British Speedway Forum
Brummie Kev

Birmingham Future In Doubt ? Alan Phillips Has Had Enough!

Preferably without the promotion in attendance thanks! ;)

So who's going to take the club forward?

A very good idea. You really need to have a public meeting with your promotion also in attendance.

Not a good idea for the promotion to be present - there would be a riot. And anyway we have no promoter - as he's walked away leaving us to hang,

• Like 1

Not a good idea for the promotion to be present - there would be a riot. And anyway we have no promoter - as he's walked away leaving us to hang,

Question still not been answered, who's going to take the club forward? And why would there be a riot given that Smith has alledgedly, ploughed 400k into the club? Doesn't make a whole lot of sence to me..

What Smith you on about Starry?

Question still not been answered, who's going to take the club forward? And why would there be a riot given that Smith has alledgedly, ploughed 400k into the club? Doesn't make a whole lot of sence to me..

Assuming you mean Phillips not Smith - quite frankly how all this has come about has left even the meek & mild mannered like me EXTREMELY angry. TM is the club president, I'm sure he'd help bridge the gap.

What Smith you on about Starry?

Sorry Phillips, perhaps somebody would like to elaborate, given you are starting a fund..

Assuming you mean Phillips not Smith - quite frankly how all this has come about has left even the meek & mild mannered like me EXTREMELY angry. TM is the club president, I'm sure he'd help bridge the gap.

TM?

Sorry Phillips, perhaps somebody would like to elaborate, given you are starting a fund..

TM?

Post 368 on this thread should point you in the right direction Starry. ;)

TM-Tony Mole. ;)

Post 368 on this thread should point you in the right direction Starry. ;)

TM-Tony Mole. ;)

But i though Tony Mole, doesn't want to take it on either?

In a Statement to Brummies fans on our website, Alan Phillips said on May18th:

"We would like to put it on record now that Birmingham speedway is not in debt or being chased by creditors"

I am very angry that he said something like that that clearly wasnt true, I am very angry that he let the situation get out of hand like this but I shouldn't be because he's poured £400k into the club? :blink:

Edited by Brummie Kev

TM doesn't want to take it on because of the amount of debt. Sooooo, if the debt was reduced by one means or another then it wouldn't be too ridiculous to think that he'd then be interested in helping the club out.

In a Statement to Brummies fans on our website, Alan Phillips said on May18th:

"We would like to put it on record now that Birmingham speedway is not in debt or being chased by creditors"

I am very angry that he said something like that that clearly wasnt true, I am very angry that he let the situation get out of hand like this but I shouldn't be because he's poured £400k into the club? :blink:

Right ok, but that doesn't answer the question, who's taking on your club, and the monies raised will pay the debts, right? 400K is an awful lot of money to pour into a speedway club, with no return. Something seriously doesn't add up.

TM doesn't want to take it on because of the amount of debt. Sooooo, if the debt was reduced by one means or another then it wouldn't be too ridiculous to think that he'd then be interested in helping the club out.

And you would like to think, should you reduce your debts then Mole might have a change of heart? End of the day, you will still be back to square one. Riders want paying, GRA want the probably ever rising rent and crowds are falling, doesn't add up to me. But i do wish you luck.

But i though Tony Mole, doesn't want to take it on either?

No he doesn't this season and to be honest who would, but, the finances are confusing. You are confused, so are we. One minute we are not in debt, the next we still don't have any debt just unpaid rolling credit (the words of the Phillips jnr). So the general feeling is the company owe money and has pissed off everyone in speedway including other promotions and riders etc. the fighting fund is being set up to help appease the feeling of anyone who is owed money that would prevent the team starting afresh next season by a new company. ie if the GRA have not being paid. (we don't want an Oxford done on us). No money will go to Phillips.

I think a meeting is being set up by a few commitee members of the supporters club with a few invities who may know a bit about what is owed. Who that is, I don't know. I'm hoping Tony Mole likes the effort we are putting in gets an invite and knows we mean business.

We will not go away without a fight.

Edited by Deano
  • Like 4

No he doesn't this season and to be honest who would, but, the finances are confusing. One minute we are not in debt, the next we still don't have any debt just unpaid rolling credit (the words of the Phillips jnr). So the general feeling is the company owe money and has pissed off everyone in speedway including other promotions and riders etc. the fighting fund is being set up to help appease the feeling of anyone who is owed money that would prevent the team starting afresh next season. ie if the GRA have not being paid.

I think a meeting is being set up by a few commitee members of the supporters club with a few invities who may know a bit about what is owed. Who that is, I don't know. I'm hoping Tony Mole likes the effort we are putting in gets an invite and knows we mean business.

We will not go away without a fight.

Good on you, i do hope for you fans sake that you can persuade Mole to take the club on, but would it be viable in todays climate.

Again, i wish you luck. You fans deserve it.

• Like 2

Straightforward question, no need for you to have a hissy fit, really.

Blimey! You call that a hissy fit? :shock:

• Like 1

Let's please stop bickering and pointing fingers too late for that it really is ....

Let's try get some facts and figures established and look at the best way forward if we can I have asked Arthur cross for some help and input as he seems like he has a lot of knowledge and he is prepared to speak with the supporters club/trust .

I am not a member of the supporters trust so we could do with someone who is to arrange a meeting I suggest somewhere near perry barr maybe hare of the dog big pub and always empty