British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Wolverhampton 2015

Is it time for another Jon Cook three-year plan to be unveiled???

Is it time for another Jon Cook three-year plan to be unveiled???

I think its already been 'unveiled' - and we're half way through year one!!!!

One race night is not all about bringing back the best riders one of the main reason would be to make sure teams had full sides one of the moans of most fans .

Which is one of the advantages of using only riders committed to riding here.

I am not against one race night in principle I just see it as unlikely to happen when many clubs are tenants and dependant on other commitments at their stadium. Even when it is possible some promoters would not consider it viable to move from their traditional race night.

Which is one of the advantages of using only riders committed to riding here.

I am not against one race night in principle I just see it as unlikely to happen when many clubs are tenants and dependant on other commitments at their stadium. Even when it is possible some promoters would not consider it viable to move from their traditional race night.

Both being excuses that are worthless and show the narrow mindedness of the existing promoters.

If a product is worth seeing it does not matter what night of the week it is on, people will pay to see it. THAT is the problem. Not 'traditional race nights' and all the other flimsy excuses trotted out. Its a lack of imagination to promote that is the problem. What does 'traditional race night' mean to a potential new supporter, which the sport desperately needs? Nothing.

Not an attack on you Aces, more an attack on the pervading culture in speedway.

• Like 4

Squad system would sort all this mess out then aslong as clubs build to the limits every match when changing the line up problem solved plus clubs won't have to change there race nights.

If I hear 'we're building a team to get to the play offs' once this winter I'll personally shoot the bugger who said it :D

• Like 4

If I hear 'we're building a team to get to the play offs' once this winter I'll personally shoot the bugger who said it :D

Don't worry as long as Adams is in charge we will not make the play offs again time for new blood to sort the team.

Don't worry as long as Adams is in charge we will not make the play offs again time for new blood to sort the team.

You conveniently forget we made it only last season with a similar side.

Edited by stevebrum

The main ( possibly the only one ) problem this season has been the dire points return of Tai ( I notice 12 points Sunday and 11 tonight ). If he had scored to his average I doubt we would have lost a match at home. I presume the only reason Tai is knackered on a Monday is caused by the size of his pay packet.

I can't understand the thinking of releasing Ricky Wells who is improving season on season and replacing him with a far from vintage PK, the timing of this move is ridiculous as we haven't been realistic play off candidates for weeks.

If this move was made with qualifying for the play offs in mind then surely it would have been better to give Tai his wish and release him from something he obviously doesn't want to do and brought in two better quality riders I don't know who but I'm sure Matt Ford wouldn't have made these sort of changes.

I could understand these changes better if it was done with 2015 in mind but hopefully this is not the case.

PK has been a great servant to this club but is now well past his best, but if this is going to be the criteria for next years team then we are likely to end up with a 1-5 of

Peter Karlsson

Michael Max

Adam Skornicki

Sam Ermolenko

Ronnie Correy

The only reason I can see for bringing PK back is to hopefully put a few on the gate, but after last night's performance the opposite is likely to happen.

The only reason I can see for bringing PK back is to hopefully put a few on the gate, but after last night's performance the opposite is likely to happen.

That is how i have read it too. WE all know our season is as good as finished. Bringing back PK keeps the faithful happy.

Blimey, how quickly folk turn after one bad meeting from PK.

True, but no one expected such a dreadful showing that was an embarrassment for PK himself.

PK will turn it around don't worry about that

Who cares now.

Lets just `do a Poole` and flaunt the rules, throw all our matches and lose heavily so everyone starts on really low averages next season.

Poole fans would love it if CVS/Adams did what Middlo does and tries to bend every rule to suit!

I can hear the outpour now. :rofl:

• Like 1

COST CUTTING

Draft riders were bought in to help cut costs but with the format they are using at the end of the season teams like Wolves could reap the benefits next year by tracking Woffinden, Pawliki and Karlsson from the start along with Jacob Thorssell and still have points left.

These riders are going to want paying just as much next season as this so it's going to cost them more next season because they have been poor this season.

A number of things HAVE to change over the winter with the race format and two draft riders are important in my opinion ...... but the big things that needs changing straight away are the race nights for all Elite League matches and the leagues to work together as one and form a British League.

Something like ....

EL; (Any 2) = Fredrik Lindgren 8.90, Piotr Pawlicki 7.90, Tai Woffinden 7.50 and Peter Karlsson 6.40

BL = Jacob Thorssell 6.40, Ricky Wells 6.20, Ty Proctor 4.90, Gino Manzares 3.70, Ashley Morris 2.90,Joe Jacobs 2.80 and a National League draft rider 2.00

Edited by T.N.T.

PK will turn it around don't worry about that

Has to be a big improvment on last night at Smederna then.

Unlike Tai,PK seemed to be taking his Elite form with him to Sweden. :cry:

PK was miles behind again but maybe he is carrying a knock or something. This isn't the PK we all know.

Nobody in any form of job can go on forever,maybe just maybe, Old Father time has just caught up with PK.Hope he doesnt go down the same path as Sudden Sam went on.

We all want to remember how he was,not how he is now.

Think we will know the answer before the season close,and what the future holds for 2015.