British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mimmo

British Youth 125cc Championship - 20th July 2014

It was my intention to attend this meeting, but I'm told that it's starting at 1.30pm, can somebody please verify that?

If that is the case, then I'll give it a miss, because at the non-stop pace that these meetings are run, which is how speedway should be run, it should be all over by 3.00pm at the very latest. This would leave a 2-hour wait before the Peterborough v Edinburgh meeting commences, which is a ludicrous amount of time to expect the public to sit around waiting.

If that is proven to be the start time, then that is unfair on the youngsters, as apart from family and friends, nobody is going to be stupid enough to turn up that early with such a long interval. The young riders deserve support, and that, if true, won't encourage it.

So would somebody please tell me that I've been misinformed and post what is hopefully a more realistic time, otherwise my custom will go to another track somewhere in the country.

BSPA say 1430......

But for me, I'm a Panthers fan, and would prefer the track staff to have time to get the track sorted before the main event.

Edited by Panthers89

Was thinking of coming to this combined with the visit of the Monarchs. Any chance of a rough time schedule please Neil? Is entrance same price as normal?

BSPA say 1430......

But for me, I'm a Panthers fan, and would prefer the track staff to have time to get the track sorted before the main event.

Even at 2.30pm, it leaves punters sitting around for a long time with nothing to do. I appreciate your comments about the track being sorted for what you describe as the main event, but surely it should already have been prepared properly for the kids anyway, and should only need a couple of re-grades.

BUT if we go by what you said in the first post, and say 1 hour and 30 minutes as a latest, start at 14:45 will finish at 16:15 that would only be a 45 minute wait for the start of the Panthers meeting, so it really 'that' long to wait?

I really do think that the league match should have been run first and the kids afterwards. Any problems could mean a later start for the panthers meeting, a 5pm start on a Sunday is too late and puts me off to be honest.

I really do think that the league match should have been run first and the kids afterwards. Any problems could mean a later start for the panthers meeting, a 5pm start on a Sunday is too late and puts me off to be honest.

I cant understand this - one person is complaining that there will be a long break between meetings; then another complains that there might be a late start for the second meeting - you just cant win!!!

• Like 1

Hoping to come to this, never seen the youth championships, any idea what time the doors open.

Just hoping the weather is going to be kind, looking forward to the second meeting as well.

Last two EL meeting I saw were poor hoping to see some good action from the PL boys.

Do they do a programme for the youth one.

Gates open 2pm, 125 Championship starts at 2,.30pm, PL match at 5pm

Hoping to come to this, never seen the youth championships, any idea what time the doors open.

Just hoping the weather is going to be kind, looking forward to the second meeting as well.

Last two EL meeting I saw were poor hoping to see some good action from the PL boys.

Do they do a programme for the youth one.

I would have though the Youth Meeting would be part and parcel of the Peterborough programme against Edinburgh as that's what Eastbourne have done in the past.

Thanks for the information, now if the weather behaves itself I should see a couple of meeting. Looking forward to it like the showground.

The 125 race card is part of the meeting programme

Admission prices and programme cost are unchanged

Weather is dry and cloudy and cooler than yesterday!

Gates open 2pm, 125s at 2.30pm, PL at 5pm

Panthers 1970 team reunion

Face painting, Men in Black and Farewell to Ryan Sullivan during the afternoon.

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 1

Ryan was a good servant for British speedway, watched him many times one of that great Aussie team of the 90s, Crump, Adams, Wiltshire and Boycie, not the one off Fools and horses the one who belted Gollob.

Well the Stummo car is being dusted down as we speak by the chauffeur (that's the Mrs) and I'm looking forward to a days racing, weather permitting of course.

As for the gaps between meetings, dear oh dear. Bring a book, read the speedway star, get a cuppa or a beer, talk to people! The people who get to the track a hour early, what do they do?

You'll be wanting the meeting to start at your convience next!

• Like 1