British Speedway Forum

Can anyone explain how much money is the SKY contract is worth and how is it distributed? Soccer / Rugby are totally transparent.We know exactly how much each club receives. Why not speedway??? Lets establish the status of our sport. Why the secrecy????????

Can anyone explain how much money is the SKY contract is worth and how is it distributed? Soccer / Rugby are totally transparent.We know exactly how much each club receives. Why not speedway??? Lets establish the status of our sport. Why the secrecy????????

Blimey!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

You are asking a lot there. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sky are no longer sponsoring the league. There is no sky money. Each club receives zero.

Edited by pugwash

Sky are no longer sponsoring the league. There is no sky money. Each club receives zero.

Of course they do , the TV deal brings in cash not all of goes to Terry Russell , more important to know is what happens to the money from the GP? , in the days of the one of finals every club got a share of the money but, now how does British Speedway get from The Cardiff event ? and where does it go?

Of course they do , the TV deal brings in cash not all of goes to Terry Russell , more important to know is what happens to the money from the GP? , in the days of the one of finals every club got a share of the money but, now how does British Speedway get from The Cardiff event ? and where does it go?

ALL GP MONIES ALLEGEDLY GO TO BSI - I understand. :sad: :sad: :sad:

I could, of course be wrong.

ALL GP MONIES ALLEGEDLY GO TO BSI - I understand. :sad: :sad: :sad:

I could, of course be wrong.

surely the BSPA ad the other home organisations must have got something for selling the rights to their respective GPs to BSI ?

surely the BSPA ad the other home organisations must have got something for selling the rights to their respective GPs to BSI ?

Probably not as they do not appear clever enough.

Edited by A ORLOV

Honestly, as far as I understand BSI allegedly get all the Monies. That is what I was led to believe.

Unless, of course, someone knows better than me.

Not a thing as far as can be determined - but too late to be complaining about it now. The rights were given away years ago without a whimper from the national leagues.

• Like 1

Not a thing as far as can be determined - but too late to be complaining about it now. The rights were given away years ago without a whimper from the national leagues.

The rights to the GP's were bought by Benfield Sports in about 1996, for something like £10M, which went to the FIM.

if clubs want money, its not like they performing to sellout crowds, id suggest promoters promote, instead of EXPECTING people through the turnstiles, bombard the area in publicity, think some get up and go needed sometimes..the vacant spaces in stadiums is money wasted, you cant drag people in, but it appears the only efforts to promote this sport is on bank holiday weekends!

Honestly, as far as I understand BSI allegedly get all the Monies. That is what I was led to believe.

Unless, of course, someone knows better than me.

Why wouldn't they get all the money? It's their show, they've bought the rights from FIM.

Why wouldn't they get all the money? It's their show, they've bought the rights from FIM.

They shouldn't have been the FIM's to sell. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Like 2

The issue is that the monies are apparently not distributed to the national speedway authorities, and how much the world championships were the FIM's to sell.

• Like 1