British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mickthemuppet

World Cup Final 2nd August 2014

King is well on the pace, seems to lack the hardness of the others, maybe that will come in time. Disagree on Harris, he's fighting hard as his last ride showed. Stead off the pace totally.

We are not as good as the others, but apart from Stead, the others are not far off the pace.

Agreed, Harris is fighting hard but has a habit of throwing away positions. Did excellent in his last ride tho.

Doesn't bother Greg Hancock, does it ?

I take it from that comment that you are quite happy with his performance, believe it is acceptable and if he rode round at the back doing wheelies that would be OK because we will finish fourth anyway ?

He is our one world class rider and the one giving us some consolation from this meeting. He isn't.

Woffinden should be winning races, not scrapping for seconds.

Funny how you compare Hancock but what other team has an inspired rider this SWC? NONE.

The likes of Iversen and Ward should be winning for win if we take your example.

It isn't Tai`s responsibility to score every point possible not in this field. If he is giving 100% then i am happy.

IF USA had qualified they would be 4th with an unbeaten Hancock.

Fail to see your point.

I take it you are happy with his win now then? :rolleyes:

You find it ridiculous that I expect Woffinden to win races ?

HE HAS, Time to drop it now.

A chance to get lapped ? :o Be realistic please..

Lapped if so most of us would except that, there has to be change what a mistake this year would of been ideal to give Lambert exsperience and he would of gained loads for his future career ahead.

Thinly veiled attack on the BSPA from Tai there?

Edited by mb1990
  • Like 1

Making the final will do nothing to inspire the youngsters when they keep picking the same old riders. Until riders like Harris and Stead are left out and the likes of worrall garrity and cook are given a chance nothing will change

Making the final will do nothing to inspire the youngsters when they keep picking the same old riders. Until riders like Harris and Stead are left out and the likes of worrall garrity and cook are given a chance nothing will change

Maybe this year it was better to get to the final because in reality it's to early for the youngsters but I reckon next year we should go the USA way.drop Harris stead and maybe king and go with the kids

Agreed, Harris is fighting hard but has a habit of throwing away positions. Did excellent in his last ride tho.

Funny how you compare Hancock but what other team has an inspired rider this SWC? NONE.

The likes of Iversen and Ward should be winning for win if we take your example.

It isn't Tai`s responsibility to score every point possible not in this field. If he is giving 100% then i am happy.

IF USA had qualified they would be 4th with an unbeaten Hancock.

Fail to see your point.

I take it you are happy with his win now then? :rolleyes:

HE HAS, Time to drop it now.

Pedersen ?

I am not suggesting that he should go through the card, but he should be scoring more than that. I don't expect anything from King and Stead in this company, I do from Woffinden.

The point is its about consolation and deriving some pleasure from our one top rider, and the position the team finishes in and his performance are two entirely different things.

Yes, I am delighted that he won a race (and may he win a few more). As Pearson said: 'that's more like it'.

Pretty obvious decision there....even Lawrence couldn't get that wrong

• Like 1

Pedersen ?

I am not suggesting that he should go through the card, but he should be scoring more than that. I don't expect anything from King and Stead in this company, I do from Woffinden.

The point is its about consolation and deriving some pleasure from our one top rider, and the position the team finishes in and his performance are two entirely different things.

Yes, I am delighted that he won a race (and may he win a few more). As Pearson said: 'that's more like it'.

I know what you are saying, however lets take great comfort from the fact we qualified of right.

The result, as much as we would have liked better, was never in doubt.

I am still proud we have a British World Champion to be proud of.

What he needs to inspire tho is the BSPA to wake up, smell the coffee, start getting behind a proper training programme for the next generation and look at why our EL is as weak as it is and how we can give the EL public they league they will support!

Pretty obvious decision there....even Lawrence couldn't get that wrong

After his goof the other night was expecting all four back lol

Edited by noggin

Kildemand and Mads lovers.

They are both nowhere near Michael Jepsen Jensen's level.

You are deluded your man has to go and prove it on a consistent basis and up to now he has not done it .
  • Like 2

I know what you are saying, however lets take great comfort from the fact we qualified of right.

The result, as much as we would have liked better, was never in doubt.

I am still proud we have a British World Champion to be proud of.

What he needs to inspire tho is the BSPA to wake up, smell the coffee, start getting behind a proper training programme for the next generation and look at why our EL is as weak as it is and how we can give the EL public they league they will support!

:approve:

You are deluded your man has to go and prove it on a consistent basis and up to now he has not done it .

I see nothing changes.

Not even the Danes think Hay fever boy is good enough! :rofl::rofl: