British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow Tigers V Plymouth Devils Pl Sun 29th June 2014 @3pm

I dunno who Paul's talking about but you best watch out for the waxing strips next time the shorts are in town Mr HT! :P

Good to catch up with ya! ;)

It is truly said that violence is the haven of the unintelligent.

Take care of yourself and yours.

A wee sidenote to today's meeting . Kasper Lykke is becoming a bit of a cult hero in the Charlie Monk stand . He is easily the worst gater i've ever seen , but by god the lad is entertainment . We love him

Priceless.

Priceless.

We even saved you a space today :t:

• Like 1

Just realised, Im getting a bit of a complex....ruffdiamond called me frosty knickers earlier in the week and now HT calls me the beast. What is it with you guys and The Chase? lol

Just realised, Im getting a bit of a complex....ruffdiamond called me frosty knickers earlier in the week and now HT calls me the beast. What is it with you guys and The Chase? lol

Treat 'em mean , keep 'em keen pet

• Like 3

It is truly said that violence is the haven of the unintelligent.

Violence? I thought you'd enjoy it lol

• Like 1

What are you talking about ?

Awesome isn't a word you normally associate with a speedway meeting in this country , but that's what we witnessed today . Everything that is still good about our sport was on show at Ashfield today .

Two evenly matched teams , a superbly prepared track and more overtaking than you could wish for in a GP , it was all there and more .

Quite simply the best £16 i've spent in ages , if only we could get the people through the door to see what a great product speedway like this can be .

The 6 riders on each side gave us the most entertainment you could possibly wish to see . Ok we might have scraped home 46-44 , but as i said to the Plymouth fans around me , you didn't really care who came out on top , both teams were absolutely superb . And i was actually glad Plymouth got a closing 5-1 because they deserved at least a point out of today's meeting .

12 gladiators slugging it out in the sunshine will do it for me everytime .

We all get fed up with our team's being crap and the rules pissing us off and tracks being dodgy , but when you get what we got today , it restores your faith in the sport . Thank you the riders from Glasgow and Plymouth for making an old cynic very happy this afternoon .

Love this post

• Like 1

And if we get what we got today when i'm down in Plymouth on the 18th of July , i canny wait

That mob along the M8 can have their record breaking side and their big home wins , give me what we enjoyed today everytime

And ? I still don't get what point you're trying to make

And if we get what we got today when i'm down in Plymouth on the 18th of July , i canny wait

That mob along the M8 can have their record breaking side and their big home wins , give me what we enjoyed today everytime

Paulco, you really have to watch these LARGE CHIPS don't fall off your shoulders......lol

Now i'm home from work i see what you're banging on about . It's very simple .

Edinburgh are the best side in the Premier League at the moment . They are closing in on Arena Essex's record of unbeaten matches in 1991 . When an away side rolls up at Armadale , is it an evenly matched contest ? I think not . Yes Peterborough did okay on Friday , but the norm is a big home win . Does a big home win throw up exciting speedway ? I think not .

Now onto us , are we one of the top sides in the league ? Not at the moment . When an away side rolls up at Ashfield , is it an evenly matched contest ? Sometimes . Meetings like we had yesterday is the result of two evenly matched sides on a well prepared track .

Yes we are envious of the Monarchs' success , of course we would love to be top of the league , who wouldn't . But as a lover of speedway , give me what i watched yesterday instead of a forgone conclusion .

If that amounts to me having a chip on my shoulder , then so be it .

• Like 8

Good point well made paulco down here in plymouth its a similar scenario with our rivals somerset who regularly thrash teams at home where here in plymouth we dont know what the score will be but more often than not we see some great speedway lets hope its another classic when you come down you will deserve it thats one helluva trip

Yes I'll echo the comments re yesterday's entertaining meeting.

It wasn't looking good for Plymouth early in the meeting but they stormed back into contention with firstly guest Max Fricke and Sam Simota and then Ben Barker and Sam combining for 5-1's, thereafter it was a bit of a ding dong battle.

There were some solid displays and some mercurial displays (I'm sure if I look up mercurial in the dictionary it'll say see Kalle Katajisto at Ashfield 29th June 2014) and a tremendous display from young Max Fricke typified by his firstly stalking of Theo Pijper and then swooping around the home man on the fourth turn in heat 9. An absolute joy to watch.

Unfortunately there wasn't a bigger crowd to witness this one but when my taxi driver (who'd lived in the Ashfield area for 30 years) didn't know the stadium was still open would suggest speedway is flying under the radar in Glasgow. Which is a shame as there couldn't have been an unhappy customer leaving the stadium yesterday.

Good point well made paulco down here in plymouth its a similar scenario with our rivals somerset who regularly thrash teams at home where here in plymouth we dont know what the score will be but more often than not we see some great speedway lets hope its another classic when you come down you will deserve it thats one helluva trip

It's a trip i've done before . In 2011 we came down in a mini bus with a 62mph limiter on it . 12 hours ouch , we just made the beginning of the meeting .

This time we are at Ipswich the night before , still a fair journey , but not just as bad

I,ll be having a beer before the meeting mate i,ll keep an eye out for you