British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Leicester Lion

Hemsley: King's Lynn A Race Track No More

In today's Leicester Mercury, after reviewing the World Cup so far, David Hemsley says this:

"Finally, I would like to say although qualification to the final is good for British speedway, it did mask what was once one of the greatest race tracks in the country. It is no more!

"Whether it is track preparation, the style of racing or technology of the bikes I am not sure, but on wide open circuits such as King's Lynn the racing is simply flat out.

"Though this may be good for the riders, the entertainment value is far lower than for circuits such as our own Jordan Road Surfacing Stadium where you have to be technically competent and as a result entertainment is guaranteed."

There was more entertainment in four sodden heats at Sittingbourne on monday than the average Leicester meeting. Don't think this statement warrants being taken seriously.

Surely he should be put in a padded room? The World Cup qualifier was never going to be decent racing with the standard of riders being so wide, like most tracks I've seen good meetings and poor meetings at KL. At Leicester all I've ever seen is awful racing.

• Like 8

Haha Leicester is one of the worst tracks I have seen in speedway never mind just the EL.

• Like 4

We get this nonsense about great racing at BP every week in his column, but it is totally crass to be almost celebrating poor racing at a rival track, just to deflect criticism from the gater's paradise that he created. Utterly deluded.

• Like 2

I have to agree with Hemsley to a point. Saddlebow is not the track that it once was in terms of racing. Having said that maybe Hemsley should be more concerned with his own business and making sure he offers a decent racing track.

Edited by semion
  • Like 6

The guy is a comedy genius :D

He's right about Lynn though.

In today's Leicester Mercury, after reviewing the World Cup so far, David Hemsley says this:

"Finally, I would like to say although qualification to the final is good for British speedway, it did mask what was once one of the greatest race tracks in the country. It is no more!

"Whether it is track preparation, the style of racing or technology of the bikes I am not sure, but on wide open circuits such as King's Lynn the racing is simply flat out.

"Though this may be good for the riders, the entertainment value is far lower than for circuits such as our own Jordan Road Surfacing Stadium where you have to be technically competent and as a result entertainment is guaranteed."

I do hope that all the Leicester fans - and any visiting fans - who think differently to Helmsley take the time and trouble to respond to the article in the newspaper!! You never know, he might react to a deluge of opinion?!

I agree about kings lynn track. Most overrated track in country the last few years. What's gone wrong with it I don't know

But to say leicester is entertaining well. The guy is deluded. He really is.

I think the statement by Hemsley says more about him than the tracks at Lynn or Leicester, the quote " Better to be just thought a fool rather than to open one,s mouth and confirm it"

• Like 3

I do hope that all the Leicester fans - and any visiting fans - who think differently to Helmsley take the time and trouble to respond to the article in the newspaper!! You never know, he might react to a deluge of opinion?!

Been there seen that got the t'shirt ,it's not gonna happen

Cant see Buster letting that one pass without a response.

Edited by semion

Cant see Buster leeting that one pass without a response.

He probably should though, you know what they say - You should never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with their experience.

He has a point regarding Kings Lynn, because the racing has deteriorated over the last couple of years in my opinion.

• Like 2