British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Cardiff Gp Date Announced July 4th 2015

Got an absolute bargain on hotel very very happy so bring it on!

Care to share with a fellow Panthers fan?

This is a shame i am a motosport fan and this clashes with silverstone f1gp. Gutted as i have brought my silverstone tocket already. But gonna be at cardiff. Best night of the speedway calander. So gutted to be missing one of there tho.

Did anyone actually receive an email after registering on the website before 12, I know I didn't. Got my tickets and hotels booked but hotels are not cheap.

Care to share how much of a bargin??

Never been to Cardiff before but giving it some serious thought about next year. I have asked friends who have been before and it seems staying just outside Cardiff is the cheaper option. One stayed at the Travelodge Hotel in the services on the M4 which according to the Travelodge site is 8-5m from the stadium, so might look at that, others stayed in Caerphilly or Newport.

• Like 1

Never been to Cardiff before but giving it some serious thought about next year. I have asked friends who have been before and it seems staying just outside Cardiff is the cheaper option. One stayed at the Travelodge Hotel in the services on the M4 which according to the Travelodge site is 8-5m from the stadium, so might look at that, others stayed in Caerphilly or Newport.

If you're talking less than £100 difference stay in Cardiff IMO. The fact you can wake up and be sat in a pub in minutes, or wandering around the shops and can pop back to the hotel after the meeting before going out later just makes it that much better. But otherwise Newport isn't a bad shout as its 15 minutes on the train cost about £5 return - but Id try and stay as close to the centre or you're messing about with buses and taxis. If it was me I'd want to roll up to Cardiff Friday afternoon and stay there until Sunday and not have to worry about travelling.

The GP itself is always 10 times better in the flesh than on the tele -you'll love it. I dont know anyone whos ever been and not actually enjoyed it.

I shall probably be going next year. I've got a Hotel booked, anyway. Booked into The Hilton, which was fairly expensive, but I often stay in London Hotels and it's no more expensive than they are. Plus, it seems they didn't put their prices up. I tried for a room in a couple of weeks time, just to see, and that was actually more expensive. One in about 6 months time was about the same.

Planning to go mainly because my son has got more into speedway lately, plus t'wife enjoys it. Alo, having a genuine British title contender makes it more appealing too.

I think the last time I went was 2007, so first time for a while should I actually make it!

Just the Saturday night for us next year. It's just getting far too expensive to justify a full weekend. . We're having an extra week in Egypt next May instead. 2 weeks in the sun beats 2 days in Cardiff every time.

The hotel we stayed at this year have bumped their room prices by £50 for next year. Staying somewhere else

Edited by Shadders

The hotel we stayed at this year have bumped their room prices by £50 for next year. Staying somewhere else

A group of 8 of us have gone every single year. The hotel we stayed in this year was £79 a night & will be £299 a night next year. We have a threshold and cannot find a hotel anywhere near so won't be going next year by the looks of it. Shame as it is a fantastic weekend but it has now reached its tipping point.

A group of 8 of us have gone every single year. The hotel we stayed in this year was £79 a night & will be £299 a night next year. We have a threshold and cannot find a hotel anywhere near so won't be going next year by the looks of it. Shame as it is a fantastic weekend but it has now reached its tipping point.

For some, Cardiff GP weekend is the highlight of their year. I worked out the entire weekend cost the two of us close on £800. Two weeks all inclusive in Sharm is costing us just about double that. I know what I'd rather be spending my hard earned on

YOU must be able to do better than £299 a night surely?

YOU must be able to do better than £299 a night surely?

There are many on here who have already done much, much better than that.

Cardiff Uni £25 a night, Job Done