British Speedway Forum
stevehone

Kings Lynn V Poole 14/08/14

He will be over the moon, but he won't be coming on here to share it... Sadly.

so your guesting for shovvy will stay in place then ?
  • Like 1

so your guesting for shovvy will stay in place then ?

Sadly, the worst guest in Speedway history :t:

• Like 1

1. The change has made no difference what so ever.

2. People are walking away from the sport because of the product

3 I am a Robin but I must admit Matt Ford and Mick Horton do some brilliant promoting and they do get rewarded with big attendances you only have to look on the bet365 streams to see the fans out in there numbers.

4. There are crisis going on in the world and to think some members are throwing a fit about a rider who cant score point unless gifted it is quite frankly ridiculous.

Its about time all this Benji Compton stuffed stopped after all Poole demolished Lynn tonight when Benji scored 0 therefore they are the better team no ifs no buts.

1. Is not relevant

2. Wrong, I know people who have walked as they're sick of this type of garbage from Ford.

3. Has nothing to do with this issue.

4. True, it's only sport. But if a sport can't offer a fair playing field to all competitors then it's not much of a sport at all.

• Like 7

Gater, you completely miss the point, the fact Compton scored 0 is irrelevant, it was the way it was done. As and yes people are walking away from the sport because of fiddling, two of them have posted on this thread.

As for Poole being better than Lynn, they are right now but may not be in six weeks time. That's a home win and an away win each from our four clashes, I make it 176-184 to Poole over 60 heats so hardly a fag paper in it really.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 1

To be honest most of us are over Benji. As far as cheating goes, I have seen worse go untouched in speedway. It's the attitude of some Poole supporters who aren't big enough to say "We shouldn't have done that" and admit that it was unfair which is causing this separation amongst the community. A small token gesture from a Poole supporter who understands how it must feel when it seems like another club is given preferential treatment over your own is all it takes to repair the damage. Unfortunately some supporters seem to show their support for cheating which is bound to cause upset among any supporter who truly loves and cares for their sport.

Congratulations Poole on a well deserved win. The majority of the team has been here since the first day and each one has played his part to get to where they are today. Let's keep it up but not yet write off King's Lynn or they will be determined to inflict an even bigger away defeat in the final!

• Like 3

Why don't all those that are so up in arms about cheating on the second reserve front get up a petition.

They could get all the signatures and send it to the BSPA at Rugby to get Poole thrown out of the league and shut down.

After all it is a hanging offence to cheat and get in a rider who scores nil unless someone falls off or retires.

As I said before I do not agree with Brendon's being replaced but this has gone on far too long and people who feel so strongly should take it up with the correct authorities.

• Like 1

I am just saying the Benji stuff doesn't bother me one bit.

But you must acknowledge that it bothers lots of others and that it's just the latest in a long line of fiddles and rule bends in Poole's favour. Which is making some people stop going to speedway.

• Like 1

But you must acknowledge that it bothers lots of others and that it's just the latest in a long line of fiddles and rule bends in Poole's favour. Which is making some people stop going to speedway.

The start of the meeting was delayed, so that people queing could get in. "people stop going" ?????

• Like 3

Bloody Nora KL. Just got in to this. Smart, Johnson or Compton, no matter & no excuses. Play off Kenneth at it yet again.

You can't say you ain't been warned.

Get thy arses in gear, pretty damn sharp :shock:

• Like 1

The start of the meeting was delayed, so that people queing could get in. "people stop going" ?????

Yes, some people have stopped going, they have walked away from the sport, regardless of how many were there tonight. You will always get big crowds when the top sides meet. It's all the other fixtures during the season which cause the problem.

Edited by Gordon Bennett

If Matt Fraud has pulled a stroke, is he the one to blame or should the blame lay firmly at the door of those who allow him to pull the stroke ?

• Like 4

Bloody Nora KL. Just got in to this. Smart, Johnson or Compton, no matter & no excuses. Play off Kenneth at it yet again.

You can't say you ain't been warned.

Get thy arses in gear, pretty damn sharp :shock:

KB should probably be scoring more than eight but to be fair to him the three in the middle order probably cost us the meeting if you want to point fingers, all have performed much better than that this season.

Expect the whole side to be much sharper than that at Play Off time.

Edited by Gordon Bennett

If Matt Fraud has pulled a stroke, is he the one to blame or should the blame lay firmly at the door of those who allow him to pull the stroke ?

0 points.

KL need to worry about sticking up his backside and forget beggar the rest..................please :P

Sadly, the worst guest in Speedway history :t:

..... but is he ranked below 24. ;)