British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BBSC

Berwick V Peterborough Sat 28th June Straightforward Meeting

Bellego and Jensen were poor tonight but have been good value overall this season and are averaging approx the same as they started on, Kevin did score a few points tonight but overall this season has been a shadow of the rider he used to be, his average from 1st July is 6.73, his starting average was 7.51, thats quite a drop over a short period.

Our team is nearly 1.3 points under the limit from 1st July, these points should be used to strengthen the team, we have made a good start to the PL campaign, tonight was the first bad PL result we have had, there is still plenty time to have a successful season but when you have a chance to strengthen it should be taken.

• Like 3

Awesome result from a weakened Panthers team..

• Like 1

Obviously I wasn't there, but I was at Sheffield on Thursday where David Bellego was superb. Dunno what happened to him tonight.

Giving that Peterborough pushed all the way last night I`m surprised they haven't gone for a guest tonight, a decent choice might've made this meeting a bit closer than IMO it will be tonight.

I think a full Peterbro team would have gave us a run for the money,but Bandits should have no problem with that line up.

Agree.

58-32 i would imagine

money saving option,guest for Fisher more expensive ,Sedgeman in the area won't cost fortune even if he scores a few points .

Surely a well employed guest could give Peterborough a chance at least of taking a point or two, especially with Berwick weakened, a point or two could be vital at the end of the season when it comes to Play-Off places.

:lol:

Congratulations to The Panthers , they came they saw & they conquered . A big thank-you goes out to Stevie Worrall for his efforts tonight its a pity your "teammates" couldn't match you efforts . The Bandits were awful tonight there is no other word to describe it ( no ones I can use on here anyway ) , its a long time since I have been that disappointed after a Bandits meeting , ATM I'm struggling to find anything positive to say , I suppose we'll just have to put that one to bed and try to forget about it and move on to the next meeting . :mad::cry:

• Like 2

Bellego and Jensen were poor tonight but have been good value overall this season and are averaging approx the same as they started on, Kevin did score a few points tonight but overall this season has been a shadow of the rider he used to be, his average from 1st July is 6.73, his starting average was 7.51, thats quite a drop over a short period.

Our team is nearly 1.3 points under the limit from 1st July, these points should be used to strengthen the team, we have made a good start to the PL campaign, tonight was the first bad PL result we have had, there is still plenty time to have a successful season but when you have a chance to strengthen it should be taken.

Can't really argue with that, much as I would like to...

• Like 1

Not really, if Matej Kus had been there, he would have scored 24, instead of Worrall's paltry 15 :P

Quite a bit Doolan bashing going on here, despite being second top scorer tonight, and matching his current GSA, (or 1/2 pt less than starting average) :blink:

Looking at the Berwick programme his average for this season (I assume as per the way they do them without bonus) is only around 5.5. Kevin may have just gone a season too far? Not a question of bashing but sadly it happens. May be chance to introduce a new Swedish or Danish youmgster if available at this time of season.

• Like 1

I guess the danger of introducing a new face is that it is a risk when - overall - we have made a good start to the season.

Still, nothing ventured, etc.

Anton Rosen anybody ? He looked a decent prospect to me & I though he was unlucky to get the boot at Newcastle due the numbers game

• Like 1

Well done to the Panthers superb win,They were up for it.Claus gave it his best shot and took a couple of falls for his troubles,the rest couldn't be ars#d.I have some sympathy for the home team when they turn up to a sh#t track,but you can't excuse the lack of effort they showed tonight?the Management will have to do something regarding tonight's showing it was just not good enough from the Home Team.I am sure will be the some excuse.(just one of those nights again).

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

I got the feeling a bit of smugness had been creeping into Berwick posts recently.

Always a risky thing!

• Like 2

First off it would be childish not to congratulate Peterborough on their win, with a weakened team they won easily, far quicker out of the gate, far quicker there after and far more willing to put in an effort, in short everything Berwick didn't do. You don't see an away team having so many heat winners all that often, so all credit to Peterborough.

Apart from Worrall, the Berwick performance was as bad as the score line suggests, its was shocking, maybe one or two riders have let all the praise they have had up till now go to their head and have become complacent, well if that's the case last night was a real wake up call. Doolan was awful, but his performance was matched by Jensen who was equally abysmal. Carr again struggled, and Bellego looked a shadow of the rider we have seen this season, hopefully in his case this was a one off. My concern is do the Berwick Promotion and/or management have it in them to shake things up a bit, as last nights performance was totally unacceptable and should not be tolerated. No good coming out with the usual party line of "one of those nights" or "never mind it will be better next week", last night needs addressing, so it will be interesting to see what the club comes up with for next weeks visit of Redcar.

Maybe the time has come to change things, after next week we have a break due the Cardiff GP, I hope plans are already in place to bring riders in if needed as we have a chance of a decent PL finish this season, it would be a crime if we didn't try and build on a half decent start to our season.

Now I love watching the tractors go round, but even I grew tiresome of seeing out after every other race last night, clearly for the second week running there was a problem with the track, though should not give anyone an excuse, how the track team used to do it can we go back to that, what ever they were doing can we go back to doing that, if someone else is doing the track please change it. It is no good pulling out all the stops for FIM or Sky meetings, surely you should put the same effort in for the customers who attend on a weekly bases.

All in all a poor nights entertainment that has thrown up many questions, answers that only the Promotion have the answers to.

The problem with Berwick speedway is they focus too much on getting things right for the marquee FIM & Sky meetings, but neglect the bread & butter of the Premier League.

Absolutely, everything summed up in just one sentence.

• Like 2

Was'nt there but glad from what I have read a totally inept display. Over to the management this is when they earn there crust and the fans respect sort it out make changes if needed or as usual slide into anonymity.

Despite what is said on here by certain posters Berwick fans deserve more.

• Like 1

Was'nt there but glad from what I have read a totally inept display. Over to the management this is when they earn there crust and the fans respect sort it out make changes if needed or as usual slide into anonymity.

Despite what is said on here by certain posters Berwick fans deserve more.

Not been for a few weeks but last night another concern apart from other things highlighted on here was attendance level! I dont think a club can survive on that? Dont know what crowd was but there did not look 500. Apart from last night things have been ok to a level this season. You have a team which looked capable of a top six spot but to survive in any professional sport you need money through the gates.