British Speedway Forum
Brummie Kev

Birmingham Future In Doubt ? Alan Phillips Has Had Enough!

If it is to be bad news, then you wouldn't expect any announcement from the British authorities before the British GP any way!!

If it is to be bad news, then you wouldn't expect any announcement from the British authorities before the British GP any way!!

Thanks for that Wade Barrett. :t::D

Seriously though - I am still keeping my fingers crossed for the 'Brummies'.

I think most speedway fans are mate, but the vibes coming out of Birmingham don't sound good.

Rumours/hearsay/opinions abound yesterday in Cardiff - but I'd say 50-50 at best. One EL promoter we spoke to reckons we'll be OK though (let's hope he has "inside knowledge" and is proven correct!).

Alan Phillips did his best for Birmingham speedway but was dropped in it when Mr Dury suddenly left the club anyone know why.Phillips spent money to bring in Bartoz Smarzlik but it did not work out with him with meetings being rained off and Roscoed off,but Alan tried his best to strengthen the team that the departed Dury put together.Graham said on radio that Birmingham got fined a few times for fielding a incorrect team that happened once after that the teams guest were selected by the team manager and they did not get anymore fines so dont know why he said that.Why dont the b s p a take over Eastbourne they are according to Bob Dugaurd loosing 200,000 a year so they are in a worst state than Birmingham.i dont think the Brummies will be the only team to be in trouble this year wait and see.

Alan Phillips did his best for Birmingham speedway but was dropped in it when Mr Dury suddenly left the club anyone know why.

Just a wild hunch but I don't know, maybe he wasn't get it paid like everyone else?!

Guest GiveusaB

I think our only hope is a PL start in 2015!

On bspa site it got Brum fixtures now off and not tbc as before

On bspa site it got Brum fixtures now off and not tbc as before

Yeah I see that as well think that sort of now confirms doors closed for now which I don't think anyone would be surprised at.

Alan Phillips did his best for Birmingham speedway but was dropped in it when Mr Dury suddenly left the club anyone know why.Phillips spent money to bring in Bartoz Smarzlik but it did not work out with him with meetings being rained off and Roscoed off,but Alan tried his best to strengthen the team that the departed Dury put together.Graham said on radio that Birmingham got fined a few times for fielding a incorrect team that happened once after that the teams guest were selected by the team manager and they did not get anymore fines so dont know why he said that.Why dont the b s p a take over Eastbourne they are according to Bob Dugaurd loosing 200,000 a year so they are in a worst state than Birmingham.i dont think the Brummies will be the only team to be in trouble this year wait and see.

Alan Phillips did his best for the brummies! What a TOTAL joke it was his fault that Birmingham are where there are now FACT..........
  • Like 4

I had to google that!! So at least you'll have wrestling to look forward to!! :t::D

• Like 1

I don't think anybody would complain if the monies went to the ben fund providing it was verified.

Good, thanks for clarifying.

I disagree - saving Birmingham isn't connected with the Ben Fund. Keep the focus on saving Birmingham.

• Like 1