British Speedway Forum
OILYRAG

Something Got To Change (sheffield)

I was told at the weekend other teams are not helping us with fixture changes so that is why theres no update,and riders we are after are wanting silly money or going to miss too many meetings so theres no change imminent unless its changed since the weekend.The new promotors are trying but nothings going our way at the moment.

The fibragel has done its stuff , movement complete :lol:

I hope that you are relieved. :t::shock: :shock: :shock::P

The fibragel has done its stuff , movement complete :lol:

Are you talking crap again?!?

I was told at the weekend other teams are not helping us with fixture changes so that is why theres no update,and riders we are after are wanting silly money or going to miss too many meetings so theres no change imminent unless its changed since the weekend.The new promotors are trying but nothings going our way at the moment.

Thanks for the info. I do realise making team changes can be difficult (but having seen indications from management they were considering a change thought an announcement would be made).

Regarding the league fixtures, do we not just have to arrange a match with Plymouth, and a second match with Workington? Surprised we did not use last Thursday, nice day in July. As there are two Thursdays free, before late September and before (I presume) the cut off date for play off qualification dates, would have thought using these two dates would be the solution. As far as I can see, no opposition rider would be riding for an elite or National league team on those dates.

The promoters did say they were looking to stage around 25 matches in the season. With play off qualification looking, unlikely would have though best to get matches in now rather than staging "meaningless" matches at end of season when weather could be "unfortunate"

Adam Roynon now available..... and Roland Benko......

Thanks for the info. I do realise making team changes can be difficult (but having seen indications from management they were considering a change thought an announcement would be made).

Regarding the league fixtures, do we not just have to arrange a match with Plymouth, and a second match with Workington? Surprised we did not use last Thursday, nice day in July. As there are two Thursdays free, before late September and before (I presume) the cut off date for play off qualification dates, would have thought using these two dates would be the solution. As far as I can see, no opposition rider would be riding for an elite or National league team on those dates.

The promoters did say they were looking to stage around 25 matches in the season. With play off qualification looking, unlikely would have though best to get matches in now rather than staging "meaningless" matches at end of season when weather could be "unfortunate"

Apparently we tried to get a fixture last Thursday but no teams were prepared to help !!!!!!!!! That is what we are up against.Wonder if roynon will be offered his place back ?

Don't be to surprised to see covatti line uo for yourselves

If that's true it's two new riders then ! Edited by OILYRAG

I'd be happy with that, especially if he came as an asset too. Or a straight swap of Roynon for Nielsen would do nicely.

Adam Roynon now available..... and Roland Benko......

Having already sacked him would Sheffield be allowed to re-introduce Roynon, and would the rider be all that keen on the idea anyway.

• Like 1