British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Star Lady

Swc King's Lynn Traffic Problems

Why would you end up in a ditch. Don't your lights work????

The disruption is typical of the organisation of the local council. Biggest day of the local Speedway calendar and they cant even open the roads to assist the many motorist trying to locate the venue.

All they are interested in is the speeding fines.............

You live near kings lynn and your not going to one of the best meetings of the year and would rather pay sky than watch live,amazing![/

Not really. SWC is on Eurosprt not Sky. I will be able to see ALL of the race and not have my view blocked by other people. The money I save will be spent on a meeting where the money goes to British speedway not a private company.

Not convinced it will even be that good a meeting racing wise with one team of also rans and one with one world class rider but that's obviously my opinion.

I hope you enjoy it and don't spend hours sitting in the traffic chaos

I agree - I live close enough to go but am not - I know of many others doing the same - can't be doing with the hassle of traffic trying to get in and out of the place - some of these posters have no idea what a bottle-neck Kings Lynn is in the school holidays at weekends WITHOUT roadworks added to the chaos! Good luck to them but I shall enjoy it on TV as my subscription is already paid for to cover many sports I am interested in - whether I use it or not - its not on "pay to view"!

I applaud your efforts to be helpful as a local despite some people's ungrateful attitude.

More crucially one of the gateways into Norfolk is turned into more of a bottleneck than it already is on one of the busiest weekends of the year ie the first weekend after the kids have broken up. Absolute bonkers, why not wait til the autumn?

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 1

More crucially one of the gateways into Norfolk is turned into more of a bottleneck than it already is on one of the busiest weekends of the year ie the first weekend after the kids have broken up. Absolute bonkers, why not wait til the autumn?

I have said the same thing about doing major road works in the autumn/ winter instead of smack bang in the middle of the holiday season, but I think all councils do this just to cause maximum chaos and hold ups!!!!!

• Like 2

Not convinced it will even be that good a meeting racing wise with one team of also rans and one with one world class rider

You're pretty much describing a typical Elite League meeting, apart from the world class rider bit.

I watched it at the Grove pub in Berwick after the Rockets meeting was rained off. Just shows that even a fast, well prepared track can produce so so racing.

How the hell did Italy qualify? Apart from Covati, they were of NL standard

Edited by Shadders

I agree - I live close enough to go but am not - I know of many others doing the same - can't be doing with the hassle of traffic trying to get in and out of the place - some of these posters have no idea what a bottle-neck Kings Lynn is in the school holidays at weekends WITHOUT roadworks added to the chaos! Good luck to them but I shall enjoy it on TV as my subscription is already paid for to cover many sports I am interested in - whether I use it or not - its not on "pay to view"!

I applaud your efforts to be helpful as a local despite some people's ungrateful attitude.

There were no traffic problems, maybe earlier in the day there was but none by the time we got there.

We got there at 5 and had no traffic problems whatsoever. Even managed to park in the stadium car park so made a quick exit too!

F/blue and woz - pleased you encountered no problems but reading Bigballs post you must surely realise how lucky you were. Having travelled that road for many years I know when I am prepared to use it or not. As I live not far away I would not even leave home until 1 hour max. prior to a Lynn meeting and at that time I was enjoying a family Bar B Q with a couple of glasses of nicely chilled wine prior to sitting in my comfy armchair to view the meeting and having done so I definitely made the correct decision for me. The racing wasn't very exciting although GB did very well and I was pleased but it was always going to be between them and the Aussies going to the final and the other plus USA to the race-off.

arrived in KL at 5.00 with no delays on A47, went for a pizza, drove straight into carpark at 6.15, left straight after meetring via back roads back to A47. No problems whatsoever.

arrived in KL at 5.00 with no delays on A47, went for a pizza, drove straight into carpark at 6.15, left straight after meetring via back roads back to A47. No problems whatsoever.

Didnt need to take backroads parked in industrial estate easy parking and free! Went straight home only queue was getting out of ind est.