British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Big Al

Message To Eurosport

Lots of riders names are pronounced differently outside of the UK.

The H bit in Thomas H Jonasson for instance is pronounced Ho in Swedish but I've never heard anyone in the UK pronounce it correctly!

And the Jonasson bit is pronounced Joe Hansen when Ermolenko pronounces it

I usually give commentators the benefit of the doubt, but Sam Ermolenko is just "fingernails down a blackboard" annoying now with all the repetitive gobbledegook he keeps spouting. Put Scott in the box and Sam in the pits, preferably talking as the bikes are warming up!

• Like 3

I was somewhat confused when Ermolenko kept saying Pawlicki was riding. I realised the third time he probably meant Jurica Pavlic!

And the Jonasson bit is pronounced Joe Hansen when Ermolenko pronounces it

must have heard Peter York! :)

• Like 1

I was somewhat confused when Ermolenko kept saying Pawlicki was riding. I realised the third time he probably meant Jurica Pavlic!

Lay off Stan Armyblanco, he's doing a great job...

• Like 2

I usually give commentators the benefit of the doubt, but Sam Ermolenko is just "fingernails down a blackboard" annoying now with all the repetitive gobbledegook he keeps spouting.

So how does he differ from Pearson spouting repetitive gobbledegook?

I don't think we should moan about Nige and Kelv too much, you can't please all the people all of the time. But as everyone else is.. The one that annoys me is when Kelvin says that 2 riders are "battling it out for 2nd and 3rd". No they're not, they are battling for 2nd, neither of them wants to finish 3rd, surely?

Lots of riders names are pronounced differently outside of the UK.

The H bit in Thomas H Jonasson for instance is pronounced Ho in Swedish but I've never heard anyone in the UK pronounce it correctly!

Lots of people inside the UK pronounce the letter H as Haitch but that doesn't make it right. I wonder how the Swedes pronounce it :lol:

The best commentator is always the one who isn't on the box at the moment ;)