British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

El Mid Season Predictions

Poole, Kings Lynn, Bees,Lakeside..

I think Lynn won't want to go to Lakeside so will pick the Bees for the semis. We'll beat them and Poole will beat Lakeside.

Then it'll be a repeat of 2010 :D

Seriously though.. I would expect as most do that Lynn will probably go all the way. But the playoffs can produce some surprises as has been proven before..

There's lots of talk about Lakeside struggling away from home, which I agree that we often do, but let's not forget that this season we've got points from half of our away meetings and come close in a couple of others. If our result at Birmingham was still included, we'd have got points from the majority of our away meetings at this stage of the season.

Anyway, for me I think Kings Lynn will win the playoffs and the top 4 will be:

Kings Lynn

Poole

Lakeside

Coventry

• Like 1

Top 4 will be Kings Lynn, Poole, Coventry and Lakeside.

Totally agree as the home losses Swindon have suffered will cost them & hope Eastbourne don't get through as too many points have come from riding vs. teams missing their top rider.

Poole vs. Coventry will be some semi.

Edited by Crazy robin
  • Like 1

There's lots of talk about Lakeside struggling away from home, which I agree that we often do, but let's not forget that this season we've got points from half of our away meetings and come close in a couple of others. If our result at Birmingham was still included, we'd have got points from the majority of our away meetings at this stage of the season.

Anyway, for me I think Kings Lynn will win the playoffs and the top 4 will be:

Kings Lynn

Poole

Lakeside

Coventry

With Lakeside having just replaced PK with Kim Nilsson and having Davey Watt at number 1, I can't see how Lakeside can make the play-offs!

With Lakeside having just replaced PK with Kim Nilsson and having Davey Watt at number 1, I can't see how Lakeside can make the play-offs!

Home track advantage & the reserves usually having good meetings their but struggle away.

the matt ford factor for me, to choose poole..never mind the now, that man knows how to win, and when to make a move..greg hancock move? which other club would of made that kind of move?

.....Eastbourne are going to fall just short - that said if they do get that elusive away win.....

Monday 23rd August :D

With 5 wins out of last 6, Worrall on fire, and their good away form, Swindon should make the play-offs on current form. Can beat KL over 2 legs. Will go Poole-Swindon final, with Coventry and KL making the play-offs, as they can all win away.

As a Poole fan I don't actually think Poole will get 2nd place!! I think they may get 4th or even scrape 3rd.

Kings Lynn

Coventry

Swindon

Poole

Did you miss last nights results!!!!

For me, obviously 1. Kings Lynn. 2. Lakeside have done enough so far - probably just need to win home matches. 3.Poole - Just cant see them missing out and even if some (pawlicki for one) start to falter you just know MF will make changes to ensure they are strong when it matters.

4. Eastbourne - for a team that has struggled big time away they have earned some away points recently and really should have been taking home more points with them. At present id say they are the favourites for 4th place.

Cov i think will just miss out but its dependent on MJJ turning up and scoring as he should. If he does then they could push the Eagles out due to good away form.

So Wolves not going to make it then.

• Like 3

As a Poole fan I don't actually think Poole will get 2nd place!! I think they may get 4th or even scrape 3rd.

Kings Lynn

Coventry

Swindon

Poole

It doesn't make one iota difference what position you finish in, or how many points adrift, as long as you are in the top 4. The format of the league is such, that it is of no importance whether you finish 2nd; 3rd or 4th.

Just for a moment, think of the excitement created if say, qualification to the play-offs was open to teams finishing in positions 1st; 3rd; 5th and 7th. That would create a few issues, and arguments. Everybody would be in with a chance of winning the league and no one would be assured of qualification. Mind you it would make it into a bit of a lottery, but so what, the idea of any play-off, reduces all competition into lotteries .

But it would create a lot of fun though :rofl::rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Swindon will make it now. Morris to have a month at 4 soon and rediscover his form and finish like last year. Dak and SG improved loads. Greaves is always in the mix and Worrall is the top at reserve at the moment.

Having said that we will prob be missing Worrall

on our away trips to Cov and Eastie and have to use Hopwood or Greenwood in his place meaning we will get d1cked and finish 5th!!!! All hail the FTD!!!

On a serious note it will be a disgrace if Eastbourne scrape in by a point or 2 after robbing us and Coventry of any chance of taking anything from there.

• Like 1