British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Swindon Robins Vs Kings Lynn Stars (thurs 3rd July)

Did you miss the two winks Star Fever.... :D

Whether you meant it or not there's a lot of ppl with that attitude, so i'll stand by my comment.

No doubt if Eastbourne beat us on saturday they'll be 'giant-killers' too lol :P

Thankfully Lynn fans have never taken anything for granted ;)

Edited by Star Fever

I don't think I'll ever work Kenneth Bjerre out. He's an odd one......

Well done the Robins though. :t: Proof, that no team is infallible. It's still a long way to the play off dates and a lot can happen before then and on the nights in question.

Remember 2010 when the Pirates thought they had it in the bag? :D

Two thousand and ten...........(scratches head).....Nope don't remember that season at all.........Did the Pirates ride that year????

Don't recall 2012 either..........The Pirates must have dropped out of the league in those two years :lol::rofl:

2009......remember that one though.............. we were sh.......cr.....dire all season!!!!

Edited by scottyfan

The list of riders available is larger and doesn't happen as often. Can also use r/r then and use ur other heat leaders

It makes no difference if the list is larger. All it means is there are more riders that aren't up to the standard of the rider they are replacing - which is the point we were both making.

So many times (and i remember when Freddie was out injured as an example) very rarely did we get a TRUE number one of similar average and standard to replace him RR is never good enough to replace a number one

To me its no different to the draft list replacements.

A well earned home win against a very good Kings Lynn side, not a classic but they're were a few decent races.Wright impressed again and Morris with some tough rides mixed it very well when you look at it Morris and Lambert really have some tough programmed rides.Puk was down on his usual form but again Rory showed his liking for the abbey also i would like to mention Simon Lambert he rode his nuts off for a couple of points.

• Like 1

Well done Swindon but Lynn are still massive favourites for the league. Difference between Lynn and Poole fans are that Lynn fans are speedway fans to and take the rough with the smooth and don't feel they have a devine right to win all the time

I don't think I'll ever work Kenneth Bjerre out. He's an odd one......

Well done the Robins though. :t: Proof, that no team is infallible. It's still a long way to the play off dates and a lot can happen before then and on the nights in question.

Remember 2010 when the Pirates thought they had it in the bag? :D

Spot on, that was s prime example of a team cleaning up for most of the season and running out of puff right at the end, getting caught with their pants down by a side who had been freshened up and had built up their momentum when it really mattered. I pray that doesn't happen to us but it could well do!

Swindon deserved all the points. They rode as a team, including a couple of team riding efforts from Bratchelor.

Lynn simply didn't ride with the exception of Rory.

Well done the Robins.

Genuine question. Was that really one of the best meetings at the Abbey this year racing wise? I can understand from a score point of view, was close throughout but racing???

Firstly to Sidney, and all you Swindon Fans well done, you really showed us up tonight and deserved your win. I never imagined gong to the Abbey was going to be easy, but I expected at least a point. Quite frankly, the way we fell away after the break, we didn't deserve one tonight.

Remember Alan Hansen once said 'you'll never win anything with kids', and probably that could be right. I thought they would have performed well last night, getting better as they learnt the track, but that didn't happen. How many times did they get caught out on bend 2 after making the gate. Unfortunately, it was an off night for Niels and Kenneth as well, so can't imagine they offered much help to the younger members'. Rory was the only one to come away with much credit, He has been immense this year.

Chuffed, in that we managed to get the stream on a big screen, but disappointed in the way we lost. Last night the Robins were the better team and deserved their win...

A blip along the way for the Stars, but they will get a reaction i have no doubt about that.The race that really told me it was not going to be the Stars night was when Iversen gated twice and was long gone.But PK fell and it was rerun three times then of course Puk missed the start i did not stay after the meeting i wondered did Jack Holder get any laps under his belt.?

Well done Swindon but Lynn are still massive favourites for the league. Difference between Lynn and Poole fans are that Lynn fans are speedway fans to and take the rough with the smooth and don't feel they have a devine right to win all the time

Favourites to finish top of the table sure, but as regards the play-offs I don't think so. I think Stars will try to keep the same 7 barring injuries, other teams will peak at the right time or have already / will strengthen for the business end of the season. A lot of home meetings have been tight, so even though Stars have had an impressive winning streak it's not as if they have been in a totally different class to other teams. Would love to be champions but if it's not to be then it's not to be, but having a great time watching this team race home and away. I just love being back in the elite league to be honest. Come on the Stars !!

• Like 1

Firstly to Sidney, and all you Swindon Fans well done, you really showed us up tonight and deserved your win. I never imagined gong to the Abbey was going to be easy, but I expected at least a point. Quite frankly, the way we fell away after the break, we didn't deserve one tonight.

Remember Alan Hansen once said 'you'll never win anything with kids', and probably that could be right. I thought they would have performed well last night, getting better as they learnt the track, but that didn't happen. How many times did they get caught out on bend 2 after making the gate. Unfortunately, it was an off night for Niels and Kenneth as well, so can't imagine they offered much help to the younger members'. Rory was the only one to come away with much credit, He has been immense this year.

Chuffed, in that we managed to get the stream on a big screen, but disappointed in the way we lost. Last night the Robins were the better team and deserved their win...

How did you manage to get the stream on a big screen?

The fact that a 50-40 home win by an established top flight club is even topic for discussion tells you all you need to know about how good KL are.......

A blip along the way for the Stars, but they will get a reaction i have no doubt about that.The race that really told me it was not going to be the Stars night was when Iversen gated twice and was long gone.But PK fell and it was rerun three times then of course Puk missed the start i did not stay after the meeting i wondered did Jack Holder get any laps under his belt.?

Jack went round at the end with a few others including Nathan, it was not a race but he looked good.

How did you manage to get the stream on a big screen?

If you have SMART TV you can link the output from your laptop to the telly wirelessly so i'd imagine they did it that way?

Well done Swindon on a power packed 2nd half performance, proved to me that my prediction that THEY WILL make the playoffs (along with Poole, Lakeside and Stars) is still looking good.

As for the Stars, one of those nights which thankfully haven't come around too much this season! Can you believe it's July and this is the first meeting of the season which we have left empty handed?!?! Madness!

As for how to get the stream on big screen......go to windows start menu, search for 'magnify' and there you go!