British Speedway Forum
A ORLOV

Eastbourne - Swindon 11.8.14

What was the attendance like on a non-Sky Monday evening??

Put it this way. I arrive late because of a closed road but I was not worried about get my usual spot!

Eastie, Lakeside, Wolves and Lynn at home for us. Away we have Coventry, Lynn and not sure about the rest. We always go well around your place and tbh we should of beaten Lynn at Lynn earlier in the season on Sky.

Swindon home meetings

Kings Lynn, Lakeside, Wolves, Coventry, Eastbourne

Swindon Away meetings

Kings Lynn, Coventry, Leicester, BV

Swindon home meetings

Kings Lynn, Lakeside, Wolves, Coventry, Eastbourne

Swindon Away meetings

Kings Lynn, Coventry, Leicester, BV

Looking at that, I'd have Swindon down for about 55 points while Coventry I think can get 60. Poole probably 60ish too. While Eastbourne and Lakeside I can see as getting about 50. TBH, having just worked it out I think Coventry have quite a lot of breathing space.

Us and Coventry will make up the top 4 in my opinion because I just cant see Eastie or Lakeside winning away from home whilst on the other hand I can see us and Coventry picking up points on the road.

You sure as I can see Eastbourne winning on Thursday in a meeting that could be decided on the guests for Killer & Blackbird,

Looking at that, I'd have Swindon down for about 55 points while Coventry I think can get 60. Poole probably 60ish too. While Eastbourne and Lakeside I can see as getting about 50. TBH, having just worked it out I think Coventry have quite a lot of breathing space.

Coventry are the only team who can stop a Kings Lynn vs. Poole final for me.

You sure as I can see Eastbourne winning on Thursday in a meeting that could be decided on the guests for Killer & Blackbird,

Coventry are the only team who can stop a Kings Lynn vs. Poole final for me.

Depends who Lynn pick. They'll surely take one of Coventry or Poole. You'd think they'd let Coventry sort out Poole - which I think we should do. Leaving a Lynn/Coventry final. TBH, it's all a bit irrelevant, I just can't see past Lynn in the play-offs unless Kerr gets injured in heat 2 of one of the legs.

What was the attendance like on a non-Sky Monday evening??

pretty poor, but with some awful weather in surrounding areas, I'm not surprised.
  • Like 1

A lot depends on if teams get all their fixtures completed though esp with the forecast weather. Lovely in Coventry & swindon when no speedway but pours down when there is.

A lot depends on if teams get all their fixtures completed though esp with the forecast weather. Lovely in Coventry & swindon when no speedway but pours down when there is.

if anyone is interested :

Current league table showing EFFECTIVE positions based on season-long form so far (number of points lost at home v. no of points gained away) :

H- A+ o/a Best Worst

Kings Lynn -3 +23 +20 +40 +8

Poole -7 +14 +7 +31 -5

Coventry -9 +15 +6 +30 -18

Swindon -12 +13 +1 +17 -14

Lakeside -6 +7 +1 +29 -11

Eastbourne -3 +3 = +32 -12

Belle Vue -8 +3 -5 -1 -29

Leicester -14 +3 -11 +9 -29

Wolves -20 +8 -12 +4 -21

Best = winning all remaining aways (getting max +4pts in each)

Worst = losing all remaining homes (loss of 3pts in each)

(Obviously likelihood is somewhere in between, but this gives an idea of possibilities)

If all teams win remaining homes but lose all remaining aways then final league positions will be as currently shown.

• Like 2

if anyone is interested :

Current league table showing EFFECTIVE positions based on season-long form so far (number of points lost at home v. no of points gained away) :

H- A+ o/a Best Worst

Kings Lynn -3 +23 +20 +40 +8

Poole -7 +14 +7 +31 -5

Coventry -9 +15 +6 +30 -18

Swindon -12 +13 +1 +17 -14

Lakeside -6 +7 +1 +29 -11

Eastbourne -3 +3 = +32 -12

Belle Vue -8 +3 -5 -1 -29

Leicester -14 +3 -11 +9 -29

Wolves -20 +8 -12 +4 -21

Best = winning all remaining aways (getting max +4pts in each)

Worst = losing all remaining homes (loss of 3pts in each)

(Obviously likelihood is somewhere in between, but this gives an idea of possibilities)

If all teams win remaining homes but lose all remaining aways then final league positions will be as currently shown.

is this just for stevebrum... :D

• Like 1

Coventry can stop a Lynn-Poole final only because of Michael Jepsen Jensen.

His brilliance and enigmatic nature is what worries the Pirates and Stars.

He's capable of running through the card.

Coventry can stop a Lynn-Poole final only because of Michael Jepsen Jensen.

His brilliance and enigmatic nature is what worries the Pirates and Stars.

He's capable of running through the card.

The Killer outshining and outscoring him this year, always told you i rated him higher and that's with PK being in patchy form for Swindon.Your man i rate but he is falling down the pecking order young Pawlicki now in front of him as well.
  • Like 1

The Killer outshining and outscoring him this year, always told you i rated him higher and that's with PK being in patchy form for Swindon.Your man i rate but he is falling down the pecking order young Pawlicki now in front of him as well.

TBF, he's made two GP semis in a row, that puts him in the top 8 in the World - where are Kildemand and Pawlicki? Its alright saying Kildemand did well in the GP he ride in (and he really did ) but MJJ qualified as reserve, Kildemand and Pawlicki were not even in the qualifier. Ignore KKS (or whatever he is calling himself today) and put any bias aside and it's hard to deny that MJJ is a class act - but then tbf so are Pawlicki and Kildemand.

TBF, he's made two GP semis in a row, that puts him in the top 8 in the World - where are Kildemand and Pawlicki? Its alright saying Kildemand did well in the GP he ride in (and he really did ) but MJJ qualified as reserve, Kildemand and Pawlicki were not even in the qualifier. Ignore KKS (or whatever he is calling himself today) and put any bias aside and it's hard to deny that MJJ is a class act - but then tbf so are Pawlicki and Kildemand.

I did say that he was but he still has not gate crashed the series i hope he does as he is a talent.

is this just for stevebrum... :D

The sensible ones amongst us had already worked out the form element of the league table.

Lets face it it isn't telling me anything i already don't know! :t: