British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mickthemuppet

World Cup Final 2nd August 2014

Robert Lambert will just end up as another British rider its harsh but true.

Like MJJ then.?

Of course it has we got a manager who done a whole lot better .. Last year you told us that no one could do a better job but the fact is they did .

One Swallow doesn't make a summer. As i said, he got lucky at KL, tonight we were totally exposed, big time. So where does that put the Team manager?? And there was the hundereds on here who nearly convinced me, i did say nearly... :o

Edited by Starman2006

Good riders with confidence don't get scarred they move on and learn use it as a positive.A bit of a Kop out Arson has Tai not shown you that?

To be fair Sidney. Woffy was riding in the Extraliga with Czestochowa at 18. How many of our Brits will be doing that now?...or in 5 years time?

• Like 1

THROWING young riders in at the deep end will achieve nothing unless there is someone there who actually knows a thing or two about riding to help them.

Would a British World Champion be of any assistance?

• Like 2

Good riders with confidence don't get scarred they move on and learn use it as a positive.A bit of a Kop out Arson has Tai not shown you that?

there will always be exceptions to the rule... Why didn't the Aussies select campton, Morris or Brady Kurtz instead of say Woodward??... Because they arnt good enough that's why, and neither are our youngins yet.
  • Like 1

The good news for British riders and supporters if you look at those teams in say 4 years time:

Poland: Zmarzlik, Przedepelski, Janowski, Pawlicki, Pawlicki

Denmark: MBJ, MJJ, Michelsen, Kildemand

Australia: Ward, Holder, Batchelor, Morris, Fricke

Britain: Woffy, Worrall, Lambert, Kerr, Garrity

where do people think we will finish now? People forget that there has been so much damage to the sport in terms of bringing talent through we will not see any improvement in our riders for 5-10 years and that's assuming the BSPA can be arsed!

Don't forget -

USA: Manzares, Ruml, ??? and.....

Hancock:-)

As long as we continue to ride around pokey little tracks playing second fiddle to Football and greyhounds we we never win an egg cup....Top level speedway now seems to be run on the big fast open tracks and we simply dont have the class,balls or machinery to do it

Harsh but true

• Like 1

One Swallow doesn't make a summer. As i said, he got lucky at KL, tonight we were totally exposed, big time. So where does that put the Team manager?? And there was the hundereds on here who nearly convinced me, i did say nearly... :o

got lucky?? How??....

To be fair Sidney. Woffy was riding in the Extraliga with Czestochowa at 18. How many of our Brits will be doing that now?...or in 5 years time?

He looked out of his depth in the GPS but god what character he had and the balls.Good riders BELIEVE in themselves and make a negative into a positive Tai showed us all that i am hoping Robert can step up to the plate.
  • Like 1

He looked out of his depth in the GPS but god what character he had and the balls.Good riders BELIEVE in themselves and make a negative into a positive Tai showed us all that i am hoping Robert can step up to the plate.

name another 5 that have done what tai did and I will name you 200 that never :)

got lucky?? How??....

Work it out mate, look at the scores, its not hard..

Anyone who thinks Lambert Kerr etc etc should have ridden wants their heads looked at IMO .... A World Cup final is not the place to do some traing ffs.... It would scar them for life.

Probably best to stick with what we've got for next year then !

As long as we continue to ride around pokey little tracks playing second fiddle to Football and greyhounds we we never win an egg cup....Top level speedway now seems to be run on the big fast open tracks and we simply dont have the class,balls or machinery to do it

Harsh but true

Great point .

Probably best to stick with what we've got for next year then !

next year we pick people on merit.... If lambert, Kerr etc are up to world level by then ok... But we put out our strongest team surely??

Great meeting, some really good racing, I really enjoyed that.

Man of the meeting for me was Jason Doyle.

Last year I was routing for Poland, this year I was routing for Denmark. Just didnt like the advantage Poland had in the first 4 races - as if they knew how the track was prepared. When the others caught on and got the machines set up right then the real meeting started.

I dont like the Joker, but it proved its worth this time - the right team won, pity Australia didnt finish second.

Low crowd, love to know what is really going on in Poland as to why they seemed to have turned away from speedway - especially meetings like that.

• Like 1