British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mimmo

British Youth 125cc Championship - 20th July 2014

Could they stop the meeting when I want a Pee, if I just raise my hand, would it be possible to hold it up for a few minutes. Im sure the other supporters wont mind, Ill only be a couple of shakes. :t:

• Like 1

What more could anyone want? Warm weather, league leaders visiting (is there the possibility of a kilt or two?), 2 meetings for the price of one, a chance to see youngsters at the start of their hopefully successful career, scheduled break to eat the picnic I've packed, kindle at the ready in case of delays/boredom. The chance to say farewell to Ryan Sullivan (not to mention all the reminisces that will trigger). Only thing that can't be guaranteed is the weather.

Now if all speedway was like this, I might have managed to get my backside into gear for more than one meeting this year.

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 1

What more could anyone want? Warm weather, league leaders visiting (is there the possibility of a kilt or two?), 2 meetings for the price of one, a chance to see youngsters at the start of their hopefully successful career, scheduled break to eat the picnic I've packed, kindle at the ready in case of delays/boredom. The chance to say farewell to Ryan Sullivan (not to mention all the reminisces that will trigger). Only thing that can't be guaranteed is the weather.

Now if all speedway was like this, I might have managed to get my backside into gear for more than one meeting this year.

I applaud your positivity, would feel the same if our top 2 were not missing. Hey oh, let's see the youngsters in action. Edited by Hodgy

The 125 meeting was a cracker - 13 heats in an hour, no false starts or falls. Kyle Bickley retained his title, all twelve riders tried their socks off but a special mention for Harry McGurk who fought from last to second in the final and wasn't too far away from Kyle at the finish.

• Like 1

The 125 meeting was a cracker - 13 heats in an hour, no false starts or falls. Kyle Bickley retained his title, all twelve riders tried their socks off but a special mention for Harry McGurk who fought from last to second in the final and wasn't too far away from Kyle at the finish.

Can someone give more details please?

Great to see the kids give it there all. Swiftly run meeting that keeps the interest going. I keep hearing how our problem is we have no youth policy. Well Neil Vatcher and team take a bow, the youth scheme looks in good shape to me. Bravo 👍👏

My positivity was rewarded. I really enjoyed the 125 Championship. Young lads, and boy were some of them tiny, giving it their all and so professional with it. They acknowledged the fans, even if there were just a handful of fans on the back straight on parade. The meeting was run efficiently - 4 riders into the pits, four riders out onto the track ready to race. Straight to the tapes, no gardening, no pushing the tapes, no flyers just honest gating. The racing was pretty good too. Probably more genuine post bend 2 passes than in most EL Matches. Was great that they all scored at least one point too.

I really shouldn't single any one lad out but the rider who made the biggest impression on me was young Harry McGurk, can't gate for toffee but boy did he make up for it with his passing.

Conrats to the defending champion Kyle Bickley.

So a big well done to all the lads. Also to Neil Vatcher and everyone involved with organising this comp.

• Like 2

Got to agree with Star lady, never been to one of these meeting before and it was great, tiny little riders going full pelt, great fun, ran really well and they all seemed to enjoy it, Thompson twins got Joe 9 but last in final and Dan 7 .

Just to echo my comments on the main meeting thread. Absolutely loved the 125cc stuff before the PL meeting. 12 young lads, no nonsense, just got on with it. Each one of them a credit to our sport but their families too - well done to all 12 and thank you for restoring some of my faith in the sport :approve: Dont mind admitting I'm now a fan of the McGurk boys, Harry was easily the fastest and most exciting rider on show and Sam, how could you not love the little lad?

BRITISH 125cc CHAMPIONSHIP
43. James Hitchen 2-1-0-1 = 4
16. Jamie Halder 0-1-1-0 = 2
20. Kyle Roberts 1-2-0-0 = 3
14. Joe Thompson 2-2-2-3 = 9
8. Sam McGurk 0-1-0-1 = 2
12. Sam Stead 1-3-2-2 = 8
7. Harry McGurk 3-3-3-2 = 11
11. Kieran Douglas 0-1-2-2 = 5
13. Dan Thompson 2-0-3-2 = 7
18. Kyle Bickley 3-3-3-3 = 12
25. Jordan Jenkins 3-1-1-3 = 8
35. Kai Hubbard R-0-0-1 = 1

1) Bickley, Hitchen, Roberts, McGurk (S) 71.0
2) Jenkins, Thompson (J), Stead, Halder 74.7
3) McGurk (H), Roberts, McGurk (S), Hubbard (Ret) 71.5
4) Stead, Thompson (J), Hitchen, Douglas 73.6
5) McGurk (H), Thompson (D), Halder, McGurk (S) 71.4
6) Bickley, Stead, Douglas, Roberts 72.5
7) McGurk (H), Thompson (J), Jenkins, Thompson (D) 71.7
8) Bickley, Douglas, McGurk (S), Hubbard 71.7
9) Thompson (D), Stead, Jenkins, Hitchen 73.0
10) Bickley, McGurk (H), Halder, Hubbard 71.9
11) Jenkins, Douglas, Hitchen, Roberts 73.3
12) Thompson (J), Thompson (D), Hubbard, Halder 72.7

BRITISH 125cc CHAMPIONSHIP

43. James Hitchen 2-1-0-1 = 4

16. Jamie Halder 0-1-1-0 = 2

20. Kyle Roberts 1-2-0-0 = 3

14. Joe Thompson 2-2-2-3 = 9

8. Sam McGurk 0-1-0-1 = 2

12. Sam Stead 1-3-2-2 = 8

7. Harry McGurk 3-3-3-2 = 11

11. Kieran Douglas 0-1-2-2 = 5

13. Dan Thompson 2-0-3-2 = 7

18. Kyle Bickley 3-3-3-3 = 12

25. Jordan Jenkins 3-1-1-3 = 8

35. Kai Hubbard R-0-0-1 = 1

1) Bickley, Hitchen, Roberts, McGurk (S) 71.0

2) Jenkins, Thompson (J), Stead, Halder 74.7

3) McGurk (H), Roberts, McGurk (S), Hubbard (Ret) 71.5

4) Stead, Thompson (J), Hitchen, Douglas 73.6

5) McGurk (H), Thompson (D), Halder, McGurk (S) 71.4

6) Bickley, Stead, Douglas, Roberts 72.5

7) McGurk (H), Thompson (J), Jenkins, Thompson (D) 71.7

8) Bickley, Douglas, McGurk (S), Hubbard 71.7

9) Thompson (D), Stead, Jenkins, Hitchen 73.0

10) Bickley, McGurk (H), Halder, Hubbard 71.9

11) Jenkins, Douglas, Hitchen, Roberts 73.3

12) Thompson (J), Thompson (D), Hubbard, Halder 72.7

Congratulations to the Thompson Twins on their performance on Sunday.