British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aces51

Belle Vue V Swindon 21 July, 2014

The main question for me is, how much longer will Zagar be allowed to extract the urine from BV ?

:mad:

For as long as Mort & Gordon think the sun shines out of his backside.

Rob quite correctly has been pointing out that Belle Vue have as yet to meet the stronger teams in the League for ages. I make it that there are six teams now in with a realistic chance of making the Play-Offs, and BV have to race at home against five of them, some twice, we shall now see if our shocking away form catches on at home.

There has got to be a reason why year after year we are pants, this is now the eighth season in a row where we have failed to perform, it cannot always just be bad luck.

The main question for me is, how much longer will Zagar be allowed to extract the urine from BV ?

Agent Zagar.....:)

and extracting a fair old wedge too..... :shock:

truly great to watch when he can be arsed.... :t:

truly embarrassing when he can't... :cry:

• Like 1

Anyone watching last night would have seen that in his first two races he was unfortunate to get pushed out wide on the first bend. In his second ride he rode well to catch and pass Morris. His third and fourth rides were fine and then in his last ride he was off the graveyard gate 3. With Kildemand and Batchelor covering the racing lines and Scottie chasing hard there was no realistic chance of him getting into a scoring position but he shouldn't have coasted round.

This year, like most heat leaders, he hasn't been quite as good as last year but we have still seen some brilliant racing from him.

It's always the way that after a loss fans look for a scapegoat but last night in his first two races Zagar was just unlucky to be in the wrong place on the first bend.

fantastic team effort by those Roscos Rampant Rockin Randy Red Robins. Another late surge from Killer Batch and Worrall, that has stunned Lynn Poole and Leicester in recent weeks. Should get into the play-offs at this rate. Well done to Greavsy, and full commitment from Killer after riding in Russia. That's 5 wins out of last 6.

Kid Morra getting new mechanic.

GO ROBINS!!!

Edited by keef van cross
  • Like 1

Cracking meeting again last night with proper speedway racing and not the usual EL bore fest.

Shame Zagar had a mare as a usual return from him would have seen an Aces win even with other team members not firing.

Attwood was equally to blame with two truly mistifying decisions. No hindsight here as I mentioned to several mates BEFOREHAND want should be done. Very poor.

It was also a shame that Belle Vue's usual slick presentation was hit with delays at the start due to crowds and during the meeting. We're usually done before 9 but the 9.20 finish saw the bite be lost from the track surface playing into the hands of the opposition who are better equipped for gate and go. Once that set in we could have been riding at any other EL circuit as they all seem to favour this from the off. Boring to me but at least they win I suppose.

I think it showed last night why the Aces have been so poor away as even with big returns from Zagar we come away empty handed. It's their inability to gate and whilst they can combat that at Kirky Lane the chance to pass at other EL tracks in pretty much zero. I've seen more EL this year with bet365 and coupled with the tracks I've visited the rest of the EL product is abismal. Winning might keep your diehards coming but you will defiantly not keep hold of any newbies. Aces fans though will watch racing like that even with a loss as we seem to have a different take on what's entertaining. Maybe it's a Hyde Rd throw back. Any newbies last night would have been thrilled and happy to tell their mates that first out if the gate wins is a myth.

Maybe when the academy is completed as part of the new stadium we could have clubs come month by month to learn about racing circuits and speedy presentation instead of gate and go and tractor racing with a 70's pop accompanyment.

More of the same next time but hopefully with a win, though if the racing is it's usual standard I'll be a happy man. If the rest of the EL followed suit I would be tempted away from the screen and relive the old days of trip after trip to away meetings. I could be dreaming though.

I think they have difficulty attracting a genuine number 1 to Manchester on a Monday night so its a case of beggars can't be choosers.

and extracting a fair old wedge too..... :shock:

truly great to watch when he can be arsed.... :t:

truly embarrassing when he can't... :cry:

Very fair wedge from what I have heard.

I'd substitute 'infuriating' for 'embarrassing' but otherwise you're spot on.

Anyone watching last night would have seen that in his first two races he was unfortunate to get pushed out wide on the first bend. In his second ride he rode well to catch and pass Morris. His third and fourth rides were fine and then in his last ride he was off the graveyard gate 3. With Kildemand and Batchelor covering the racing lines and Scottie chasing hard there was no realistic chance of him getting into a scoring position but he shouldn't have coasted round.

This year, like most heat leaders, he hasn't been quite as good as last year but we have still seen some brilliant racing from him.

It's always the way that after a loss fans look for a scapegoat but last night in his first two races Zagar was just unlucky to be in the wrong place on the first bend.

What you say is true but I find it hard to accept a rider who just gives up when his team mate is throwing everything he can at the opposition. He did it at King's Lynn when I was there recently - two wins when he gated, two trips to the centre when he didn't.

The only thing is Zagar wasn't the only one who had a bad night. Cook, Worrall and Payne were disappointing too.

• Like 1

I think they have difficulty attracting a genuine number 1 to Manchester on a Monday night so its a case of beggars can't be choosers.

Very fair wedge from what I have heard.

I'd substitute 'infuriating' for 'embarrassing' but otherwise you're spot on.

What you say is true but I find it hard to accept a rider who just gives up when his team mate is throwing everything he can at the opposition. He did it at King's Lynn when I was there recently - two wins when he gated, two trips to the centre when he didn't.

The only thing is Zagar wasn't the only one who had a bad night. Cook, Worrall and Payne were disappointing too.

I agree entirely with what you say about riders who give up. The paying fans are entitled to expect 100% effort.

It is all relative and you have to take into account the current EL standard but I disagree about him not being a genuine number 1. This year he is effectively third in the EL averages despite having ridden many more away than home matches. If Zagar isn't a number one then, Kings Lynn and Poole apart, no-one has a genuine number 1.

All of that apart the real winner last night was speedway. Good weather, a decent crowd and some excellent racing.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

Thoroughly enjoyed last night, great commitment shown by Peter Kildemand for his journey in from Russia. I was sure we would struggle but a fine team performance proved me wrong. Batch gave another Captain's performance and Nathan Greaves got rewarded for his perseverance.

For the Aces I thought Nicholls was excellent. Zagar seemed out of sorts but I remember how good he was in this fixture last season nobody could get close to him, total class so I guess everyone's entitled to an off night. For me the biggest disappointment has to be Craig Cook - away from Kirky lane more often than not he's been poor this season, his EL career seems to have stalled a bit this year.

Finally it was good to see entertaining racing at Kirky Lane given the amount of stick the track has received from some quarters in the last few years.

• Like 1

But that is what World Champion Tai Woffinden says will be the saving of British Speedway??!!!!!! :nono:

(or maybe it might just suit him!!!?)

Edited by Skidder1

But that is what World Champion Tai Woffinden says will be the saving of British Speedway??!!!!!! :nono:

(or maybe it might just suit him!!!?)

It suits ALL the top boys (if you have read the Speedway Star interview) and it is what all the top boys have been saying for season after season now so its hardly a `new` thing just invented by Tai. :nono:

FWIW it is the ONLY thing that can save the EL from getting any weaker. One (or 2 max) nights which IMHO will see at least 3 or 4 top riders back in the EL.

I agree entirely with what you say about riders who give up. The paying fans are entitled to expect 100% effort.

It is all relative and you have to take into account the current EL standard but I disagree about him not being a genuine number 1. This year he is effectively third in the EL averages despite having ridden many more away than home matches. If Zagar isn't a number one then, Kings Lynn and Poole apart, no-one has a genuine number 1.

All of that apart the real winner last night was speedway. Good weather, a decent crowd and some excellent racing.

Bad wording on my part. I agree Zagar is a number 1 - what I should have said is that they might have trouble attracting another/a different genuine number 1.

Bad wording on my part. I agree Zagar is a number 1 - what I should have said is that they might have trouble attracting another/a different genuine number 1.

I'm sure you are right about that.

The problem with going to one or two nights is not only whether all EL clubs who are tenants could do it and whether it would work for them, moving away from their traditional race night but also whether there would be a sufficient increase in crowds to pay for these returning stars. Similar financial considerations also apply to squads.

• Like 1

I'm sure you are right about that.

The problem with going to one or two nights is not only whether all EL clubs who are tenants could do it and whether it would work for them, moving away from their traditional race night but also whether there would be a sufficient increase in crowds to pay for these returning stars. Similar financial considerations also apply to squads.

You simply can't expect fans to pay more than what they're paying now & that is what will happen if the top boys come back.

• Like 1