British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Kings Lynn Stars Vs Coventry Bees (wed 2nd July 2014)

Have to agree with Baggy I don't think we will be assed to bother with this one. This is not Elite League Speedway, so will wait for it to return

this is true about the injuries but the fact was Niels was banned I think for 14 days same rules should apply , as for changing the race day to Thursday did Birmingham help Lynn out earlier this season when we had half a team ? I just don't get why Coventry agreed to this fixture when they knew they'd be missing riders . It's a sad fact that racing in the UK comes bottom of almost every riders priority we are bottom of the pile .

You used a guest, Coventry are not using guests. If Coventry used guests they would get a ban. Personally I'd use guests and then book the same guests for the home meeting with Swindon and at Wolves too.

Hmmm.....so probably won't bother either - 110 mile round trip to see this...think I'll save me pennies for later in the season. Will anyone come clean with the line-ups or are the Stars and Bees websites gonna keep it all under wraps in the hope that everyone (supporters) turn up anyway on the assumption we are all stupid?

Anyone know what team Coventry will put out?

1. TBC (Cameron Heeps?), 2. Kyle Howarth (Lasse Bjerre?), 3. TBC (a.n.other?), 4. Kenneth Hansen, 5. Chris Harris ©, 6. Jason Garrity, 7. James Sarjeant.

I know stadium availability is an issue for some teams, but the only real way forward is for EL to ride 1 or may be 2 nights. If teams can't ride on those nights then sadly they won't be able to ride in EL...

Edited by kelvinht

Depends when Coventry informed Lynn that they had problems raising a full team. Both clubs at fault IMO along with all members of the BSPA. This situation isn't unique and didn't spring up overnight.

Yet again the fans are the ones that suffer and they wonder why so many turn their backs on the sport.

They informed them early as fixture has had TBC near it since Easter

Pity it isn't scheduled to pour with rain tomorrow night ..... :sad:

It'd be good if Buster made a stand on this and voluntarily postponed this match - he's certainly got good enough reasons i.e

- to stage it would most likely mean loss of revenue;

- to stage it is NOT in the best interests of EL speedway as a whole;

And to state that he will ONLY stage it if Coventry are allowed suitable replacements!

Regardless of when Horton et al knew of this situation unless someone makes a stand soon there'll be more supporters calling it a day like 'SilverBee' above.

• Like 1

Pity it isn't scheduled to pour with rain tomorrow night ..... :sad:

It'd be good if Buster made a stand on this and voluntarily postponed this match - he's certainly got good enough reasons i.e

- to stage it would most likely mean loss of revenue;

- to stage it is NOT in the best interests of EL speedway as a whole;

And to state that he will ONLY stage it if Coventry are allowed suitable replacements!

Regardless of when Horton et al knew of this situation unless someone makes a stand soon there'll be more supporters calling it a day like 'SilverBee' above.

Agreed...was looking forward to this....I'm sure we can find a date later in the season - September currently has no home meetings so would make sense to have one then to keep up to speed at home before the play offs start

They informed them early as fixture has had TBC near it since Easter

So when exactly did Coventry tell Lynn that they wouldn't have a full team? Before or after they signed MJJ? Let's face it with just Hans missing no one would have really batted an eyelid, we've all become that used to it. If it was after what exactly was Lynn supposed to do. Say to Swindon sorry not coming to the Abbey tomorrow we are going to host Coventry cos they haven't got a full team today? No I don't think so. So should Buster forgo a meeting this week with the resulting impact on his cash flow in a month when he gets fewer meetings anyway cos of the World Team Cup?

As I said earlier no one comes out of this smelling of roses and it's the fans that suffer. The riders as a collective don't, they still ride somewhere. The promoters don't, Coventry will probably pay out less to their guests than they would to the regular riders. Buster? well probably cos fans will vote with their feet but what else could he do, Poole, Wolves both riding tomorrow. Brum and Leicester should have been. Swindon prob don't want to cos of Kildeman.Belle Vue, Lakeside and Eastie both here in the last 2/3 weeks. So stuck between a rock and a hard place.

So the fans will either miss a meeting in the height of summer, good weather forecast or pay over the odds for a one sided meeting. When all could have been avoided with a bit of communication and forethought (oh yeah BSPA don't do either of those).

this is true about the injuries but the fact was Niels was banned I think for 14 days same rules should apply , as for changing the race day to Thursday did Birmingham help Lynn out earlier this season when we had half a team ? I just don't get why Coventry agreed to this fixture when they knew they'd be missing riders . It's a sad fact that racing in the UK comes bottom of almost every riders priority we are bottom of the pile .

See this is the attitude that shoots speedway in the foot every bloody time. Co-operation works maybe they should all try it and stop this twit for tat nonsense. And I mean fans as well as promoters. Nothing personal Haza your post was just handy to quote but this all makes me so mad.

Edited to add

Did I hear during the NKI episode last year that Danes have to ride twice in their domestic league or face a ban. Just wondering how many other meetings Hans and MJJ have ridden in. If my memory is wrong blame my age.

Edited by Star Lady

Just re-read the Coventry statement and they have no issue with King's Lynn running the meeting. They seem disappointed that no other team accepted the chance to swap dates. It clearly says they asked other clubs to fill the gap, not to get the meeting cancelled.

Mick Horton:

“I have phoned around every other Elite League promoter in an effort to get the fixture switched, but unfortunately nobody was able to help on this occasion, and we have to accept that King’s Lynn do need to fulfil the fixture."

I can understand why meetings don't get cancelled, especially when the forecast is set fair and be unable to fit the fixture in due to other reason off cancellations.

One of the biggest gripes from fans is the fudging around with fixtures yet call for this one to be cancelled. We can't have it both way.

With what has been happening with Birmingham and possibly Eastbourne at the end of the season, home fans especially, please do not boycott the meeting. Every penny counts towards a clubs survival.

KEEP BRITISH SPEEDWAY ALIVE

This sport is so unprofessional how can you keep it alive tracking a side like this . I fear EL speedway is dying sport run by a totally inept governing body that has no idea how to promote their own product .. If any football club fielded 11reserves the FA would not allow it . RIP Elite league

Seems like I will be one of the few people who will be going. That said, I must have plenty of money to waste, and not a very good home life.... :cry:

Truth is I am one of those Hard Core fans, who never misses a meeting. I've been known to go all-day just to watch riders practise. :D

But I'm not the sort of person the promoters need to target. It's Joe Public they need to interest........... :t:

Simon Lambert at number one for Coventry apparently.

Why Lambert when we have our own NL team?!

Simon Lambert at number one for Coventry apparently :rofl:

Just thought I'd edit that. I'm sure deep inside it's what you are doing :t: I was anyway.

Simon Lambert at No'1, I have to feel sorry for him and this is the strange thing with the Draft system. Reserves can't race against heatleaders but can guest as a heatleader. You just couldn't make it up :lol:

Edited by screamer