British Speedway Forum
Brummie Kev

Birmingham Future In Doubt ? Alan Phillips Has Had Enough!

I really don't see why someone from Birmingham should pay less than a Coventry fan at Brandon. It seems completely ludicrous imo. The offer to the Brummies season ticket holders is a grand gesture..

• Like 4

I really don't see why someone from Birmingham should pay less than a Coventry fan at Brandon. It seems completely ludicrous imo. The offer to the Brummies season ticket holders is a grand gesture..

Something to do with having no club would be a start...

Something to do with having no club would be a start...

Lots of people have no clubs unfortunately...

Lots of people have no clubs unfortunately...

And you wonder why when you have shortsighted people like you around. At the rate your talking and many others on here give it 18 months and there will be no EL to bother about. But i don't expect any support..

Truly frightening that as experienced a club administrator as yourself needs to ask (having admitted confusion) for an explanation of what a "weekly paying" Brummie fan means, especially when the poster who made the original reference conceded it was a more awkward situation to sort out than Coventry's kind offer towards Brummie season-ticket holders ... surely that was enough of a clue or explanation in itself !!If your confusion about as basic a concept of "weekly paying" is common among your fellow speedway administrators, no wonder plenty of clubs are struggling for supporters ... at most clubs, at least 70% (and often well over 80%) are "weekly payers" rather than having season-tickets so they'll all be delighted to know you struggle to understand how they pay to show their support for their club.Staggering ignorance from yourself on this occasion.

I'm bemused now.... We've recognised that season ticket holders have paid up front for their speedway and have offered to make them welcome at Brandon without paying twice. 'Weekly payers' by definition haven't paid in advance but are welcome to pay weekly at Brandon moving forward!

• Like 8

A tad harsh, Arthur. I'm sure it was the far-fetched suggestion that "weekly payers" from Perry Barr be allowed in free to Brandon that confused Mr Watson.

But if you re-read the first of Starman2006's posts about "weekly payers", there was never any suggestion that this category should also be let in to Brandon free of charge ... instead, just the phrase "some sort of offer" was used as a way of pointing out that maybe it's in Coventry's interest to encourage all of Birmingham's supporters along to the Bees' meetings.

All Neil Watson then did was admit confusion and ask for an explanation of the "weekly paying" reference ... if someone in his position within speedway needs any explanation or clear-up of so basic a reference, I stand by my earlier comment that it's staggering ignorance on his part.

Wasn't far fetched nor did i mention free. Just give the genuine weekly paying Brummies fans a consession. for the remainder of this season..

It is far-fetched. Utterly unworkable.

I'm bemused now.... We've recognised that season ticket holders have paid up front for their speedway and have offered to make them welcome at Brandon without paying twice. 'Weekly payers' by definition haven't paid in advance but are welcome to pay weekly at Brandon moving forward!

Agreed, but it would be good if you could extend something to those loyal fans that kept the club afloat. As i said, swings and roundabouts and all that..

It is far-fetched. Utterly unworkable.

Perhaps you would like to tell use why its un-workable, in plain English please.

And you wonder why when you have shortsighted people like you around. At the rate your talking and many others on here give it 18 months and there will be no EL to bother about. But i don't expect any support..

Maybe you should engage your brain cell before making ridiculous suggestions.. :icon_smile_clown:

Agreed, but it would be good if you could extend something to those loyal fans that kept the club afloat. As i said, swings and roundabouts and all that..

How would you work out that they were loyal ?

Perhaps you would like to tell use why its un-workable, in plain English please.

Why don't you explain how it is workable? In words of two syllables please.

Perhaps if the weekly payers contacted Coventry they would send a complimentary taxi for them aswell lol. I think the offer to the season ticket holders is generous enough on Coventry's behalf and I don't see anyone else stepping up. Hats off to Mick and Neil 👍

• Like 5

How would you work out that they were loyal ?

They say they are - or have a note from their moms.

Sorry to read about the Brummies demise. I hope they come to the tapes next year. Such a shame this has happened.

Why don't you explain how it is workable? In words of two syllables please.

Ive already explained that, try reading the posts instead of just jumping on the post.. Here come the Trolls, time to go...

Edited by Starman2006