British Speedway Forum
Cliffeboy

Somerset V Rye 08.08.14

embarrassment of a speedway club. Sell up and piss off you silly old fool. You're as mad as a box of frogs following that team over the country Shadders. Fair play.

• Like 5

John Sampford phoned three different riders to guest, none wanted to come

Can you blame them, the Rebels are rather quite good this season at home.As Robbo said "It`s better riding with the Rebels than against them at the OTA".

Can you blame them, the Rebels are rather quite good this season at home.As Robbo said "It`s better riding with the Rebels than against them at the OTA".

You're lucky you don't get to see them at home Cliff. Youd've been bored to death tonight. The place was flat, no atmosphere, expecting another one sided meeting and it was duly delivered with little effort.

That's three visits to the OTA in 2014 and we've managed to score just 74 points.

I'm just thankful I don't have to go again this year.

Edited by Shadders

You're lucky you don't get to see them at home Cliff. Youd've been bored to death tonight. The place was flat, no atmosphere, expecting another one sided meeting and it was duly delivered with little effort.

That's three visits to the OTA in 2014 and we've managed to score just 74 points.

I'm just thankful I don't have to go again thus year.

Feel a bit sorry for you mate, a long way to go for that. I going to try and get down for one of the play off matches, later on if I can. I`ll see you tomorrow and hopefully it`s a better match who ever wins.

PS It`s pissing down here.

Edited by Cliffeboy
  • Like 1

Reminds me of the thrashing that Exeter gave Arena Essex I believe it was a score of 65-15 (back in the 13 heat format days)

But these score lines are not helping the sport or the promoters with such high scores. you can't blame Somerset they came to do a job and did it

These teams should be penalised for fielding such a weak team, and if Len Silver can't do better than this then he should be refused entry into the premier league in 2015 but offered a place in the National league. I used to respect Len both as a rider and as a very shrewd promoter but that is disappearing now and I feel that the time has come for Len to retire and enjoy the rest of his life...................

Edited by starshooter

John Sampford phoned three different riders to guest, none wanted to come

Would love to know the riders Sampford apparently phoned . Probably took cheaper option of going with what he had. The reason speedway is struggling is watching teams like this shambles on the road . Only 2 riders from this debacle for me next year Kennett and Mellgren , but I fully expect a few more will be back . Please Jason Bunyan you've been a great rider over the years but surely you can't go any lower than this point, time to go mate.

Len really is mugging the fans here. It's not fair on the few who do travel away to watch Rye House - or the away fans.

I can only agree, this is a totally unacceptable performance.

What was the problem with KENNETT

I can only agree, this is a totally unacceptable performance.

What was the problem with KENNETT

Officially he has a shoulder injury, unofficially he just didn't fancy it.

Reminds me of the thrashing that Exeter gave Arena Essex I believe it was a score of 65-15 (back in the 13 heat format days)

But these score lines are not helping the sport or the promoters with such high scores. you can't blame Somerset they came to do a job and did it

These teams should be penalised for fielding such a weak team, and if Len Silver can't do better than this then he should be refused entry into the premier league in 2015 but offered a place in the National league. I used to respect Len both as a rider and as a very shrewd promoter but that is disappearing now and I feel that the time has come for Len to retire and enjoy the rest of his life...................

Somerset get stick for being quite strong in their team selection and replacing riders who are under performing. Len is very loyal to his riders through thick and thin but it don`t win you matches. I think picking another off form old favourite in Kennett put them on the back foot before a wheel had been turned. Bunyard, Garrity Bowen and especially Boxall all seasoned "Rye Guys" and all poor especially away from home. Where are the Kings, Sundstums, Woffindens that regularly used to grace the Rye teams just a few years ago.Match ups between Rye and Somerset used to be real tear ups. not one sided slaughters.

I can see the press release now. Same as all the others.

Excuse will be poor Eddie was injured.

Anders is coming back from injury

Steve Boxall had bike trouble

Rye weren't gating

Luke had a off night etc etc.

Why get rid of the Frenchman? Like Anders but to much expected to soon.

God almighty Silver, your past your sell by date and ruining Rye House as Ronnie Russell did.

Edited by Dave Stummings

Officially he has a shoulder injury, unofficially he just didn't fancy it.

Website doesn't mention it, which is why I asked.

That's a bit poor not to mention it, turning up to an away match to find out the no 1 wasn't riding and no guest wouldn't go down very well with me, frankly it's extracting the urine.

• Like 1

Website doesn't mention it, which is why I asked.

That's a bit poor not to mention it, turning up to an away match to find out the no 1 wasn't riding and no guest wouldn't go down very well with me, frankly it's extracting the urine.

The home fans weren't too impressed either when it was announced, as Eddie is usually half decent value around our place.

We should hit 60 tomorrow based on Ryes performance tonight, they were beyond woeful tonight.

Old Len was in the comic saying Scunthorpe NL team was so weak its bad for the NL and minimum points limit needs putting in place...maybe he needs to look at little closer to home

but...in Silvers defence,although not a great 1 to 7 hes got they should do alot better than they have been doing

• Like 3

Got feel for my old mate Shadders, travels up and down the country following the Rockets with nothing to show for it.

It must be getting tempting to change his colours from blue and yellow to the black and gold, but you I guess its a matter of pride stubbornness that stops him.

Somerset are though a very good side and they have been for quite sometime, but this was some defeat for Rye.

I do find it hard to believe that Rye could not get a Guest for Edward Kennett, maybe they did not try hard enough.

As for Somerset I think they will get stronger as the seson goes along and could be a bit of a dark horse in the Play offs.

• Like 1

I can see the press release now. Same as all the others.

Excuse will be poor Eddie was injured.

Anders is coming back from injury

Steve Boxall had bike trouble

Rye weren't gating

Luke had a off night etc etc.

Why get rid of the Frenchman? Like Anders but to much expected to soon.

God almighty Silver, your past your sell by date and ruining Rye House as Ronnie Russell did.

Or maybe Ron was trying to reverse the ruin that Silver lefyt behind then? Ron's only fault was to keep trying. A decent genuine guy who really does not deserve what he gets on here.

I've known plenty of reptiles and idiots in the sport and he certainly wasn't one.

Edited by rmc
  • Like 1