British Speedway Forum
stevehone

Kings Lynn V Poole 14/08/14

I don't get upset I just laugh my head off as its Speedway nothing is serious its all one big joke as far as I am concerned I gave up being serious about it a long time ago.

Certainly has become that way over the past decade or so

Poole moving the goalposts was almost expected before the end of the season's , but why would any team be worried by the presence of Benji Compton ? :unsure:

As always its the principle of goalpost moving and a p!ss weak governing body which cheeses people off. All we want is s professionally run sport played on a level playing field, personally I'd swap being thirteen points clear at the top for that.

As for Compton he probably won't make a massive difference BUT his extra experience compared to Hopwood & Johnson could gain an extra point or two in a play off tie and that could be huge.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 4

Agree with Gordon 100%. Whole stadium should show their displeasure of Poole's antics.

Hope Matt interviews Middlo or Ford about it :-)

Edited by Trees

Compton is crap and won't score many points. And as buster has said before when riding Poole cheats never prosper. Hopefully the stars will take all the points .

• Like 1

Looking forward to this one, a long drive but hey!!! Only seen young Lambert Twice this year, but what a talent you have at Lynn!

• Like 1

Thursdays meeting will have no barring on the play offs, if these two meet up. Buster is canny enough to make sure the track on Thursday will be nothing like the one he will prepare IF these two meet up in the Play-offs. Lynn fans have seen what Buster can do, when something special is called for. Let Ford think he is putting one over on the rest of Speedway. I have faith in Buster to repay it, with interest.

• Like 1

Come on , we all know the sport is corrupt as hell and self interest is the order of the day . So why folk continue to get upset about it instead of giving up like thousands of others , is beyond me .

Does anyone really think that having Benji Compton at reserve is suddenly giving Poole some sort of huge advantage ? It's not exactly up there with the Belle Vue meeting last year in terms of a carve up now .

Compton is crap and won't score many points. And as buster has said before when riding Poole cheats never prosper. Hopefully the stars will take all the points .

No one is saying Compton is going to make a huge difference. He MIGHT score a point or 2 that the riders he has replaced didn't.

And that is the Poole mentality, every little helps!

And if he is as crap as everyone suggests - why not just stick with what they got?!

They already have one of the better draft reserves!

Should be a good encounter B) Like others, I'm not impressed with regards to the Benji Compton thing, but nothing surprises me in speedway anymore. There's no real consistency with the rules and rule keeping these days. Too many people more concerned about their own self interests than the interests of the sport as a whole. That's one of the main issues for me. Either way, I hope we win and send the Pirates home with their tails between their legs so-to-speak :party::lol:

No one is saying Compton is going to make a huge difference. He MIGHT score a point or 2 that the riders he has replaced didn't.

And that is the Poole mentality, every little helps!

And if he is as crap as everyone suggests - why not just stick with what they got?!

They already have one of the better draft reserves!

totally spot on.

why get rid of Johnson for Compton if as everyone says he isnt going to make a difference.

its the poole way to destroy young brits they do it on a regular basis. now on their 4th number 7 this season.

we all said Poole would at some point manipulate the draft and what happens.

Matt Ford still ruining British speedway year on yera.

Back to the meeting it will be close but im praying for a Lynn win by a wide margin. Come on you Lynn fans make sure you give Ford and the stooge Middlo all the stick they deserve. Let them know what the majority of the speedway public feel about them

• Like 1

But Poole always do prosper

• Like 1

But Poole always do prosper

And will continue to do so while the spineless governing body allow them to do as they please.

• Like 7

I was at King's Lynn for the SWC qualifier.............first time I had been there since the late 80's........

The staff were brilliant when they realised I had a problem with the seating.........and changed the tickets straight away..........

The fans were ok too bearing in mind how many people were there however I am not sure based on the comments here by the fans that I would want to visit there again...........over the years I have been to many tracks around the country and encountered the friendliest fans.............a lot of the fans that get on forums are nothing but keyboard ninja's who like to make trouble for anyone except their own team.........

A Poole surprise win I think..........

RP

...a lot of the fans that get on forums are nothing but keyboard ninja's who like to make trouble for anyone except their own team.........

A lot of fans on the forum go to many meetings like you. Guess that makes you just as much as a keyboard warrior than the rest then.

• Like 3

As for Compton he probably won't make a massive difference BUT his extra experience compared to Hopwood & Johnson could gain an extra point or two in a play off tie and that could be huge.

Whilst you're correct about the lack of professionalism within the sport Baggy, I'd respectfully suggest that King's Lynn have gained far more from having both their Fast Track Reserves picks "locked" (it was only supposed to be 1 per team, originally) than whatever Poole may gain from the hairdresser, which is likely only going to be the odd point here and there, if that.

• Like 1