British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

Berwick V Edinburgh :continuation Of Monarchs' Losing Run: Wednesday, July 23

Those marvellous Monarchs have gone 23 matches unbeaten, and will beat Workington next week at Armadale to make it 24. But then.....(this from Berwick's e-Newsletter last night, setting the stage)THE MONARCHS ARE COMING! We have to admit the Edinburgh Monarchs are the team of the season -- so far! The capital crew have now racked up 23 matches this year, and remain unbeaten with 22 victories and a draw.With one home match coming up, the Monarchs are aiming to extend their run to 24 -- but meeting No 25 is at Shielfield Park on Saturday week, July 19th.It will be the first leg of the KO Cup quarter-final -- and the eyes of the speedway world will be on Berwick, awaiting news of Edinburgh making it a quarter of a century. Aye, right!What better incentive for our New Holland Bandits than to be the first team to beat Edinburgh Monarchs in 2014? Not just that, but beating them by a big enough margin to see us through to the semi-final!That's unbeaten Edinburgh coming Berwick in eleven days' time --- be there!

Another random prediction Edinburgh WILL beat Workington,remember your last one!!

Those marvellous Monarchs have gone 23 matches unbeaten, and will beat Workington next week at Armadale to make it 24. But then.....(this from Berwick's e-Newsletter last night, setting the stage)THE MONARCHS ARE COMING! We have to admit the Edinburgh Monarchs are the team of the season -- so far! The capital crew have now racked up 23 matches this year, and remain unbeaten with 22 victories and a draw.With one home match coming up, the Monarchs are aiming to extend their run to 24 -- but meeting No 25 is at Shielfield Park on Saturday week, July 19th.It will be the first leg of the KO Cup quarter-final -- and the eyes of the speedway world will be on Berwick, awaiting news of Edinburgh making it a quarter of a century. Aye, right!What better incentive for our New Holland Bandits than to be the first team to beat Edinburgh Monarchs in 2014? Not just that, but beating them by a big enough margin to see us through to the semi-final!That's unbeaten Edinburgh coming Berwick in eleven days' time --- be there!

Another random prediction Edinburgh WILL beat Workington,remember your last one!!

Looks like Berwick will miss Bellego that night, as if not mistaken it is World Under 21 Final round in Italy

Correct

Correct

That's the same thought I had when I read it, I don't think we will lose at home, but stranger things have happened!

Predicting that a side who have went 23 matches unbeaten will win a match isn’t random. :lol:

Edited by sparkafag

Predicting that a side who have went 23 matches unbeaten will win a match isn’t random. :lol:

Then it won't be random when they beat the Bandits

Then it won't be random when they beat the Bandits

Based on current form, probably not! Nothing wrong with wishful thinking though. :)

Clubs need to use when they can to promote and get fans through the turnstiles, it is sensible to use Edinburgh’s current run of results as a selling point?

• Like 2

Based on current form, probably not! Nothing wrong with wishful thinking though. :)

Clubs need to use when they can to promote and get fans through the turnstiles, it is sensible to use Edinburgh’s current run of results as a selling point?

As a club who pride themselves on doing everything right some of their Press releases have very derisive comments on them.IMO
  • Like 3

As a club who pride themselves on doing everything right some of their Press releases have very derisive comments on them.IMO

Yes, in your opinion. But press releases are just that, information to the media. Sports editors and the like prefer juicier copy, and if it gets onto the printed page or the airwaves, then the job is done.

People might come along to see for themselves.

Edited by Boobs

Yes, in your opinion. But press releases are just that, information to the media. Sports editors and the like prefer juicier copy, and if it gets onto the printed page or the airwaves, then the job is done.

People might come along to see for themselves.

True, so you`d think they might've included the news that Bellego will miss this meeting, or maybe that might put a few off going knowing that Berwick will be without one of their top scorers.

Looks like Berwick will miss Bellego that night, as if not mistaken it is World Under 21 Final round in Italy

Correct Bellego will be in Lonigo that night racing in the first World Under-21 Final. The second Final takes place on August 17th at Ostrow/Poznan, depending on travel arrangements and/or practice rulings there must be a chance that Bellego will miss our home meeting on August 16th against Somerset.

Similar issues different season..

Admittedly part of modern day Speedway, the blow is softened if you have the guys to replace the rider, at the moment (we don't)

Much better season this year however defeats to the Monarchs and the Rebels and not making changes may cost us a Top 6 place. We may well make the Top6 (which would be a achievement) I don't see us beating (Edinburgh, Somerset, Workington, Scunthorpe, Ipswich or Newcastle) with our current 7 with Kus at reserve over 2 legs

True, so you`d think they might've included the news that Bellego will miss this meeting, or maybe that might put a few off going knowing that Berwick will be without one of their top scorers.

Well, as Berwick haven't yet sent out a press release about next Saturday's match, we'll have to expect that, when they do it will accurately explain David Bellego's situation to editors, etc.

What was quoted (in my opening post on this thread) was the club's e-Newsletter, which is a service to subscribed supporters, not to media. As the rider's absence on July 19 had already been notified to these same fans by the e-Newsletter service as far back as mid-June, perhaps this item about Edinburgh's run (and the attraction of seeing it hopefully ended) can be allowed to stand up for what it clearly is -- a cheerful item, just one of several stories in the club's regular service to their followers?

Or aren't Berwick to be allowed to service their supporter-base with a bright electronic newsletter two or three times per week, without every nuance contained in these bright offerings being clinically picked apart in a search for imagined inaccuracies?

Rant over.

Edited by crescent girl

Well, as Berwick haven't yet sent out a press release about next Saturday's match, we'll have to expect that, when they do it will accurately explain David Bellego's situation to editors, etc.

What was quoted (in my opening post on this thread) was the club's e-Newsletter, which is a service to subscribed supporters, not to media. As the rider's absence on July 19 had already been notified to these same fans by the e-Newsletter service as far back as mid-June, perhaps this item about Edinburgh's run (and the attraction of seeing it hopefully ended) can be allowed to stand up for what it clearly is -- a cheerful item, just one of several stories in the club's regular service to their followers?

Or aren't Berwick to be allowed to service their supporter-base with a bright electronic newsletter two or three times per week, without every nuance contained in these bright offerings being clinically picked apart in a search for imagined inaccuracies?

Rant over.

Think you are getting a bit over precious, the service is welcomed by all who subscribe. :t:

Rants like this give the impression you only send out what you want people to hear.

CALM DOWN, CALM DOWN PET :D:D:D

Yes, in your opinion. But press releases are just that, information to the media. Sports editors and the like prefer juicier copy, and if it gets onto the printed page or the airwaves, then the job is done.People might come along to see for themselves.

No problem as you say it's just my opinion and it is a Forum.. Edited by Fromafar

No problem as you say it's just my opinion and it is a Forum..

You bad lad, how dare you have an opinion, totally unacceptable :party::party::party:

• Like 4

You bad lad, how dare you have an opinion, totally unacceptable :party::party::party:

Others mumble among themselves,I say what I think ,constructive criticism I call it ,but it's only an opinion.Not expecting everyone to agree though.
  • Like 1

Others mumble among themselves,I say what I think ,constructive criticism I call it ,but it's only an opinion.Not expecting everyone to agree though.

There`s probably more in agreement than not.

Rant over.

I seem to have touched a nerve. :D