British Speedway Forum
OILYRAG

Something Got To Change (sheffield)

Simon is more than welcome at Newcastle...

• Like 2

Simon is more than welcome at Newcastle...

Too right Steve - he would be a perfect fit. :approve:

Also - he likes our Track which is obviously a big plus for him. :t:

Could we not sign him as a replacement for Schramm, re-declare the Team with Simon as our Rider?

Obviously I would like Schramm to be fit soon - but - equally obviously, it appears, sadly, that this isn't going to be the case. :sad:

Too right Steve - he would be a perfect fit. :approve:

Also - he likes our Track which is obviously a big plus for him. :t:

Could we not sign him as a replacement for Schramm, re-declare the Team with Simon as our Rider?

Obviously I would like Schramm to be fit soon - but - equally obviously, it appears, sadly, that this isn't going to be the case. :sad:

Could we put Simon in our team for Thursday?

Yes to both, but I don't know if we can redeclare for this Thurdsay (although Ben Wilson has been declared in Sheffs team for Thursday). We'd have to be quick to get Simon in for Thurs., if that is what George and his co-promoters have in mind.

Edit: 48 hours before a meeting, springs to mind for any changes, but I'm sure someone will correct me if that is incorrect.

Edited by Steve Park

Yes to both, but I don't know if we can redeclare for this Thurdsay (although Ben Wilson has been declared in Sheffs team for Thursday). We'd have to be quick to get Simon in for Thurs., if that is what George and his co-promoters have in mind.

Edit: 48 hours before a meeting, springs to mind for any changes, but I'm sure someone will correct me if that is incorrect.

Thank you Steve. :t:

I think the re-declaration of the Sheffield team would have been done before the press release today. ;)

Welcome home Ben and good luck. Nice to have you back again :t:

Edited by DAVEK

3 working days Steve, so George would have needed to know yesterday to fit Simon in for Thursday. With Schramm showing no signs of a return, and Simon's availability now, I would go for that switch in readiness for Sunday. Simon did not go well at Sheffield, so I reckon we could go with someone better on Thursday. Possibly Ole Greenwood or Nicky Barrett.

Edited by Tsunami

3 working days Steve, so George would have needed to know yesterday to fit Simon in for Thursday. With Schramm showing no signs of a return, and Simon's availability now, I would go for that switch in readiness for Sunday. Simon did not go well at Sheffield, so I reckon we could go with someone better on Thursday. Possibly Ole Greenwood or Nicky Barrett.

Thanks for that.

So would I!

• Like 1

Not a change I would have made but hope he can do the business.I thought we weren't going with our old brigade ?

So our promotion say we won't be going down the road of resigning former riders!mmmmmmm Not Impressed, backward step.

Apparently we tried to get a fixture last Thursday but no teams were prepared to help !!!!!!!!! That is what we are up against.Wonder if roynon will be offered his place back ?

Thought the stadium was closed for maintenance work?

I'm sure the promotion would be be happy to hear suggestions ?

Looks they managed it without my help afterall :lol::lol:

Looks they managed it without my help afterall :lol::lol:

Yep, good move as well !!!

Good luck to Ben, let's hope he has his gating boots on... cause he's not always been forthcoming when it comes to overtaking...