British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Star Lady

Swc King's Lynn Traffic Problems

I haven't seen this anywhere else, apologies if it has been posted.

There are major roadworks on the A47 around King's Lynn which will probably have a big impact on people coming to the Norfolk Arena, which is accessed via one of the slip roads involved. The A47 itself is down to single carriageway contraflow at that point and with the start of the school hols, extra caravans being towed as it's the main road to the east coast and the SWC that road is gonna be very busy. I went that way this morning and the queues were bad.

I'm not going into how to get round it as it would be unfair to the people who live in the villages nearby BUT folks leave plenty of time and use a fair bit of patience. Alternatively use your map to find a way round and not your sat navs.

• Like 1

Better still, save the petrol money, buy some nice beer, scran and get a good seat on the sofa, saves any aggro, hair loss and agitation,

YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE !!!!

• Like 1

I haven't seen this anywhere else, apologies if it has been posted.

There are major roadworks on the A47 around King's Lynn which will probably have a big impact on people coming to the Norfolk Arena, which is accessed via one of the slip roads involved. The A47 itself is down to single carriageway contraflow at that point and with the start of the school hols, extra caravans being towed as it's the main road to the east coast and the SWC that road is gonna be very busy. I went that way this morning and the queues were bad.

I'm not going into how to get round it as it would be unfair to the people who live in the villages nearby BUT folks leave plenty of time and use a fair bit of patience. Alternatively use your map to find a way round and not your sat navs.

Thanks for the advice but ...i pay road tax but mustn't use local roads? ok...i must remember to consign my £300 sat nav to the bin and pop out and buy a map that wont show the local roads i suppose....beggars belief i do hope in future the village people stay clear of the M25 and A13 when they come to lakeside as the manure from their horse drawn carts leave us townies very unhappy.

• Like 2

You are welcome to use those roads. I'm just not telling you which ones are the best to use ;) some of those roads are little more than single track so if everyone used the same route you wouldn't go very fast.

I was simply trying to be helpful as many people don't see the local news, I wonder why I bothered!

However for the majority of nice folk on the forum there is a protest scheduled for the A17 tomorrow morning which will involve lots of tractors. Hopefully it will be over before the majority of fans arrive but anyone who uses that A17 knows how much chaos one tractor causes let alone a convoy of them.

None of this will bother me, my seat on my comfy sofa is already booked :)

• Like 7

My God you are a misery guts westhamboy as well as being unecessarily sarcastic. I don't think anyone said don't use local roads bit it wouldn't be fair to send everyone the same way through certain villages. Or just leave plenty of time for your journey and all will be fine.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 3

Also, please do abide by the 30mph speed limit. Almost 3000 speeding tickets have been handed out over the last 2 and a half weeks. The average speed cameras are fully functioning

Edited by screamer
  • Like 1

Also, please do abide by the 30mph speed limit. Almost 3000 speeding tickets have been handed out over the last 2 and a half weeks. The average speed cameras are fully functioning

What-the tickets or the camera`s :lol: Edit the joke only worked on your original post :lol:

Edited by racers and royals

You are welcome to use those roads. I'm just not telling you which ones are the best to use ;) some of those roads are little more than single track so if everyone used the same route you wouldn't go very fast.

I was simply trying to be helpful as many people don't see the local news, I wonder why I bothered!

However for the majority of nice folk on the forum there is a protest scheduled for the A17 tomorrow morning which will involve lots of tractors. Hopefully it will be over before the majority of fans arrive but anyone who uses that A17 knows how much chaos one tractor causes let alone a convoy of them.

None of this will bother me, my seat on my comfy sofa is already booked :)

You live near kings lynn and your not going to one of the best meetings of the year and would rather pay sky than watch live,amazing!
  • Like 2

You live near kings lynn and your not going to one of the best meetings of the year and would rather pay sky than watch live,amazing![/

Not really. SWC is on Eurosprt not Sky. I will be able to see ALL of the race and not have my view blocked by other people. The money I save will be spent on a meeting where the money goes to British speedway not a private company.

Not convinced it will even be that good a meeting racing wise with one team of also rans and one with one world class rider but that's obviously my opinion.

I hope you enjoy it and don't spend hours sitting in the traffic chaos

• Like 1

Ok eurosport my mistake, I paid 15 quid for 25 heats in my book thats very good value compared to a league meeting. Eurosport or sky you still have to pay extra and I would rather my money was spent on live speedway. I will try to negotiate the villages as you suggested. I usually stand on the back straight never had a problem with my view

Edited by foreverblue

Hope you enjoy it foreverblue.

Stick to the speed limit on the back roads, quite a few have rivers or deep ditches beside them and are quite twisty(that applies to everyone not just fb :D )

No excuses from me for multiple postings , if it helps folk avoid sitting in queues it's worth it :cheers: Worth remembering it will take an absolute age to get out after the meeting as well.

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 2

Ok eurosport my mistake, I paid 15 quid for 25 heats in my book thats very good value compared to a league meeting. Eurosport or sky you still have to pay extra and I would rather my money was spent on live speedway. I will try to negotiate the villages as you suggested. I usually stand on the back straight never had a problem with my view

think it's now 20 heats has been for the last 2/3 years

Correct, although if he waits until the 25th race at least he won't have to face the traffic congestion when he leaves.

• Like 1

Whoops still better value than a league meeting though

Hope you enjoy it foreverblue.

Stick to the speed limit on the back roads, quite a few have rivers or deep ditches beside them and are quite twisty(that applies to everyone not just fb :D )

No excuses from me for multiple postings , if it helps folk avoid sitting in queues it's worth it :cheers: Worth remembering it will take an absolute age to get out after the meeting as well.

May not take the back roads going home dont want to end up in a ditch!!