator to keep that track moist?

Glad you managed to find something to moan about. Did you miss the minimal power cut?

Say what you like about Malcolm. He manages the team like a pro and it is showing in the results not to mention Armo who gave up what he thought was the best gate in ht 15 to Payne to give him the best chance.....

Like your reply to the remark made about the dust, it was obvious that no matter how much water was put on the sun was that hot that it would

have dried it up almost straight away. I know for a fact that the track was watered well the night before and quite a few times during the day

and prior to the meeting, so it was an impossible task to keep the dust at bay.

on your comment on John letting Lee take the better gate position, John tends to do this when he rides with the less experienced riders

to cover them if they get away.

Griffo

I wouldn't normally comment because it just isn't worth it but.........

Probably because it was a baking hot afternoon and it would try the patience of the best track curator to keep that track moist?

Glad you managed to find something to moan about. Did you miss the minimal power cut?

Say what you like about Malcolm. He manages the team like a pro and it is showing in the results not to mention Armo who gave up what he thought was the best gate in ht 15 to Payne to give him the best chance.....

Like your reply to the remark made about the dust, it was obvious that no matter how much water was put on the sun was that hot that it would

have dried it up almost straight away. I know for a fact that the track was watered well the night before and quite a few times during the day

and prior to the meeting, so it was an impossible task to keep the dust at bay.

on your comment on John letting Lee take the better gate position, John tends to do this when he rides with the less experienced riders

to cover them if they get away.

Griffo

I'll sort your post out. Only because it agrees with me mind.

Now then chaps . I think you may be being a little over critical of the Stoke Track staff here , over the years I have been to many meetings on hot sunny afternoons , the british finals at coventry always had dust problems every year , sun baked shale will always create dust , and that leads to the headache of when to actually apply the water . I dont know if any of the dissenters have ever ridden a speedway bike , but anyone who has will tell you what happens when water is applied to a track which has become slick from use , it invariably turns into a Skating rink , so track staff are caught between a rock and a hard place , because No water means the spectators and riders get their hair do's ruined by dust , or apply water and have riders sliding allover the place rider on a dangerously slippery surface , believe me if you think that was dusty yesterday you should go to an afternoon meeitng at Scunthorpe , even with their acclaimed track staff they cannot control the dust .

You think I'm a chap to?

All I can say is I must talk a lot of sense hence the confusion

Edited by TMW

You think I'm a chap to?

I will concede I like that ;)

• Like 1

I'll sort your post out. Only because it agrees with me mind.

You think I'm a chap to?

no I dont think you are a Chap TOO , Unless you wish to be lumped in with the dissenters , Chaps doesn't apply to you